10 replies to this topic

#1 paul_led_126pro

paul_led_126pro

Starting out

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:49 AM

Well last night I tried setting up complete . My 2 clip on circulation fans now do not work !? Yhey have been in the loft for 3 years plugged in and nothing . Can feel them vibrating (trying to run) but won't rotate.

So what's the best clip ons to buy for air circulation around the canopy?

Cheers

Paul

#2 WanderinBloke

WanderinBloke

They see me wibblin'

• Respected User
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:43 PM

Squirt loads of WD40 in there and then try pull them apart to clean them. You might get lucky.

Failing that I'd just buy whatever's cheap and cheerful. I've spent a little more cash on clip-ons but it doesn't seem to make much difference; cheap or dear they all have pretty similar longevity.

Unless anyone knows any different?

• paul_led_126pro likes this

#3 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:48 PM

Squirt loads of WD40 in there and then try pull them apart to clean them. You might get lucky.

Failing that I'd just buy whatever's cheap and cheerful. I've spent a little more cash on clip-ons but it doesn't seem to make much difference; cheap or dear they all have pretty similar longevity.

Unless anyone knows any different?

no there all crap even my 56 quid metal one only lasted 18 months i buy the cheapest now as it makes no difference really sadly when the english companys went bankrupt our last source went with it,all chinese now just different rebrands and higher price,maybe we should all chip in and buy a bulk load of alibaba?

• Lab Rat likes this

#4 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,603 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:16 PM

Summink like this http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2a344c9f51 bunged on yoyo`s stuck on side of your tent would do the job its supposed to do and probably cheaper than those diddy clip ones that do nothing or very little unless it`s a hot day and you sat at pc all day, you can clip them to screen on laptop to keep you cool. :)

• duke likes this

#5 BAD NEWS BROWN

BAD NEWS BROWN

SERIAL VAPIST

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:58 PM

How much noise do they make jimmi? I'm after a new fan, I was thinking a tower one though

#6 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,603 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:03 PM

How much noise do they make jimmi? I'm after a new fan, I was thinking a tower one though

I not got one m8. i use 2 big household fans atmo but they on their last legs so i`ll be heading this way, but the last one i had was alot quieter than say a 16 inch pedestal house fan on full. They are alot quieter than you would think. This looks pretty neat too if you can wall mount it http://www.ebay.co.u...269181699&rt=nc Cheers m8

• BAD NEWS BROWN likes this

#7 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:32 AM

Ive got to big up these beasts from the local Argos, not too noisy and wow have they got some power! Good tilt on them and ya can wall mount, not cheap at £23 but there made by honeywell and they no there stuff and good build quality http://www.argos.co....ustomer_reviews
  • The Dude Abides and BAD NEWS BROWN like this

#8 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:56 PM

WD40

I'd avoid that, if possible. Maybe as a last resort, but it will probably kill the fan eventually.

Although it may well work in the short term, it will just end up sticky, dusty and dirty after little a while.

#9 WanderinBloke

WanderinBloke

They see me wibblin'

• Respected User
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:30 PM

I'd avoid that, if possible. Maybe as a last resort, but it will probably kill the fan eventually.

Although it may well work in the short term, it will just end up sticky, dusty and dirty after little a while.

Anything you'd use in its place?

I normally pull them apart and put them ina bucket of water for cleaning then spray some WD40 when done. Seems to work ok.

#10 WanderinBloke

WanderinBloke

They see me wibblin'

• Respected User
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:32 PM

They are bloody noisy. My neighbour has one and it makes a racket. I told him to get a fan because of the smells oozing out from his flat ;) so he bought one of those :lol: :rolleyes:

• BAD NEWS BROWN likes this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.