#11 Mr. Don Keidik

Mr. Don Keidik

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:40 PM

Hey all I'm back again to ask a question in the name of my friend

So the strain she's growing is unknown (maybe you can tell by the pics, to me it looks like more or less a 50/50 hybrid), and she is now around her 4th week of flowering.
Now - she said that she used to have very big fan leaves, like - 1.5, maybe 2 times bigger than a man's palm, but cause of the 'bdsm' (lst) job done with the plant - these leaves were getting no sunlight and became yellow and we're pulled out.
She also said that she pulls about 4-5 yellow leaves daily (it's always the ones who gets no sunlight).

Anyway - all in all I think the plant looks reaaly good, green & healthy,
So does my friend,
The thing she's concerned about though - is the size of the buds -
As said the girl is in her 4th week and her biggest buds are no bigger than a cola bottle's cap in diameter,
And by looking at pics online - she has seen that at that phase - the buds should already be fat - Like about - a cola can diameter fat.

I know it's hard to Judge without a pic but even for me it sounds pretty small a cola bottle cap for week four,
Anyway she said she'll take a pic the next few days, but in the meantime - what do u think ?
  • duke likes this

#12 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:00 PM

When was she training? during the onset of flower? could be she's stalled them a little if that's the case. And tell her to leave the leafs to drop au-natrel, let the plants use them up first, :P, only taking the ones that come away with very little force. 

ps, none of the pics are showing DonK, have they been deleted/removed from the image hosting site? They are safe enough hosted here on the :tgc:

• The Dude Abides likes this

#13 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:06 PM

It's rly hard to say how big they should be at any given time, a lot of good yeilders look crap till after week 5 (true flower) there is loads of time to fatten up

#14 Mr. Don Keidik

Mr. Don Keidik

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:12 PM

Yea the images must have been deleted cause I don't see them too

She started training from when the plant was little up until more or less two weeks into flower, and than only slight corrections to branches that we're getting no light,
And she did removed those leaves only when they were virtually dead.

Actually I've just looked at germanator's growlog and as far as I remember from the pics here - they are more or less the same size for their time, which is good.
Anyway she should send me some pics tomorrow or the day after just in case.

Btw of removing leaves - what are the common comments about defoliation at around 1-2 weeks before harvest ?
Just from the tops, so the lower levels could get more light

Edited by Mr. Don Keidik, 27 August 2014 - 06:15 PM.

#15 Mr. Don Keidik

Mr. Don Keidik

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:05 AM

well lets see

+- week 4 near a cola cap to comparison

thats about the biggest bud she says,

and these are her questions - 

1-isnt that too small for week 4 ?

2-in the scale of 'sativa-indica' - where do u think that strain stands ?

3-what do you think about defoliation from the top to get some more light to the lower parts of the plats - good\bad, why ? and if yes - when would be the best time to do that ?

Attached Files

Edited by Mr. Don Keidik, 28 August 2014 - 11:08 AM.

• Budgie and The Dude Abides like this

#16 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:24 AM

Hi Don, the buds look OK to me, outdoor plants always start budding slowly then make it up towards the end.

Looks slightly more sativa to me, going by the leaf shape.

I never defoliate outdoor plants as they get light from all round as opposed to indoor which only get it from above.

The yellowing leaves will fall off on their own, pulling off healthy leaves can damage the plant and encourage bud rot.

All good things

TDA

• Budgie, KiefKat, Mr. Don Keidik and 1 other like this

#17 Mr. Don Keidik

Mr. Don Keidik

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:11 PM

thnx dude, good to see you too here 

#18 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:18 PM

1-isnt that too small for week 4 ?    looks good to me and very healthy, should see a big difrence in the next few weeks

2-in the scale of 'sativa-indica' - where do u think that strain stands ?  very long thin leaves says sativa to me ( inidica's shorter and wide )

3-what do you think about defoliation from the top to get some more light to the lower parts of the plats - good\bad, why ? and if yes - when would be the best time to do that ? as the dude says above, plants get light from all atound outside, and just let the wind take them leaves off o naturall style

hope that helps m8

• Budgie, The Dude Abides and Mr. Don Keidik like this

#19 Mr. Don Keidik

Mr. Don Keidik

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:50 PM

That's ace

#20 Slippery

Slippery

Ganga Ninja

• Respected User
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:03 AM

Cant see the first few pics, just the last two.

As TDA says, they do seem to take a while to get going outdoors sometimes, also they inevitably take longer than expected (at least in my experience), that said, we have had shite weather in my region for the past few years!

I agree the defoliation is probably not a good idea, just like your body, any wound is an entry point for mould and bacteria, plus the leaves get light from all directions and because of wind, they all get a fair crack of the whip.

Where on earth did you get the tiny snowball from in the last two pics???

• Budgie, The Dude Abides and Solo Quin like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.