44 replies to this topic

#21 Slippery

Slippery

Ganga Ninja

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:05 AM

PS, they look great, lots of flower sites!

Hope they finish well for you!

#22 Mr. Don Keidik

Mr. Don Keidik

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:19 AM

its a soda bottle cap ;]]

#23 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:07 PM

hi don they look real good to me and about right for what looks sat dom theres plenty time yet for fatter buds to grow,good luck

• The Dude Abides and Mr. Don Keidik like this

#24 Mr. Don Keidik

Mr. Don Keidik

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 02:45 PM

hey fellas, i have some questions again on the behalf of my friend.

ill upload the pictures later on today.

so she is entering week 8 now, 

and she had some troubles again with the irrigation system

and uhh the holes in the water pipe got clogged with dirt and it caused 2 bad things - 

one is obviously lack of water to the plant and super slow irrigation, way too slow, which also caused the soil to be constantly wet on where the water dripps,

two is water being in the pipe for too long, which caused some rot in the pipe and bad smell,

so ofcourse she cleaned that up, but the damage might have been done already.

thats just some background, these are the real problems - 

1 - first of all - on a very short period (a few days) a lot of leaves (maybe 40%) has gone yellow.

now i know some of you might say that its naturaly thing that happens towards the harvest time, kind of like that when people go old they gets wrinkles and white hair, but i disagree ---

i belive that with a proper care both plants and men can be in a perfect health, or at least very close to it,

its a fact that a lot of plants, when they get the right conditions stay green, healthy and beautiful looking even in the harvest, and some men too as well.

so she wonders what might have caused that problem, and if it can be reversed.

she sais she thinks it because of the rot in the water pipe, and maybe, maybe also because of overfeeding (although i know yellow leaves with that pattern point to a lack of nitrogen, and not over something which is weird because she gave the plant a lot of food, but - maybe - the rot in the pipe made a condition so the roots arent able to absorb these nuterients)

any thoughts ?

she took down all of the yellow leaves, and a lot of other leaves because they were literally growing inside other buds and branches because of the - not so proffesional LST/SCROG she had done.

so its less crowded now and the buds can get some more air and space to maybe fatten up,

because they're a little bit thin comparing to other plants,

they look very healthy, and dense and has a lot of trichomes, but they're kinda thin as well.

any insights on how to make them fatten a little bit more towards the end ?

2 - she has seen some black weird thing on one of the buds,

kinda looks like birds shit, but without the white,

the solid hard and it doesnt look like a rot or something that might spread, but yet it doesnt looks like a bird shit or anything i know,

so again - ill up some pics later, and needs you to tell me what do you think of it .

last thing is a question about harvest time.

originally she had thought that harvest will come in about week 10, but now she sais that it seems that the plant made a lot of progress and may be ready in next week.

right now shes got about 90% brown hairs and 10% white,

triches are

~~~ 91% milky,

~~~ 7% amber,

~~~ 2% clear

now she sais she wants to harvest at ~50% amber ~50% milky

so right now she lowered the water amount to 12 liters - every other day, or 2 days water - 1 day break.

and she gives only plain water as to maybe wash out the rot from the pipe,

what do you thing - still needs feeding+sugar, or go plain water to the end ?

again ill up some pics later on today.

thank you all

• The Dude Abides likes this

#25 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 03:07 PM

Bit hard to say without pics Don, mould in the pipe won't do the plant any good but may not do it much harm either.

If it's got 91% milky trichs then it is nearly ready for harvest, the yellowing leaves will just be the plant reabsorbing the sugars etc, to put the goodness into the buds and is normal for this stage of the grow.

The 'black thing' could be bird shit, a lot of bird shit around my way is dark purple atm due to them eating elderberries.

All good things

TDA

• uk Percy and Slippery like this

#26 Mr. Don Keidik

Mr. Don Keidik

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 03:32 PM

but what could cause such a severe regression ?

in only a few days 40% of the leaves turned yellow and ALL the rest FAN LEAVES which didnt turned yellow - got really pale and are on their way of turning yellow,

it looks much like a nitrogen deficiencey - the leaves turn all evenly yellow and pale,

again this is weird because this soil is rich in nitrogen due to a lot of compost, humus, and feeding as well, yet maybe - all this amount of water daily had caused the nitrogen to wash out ?

do you think its reversable ?

#27 mellowed

mellowed

The Untroubled One

• Sleeping Mods
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 03:43 PM

Could also be the ph of the soil has dramatically change when the feed an stuff has been added.

Remember that if you feed a plant an it doesnt use the feed available then this will adjust the ph of the soil it is sat in.

Could be worth a little check because if it has feed an is not feeding then either the roots are knackered or the ph is out. Or shes getting to the end of her flowering cycle an is dropping the leaves she knows she wont need anymore. :)
  • Slippery likes this

#28 KiefKat

KiefKat

TGC DJ

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,620 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 04:13 PM

2 - she has seen some black weird thing on one of the buds,

kinda looks like birds shit, but without the white,

the solid hard and it doesnt look like a rot or something that might spread, but yet it doesnt looks like a bird shit or anything i know,

so again - ill up some pics later, and needs you to tell me what do you think of it .

I've spotted liitle dark shits on my plants - seem to be coming from caterpillars. Every time I find a few pellets of crap I find a caterpillar in a bud above (which obviously doesn't survive long after being found :devil:), didn't have anything like this last year but they don't appear to be doing much damage - eating a few of the fan leaves but not much else. They seem to sleep on the stem inside the bud to avoid being seen but they don't appear to be eating any of the bud thankfully.

Perhaps that's what's leaving the deposits on your friends plants?

• The Dude Abides likes this

#29 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 04:15 PM

but what could cause such a severe regression ?

in only a few days 40% of the leaves turned yellow and ALL the rest FAN LEAVES which didnt turned yellow - got really pale and are on their way of turning yellow,

it looks much like a nitrogen deficiencey - the leaves turn all evenly yellow and pale,

again this is weird because this soil is rich in nitrogen due to a lot of compost, humus, and feeding as well, yet maybe - all this amount of water daily had caused the nitrogen to wash out ?

do you think its reversable ?

The plant doesn't need the leaves now, that's why she's eating them.

Don't give her nitrogen, you don't want her growing new leaves at this stage.

It's not reversible.

All good things

TDA

• KiefKat and Slippery like this

#30 Mr. Don Keidik

Mr. Don Keidik

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 04:46 PM

hey guys thanks for answering

@ mellowed - i thought about something like this, thats why i told her to go water only for a while.

thanks for the insight though.

@ KKat - its a little small to be a caterpiller crap but it might be grasshopper, as she sais that there are some grasshoppers around there, they also ate some leaves.

now when i looked at the pics it looks a lot like someones turd, but definatly not a rot as she thought it was,

dont think a cause for concern

@ dude - yea, i know that theory, but yet - a lot of growers get all they way to the end with perfectly green and healthy leaves,

what i basically ask is - how ?

anyway heres the pics

1st pic is the 'turd'

2nd pic - pale and yellow leaves befor defoliation

3rd pic - bud size

4th pic - plant after defoliation

she said that she would probably take down more leaves in the next few days as they seem very pale and on their way to get yellow, and getting tangled with other buds as well.

thanks

Attached Files

Edited by Mr. Don Keidik, 25 September 2014 - 04:48 PM.

• The Dude Abides, duke and KiefKat like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.