331 replies to this topic

#1 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

grow, smoke, eat, repeat.

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:48 PM

got a new room so going down a new route, aquafarms to be precise. heres the run down

the room is 2m long, 1.6m wide and 2.4m high

the plan is to put 2 x 600w adjust a wings over 4 aquafarms 

so far got the lighting sorted, got the room fully mylar'd off it ! took the air brick vent off and put a box over it with a 6" wall spigot attached for outake.

the extraction i already have lying around is a 6"RVK A1 with matching rhino filter, and a 5"RVK A1 for intake, i have a couple of clip on fans to take the heat directly off the bulbs, and i'll get a couple of oscillating fans to move air around the room.

the plan is to veg with MH then flower with HPS, fingers crossed the extraction will suffice if not then the 6" will be used for intake and i'll have to find an 8"RVK and filter for outake, forgot to mention i also have the choice between fan controllers as i seem to have found 2 ! i got a ram pro and a new GSE temp controller, not even been used the GSE one so i'll probably be using that one as i wasn't to keen on the ram pro, gto all tools for measuring nutes, bluelab ec truncheon, digital ph pen (accuread one i think it is) buffer 7 to calibrate it so all is good there.

In two minds over what nutes to use, GHE 3 part is an all time fav of mine as it's what i've used most but tempted to just go vita link A+B + buddy at a later date.

The farms will be modded so they have more holes drilled in the inner bucket and an air stone added to each farm, looking to get one big pump to do all 4 farms if i can so if anyone can recommend one then by all means fire away ! 

really the only thing holding me up this is sourcing some cutts ! the cheese is always available but i fancy a change, and round these ways, everyone is mad for the cheese so any other strains can be hard to come by. I do fancy the G-Bomb from big buddah as i think this is the old "g bud" from back in the day lol but there is a rumour/myth that i hear that puts me off seeds...wait for it.....

so i heard that if you pop a seed then veg it up and take clones from it then the clones will bud/yield more than the original plant/seed would ? any truth in this cos if not then i'll be ordering them beans tomorrow ! 

gonna get it all set up and running for a few days to make sure room and water temps are ok as i want this as close to lab conditions as poss lol. miss hayley at times like this i do. 

will be doing like a 4 week veg as i want to fill the room with bud lol target is 40+ lol should be fun ! if anyone has done these aquafarms before and feels like helping me along the way (cough cough,grandad) then all input is welcome 

that be me blowing bubbles, 

game on, again

Roy 

• Budgie, Mr Pothead, Up2nogood and 8 others like this

#2 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:03 PM

Sounds like an exciting venture Roy, all the best!

• denots and Roy Cropper like this

#3 RastaMouse

RastaMouse

DABHEAD

• Respected User
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:57 AM

Nice one Roy :bong:
Wanted to give the aqua/water farms ago but getting round to it n funds.

Can't remember the water sizes of which one either 25/35L. At a guess I'd go with a 1000lph pump external bucket drain from both pump in from the top :).
Gotta have the return much bigger. But I'm sure some1 will be along more handy with the is sorta thing than me. My only experience is couple 20L buckets joined up lol

Good luck man will be watching :bong:
  • Roy Cropper likes this

#4 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:56 AM

@ RastaMouse could you explain that again m8 ? not quite sure i follow ? plan was to just raise em off the floor to make res change easier, and yes i was thinking about a pump to get the new water/nutes to the back 2 pots, simply just filling via the top ? sound like a plan ? or am i off ? 4 individual farms it'll be m8, after this first run i'm thinking of linking em together, but, depending on how long it takes for clones, i could be doing this sooner rather then later ! 

• RastaMouse and denots like this

#5 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:57 AM

35L the aqua's are m8 

• denots likes this

#6 RastaMouse

RastaMouse

DABHEAD

• Respected User
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:02 AM

@ RastaMouse could you explain that again m8 ? not quite sure i follow ? plan was to just raise em off the floor to make res change easier, and yes i was thinking about a pump to get the new water/nutes to the back 2 pots, simply just filling via the top ? sound like a plan ? or am i off ? 4 individual farms it'll be m8, after this first run i'm thinking of linking em together, but, depending on how long it takes for clones, i could be doing this sooner rather then later !

Nah mate that idea sounds better really :D

Tbh reading mine back.. yeah that don't make no sense lol scrap it

Crack on matey :bong:

#7 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:12 AM

a dabbing moment yes rasta ! lol 

#8 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:28 PM

Sounds good Roy, best of luck with it. :goodluck:

#9 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:00 PM

Cheers jimmi I'll need it !
  • denots likes this

#10 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:59 PM

Yea they do look awesome those nodded aquafarms, it's something il try if I ever come out of the attic, meanwhile il perv at yours Roy me old bean
  • Roy Cropper likes this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.