Photo
- - - - -

Dutch Passion Autos Polar lights #3 , Autoblueberry, and Autofrisian Dew .

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#11 paul_led_126pro

paul_led_126pro

Starting out

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:37 PM

ill have a look into it deeks, i think i am gonna prob roll with the plant magic old timers range, plant magic soil grow, plant magic soil bloom, mollasas i guess i have this already , and will the cal mag be in conjunction with the lime too ?

paul

• Dekay likes this

#12 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:44 PM

If you dont go for thePM CalMag then the dolomite lime, get a kilo bag for about £7 and it will last a couple of years. You dont need much, couple of oz in 50l bag of soil mixed in well before use and a light sprinkle 3 weeks into flowering if your plants show signs of needing it :)

Plus, you can use it in your garden too :)
  • paul_led_126pro and BADM4N like this

#13 paul_led_126pro

paul_led_126pro

Starting out

• Respected User
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:47 PM

so its either lime or the pm cal mag ?not both ?

paul

• Budgie, Dekay and spoongotlost like this

#14 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:23 AM

6 of one and half a dozen of the other @paul_led_126pro

Peat based composts have a natural tendency to go acidic, ie : for their ph to drop over time. If you amend your soil at the start using lime as an additive it helps to prevent this, while also providing Mg for the plants, meaning fewer problems during the grow and less need to start ph up and downing. But, there are strains and setups (such as LED's or water in certain areas) that seem to need more Ca, so it's always handy to have something like CalMag in stock so that when, or if, the Calcium def rust spotting occurs you can give them an instant fix if needed.

It all depends if you are going down the 'let the soil do the work' or 'get them on a feeding schedule' method of growing. As you seem to be veering towards the 'feed them' method, then the Plant Magic range (developed for UK water/growers) sounds like the way to go :)

• Dekay, revert and spoongotlost like this

#15 paul_led_126pro

paul_led_126pro

Starting out

• Respected User
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:42 AM

I did thinking about getting some better soil but as I am doing autos potting en up doesn't seem like the best bet for them
As its recommended you start em in Thier final pots .

So starting em off in light soil and feeding em seemed like the best answer but what do I know lol

Paul
  • Budgie, The Dude Abides and spoongotlost like this

#16 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:16 AM

Great stuff Paul, looking forward to your grow, some good advice there from GB, subbed amigo.

All good things

TDA

• Budgie likes this

#17 paul_led_126pro

paul_led_126pro

Starting out

• Respected User
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:12 PM

Welcome on board dude .

So my beans have been in paper towel for 24 hours all have cracked 2 have tiny taps poking out other has just opened . What's best to do in terms of how long tap route should be before they go into 1l airpots ?

Paul
  • Budgie and The Dude Abides like this

#18 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:51 PM

Best to get them in the soil (or a jiffy) as soon as the roots are out @paul_led_126pro

The longer you leave them exposed to the air the more chance of them being damaged, dried or contaminated in my book :weed:

• paul_led_126pro and spoongotlost like this

#19 paul_led_126pro

paul_led_126pro

Starting out

• Respected User
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:52 PM

cheers gb , ill get em in their airpots very shortly , then streight in the tent ?

paul

• Budgie likes this

#20 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:08 PM

Tents fine but you won't need the full lighting monty paul and just keep your eye on them, maybe stick them in a propagator until they are up then with the vents open until they've got some true multi-fingered leafs out.

• The Dude Abides and spoongotlost like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.