Photo
- - - - -

Dutch Passion Autos Polar lights #3 , Autoblueberry, and Autofrisian Dew .

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#81 paul_led_126pro

paul_led_126pro

Starting out

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:11 AM

Hi guys . With regards the temps in loft problem . Been looking at tube heaters and oil rads . Been offered free to good home a 2kw rad . If I set it at very very low it will obviously use very little power .
My question is this . My loft is in insulated at roof level . So rather chilly . My tent is small and filling up rapidly . Could I just stand the rad next to the passive intake so the air that's pulled into the tent via the passive is warm ?

Paul
  • Budgie and revert like this

#82 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:39 AM

Yes @paul_led_126pro, you could put the rad outside the tent in front of the vents to draw in warmer air. But, you'd effectively be heating up the whole loft space so it's not the most efficient way of keeping the plants warm, but if it works and doesn't cost a fortune in leccy then it works. :)

• revert and paul_led_126pro like this

#83 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:41 AM

@paul_led_126pro The grow is looking mean m8, a well tidy grow. 

Sorry about the bad news fella

• paul_led_126pro likes this

#84 paul_led_126pro

paul_led_126pro

Starting out

• Respected User
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:29 PM

What's the plants being cold gonna do though ? At the end of the day outside crops get cold and wet until back end of October novber ?
  • Budgie likes this

#85 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:55 PM

It'll stop the plants growing if it gets too cold, or they will stretch like mad due to big differences in on/off temps :(

In the great outdoors come October they are not growing anymore, just maturing and dying off.

Are you sure that the rad isn't going to fit inside?, shoved up flat on one side where the intake vents are?

• 2scoops and Firstimer like this

#86 paul_led_126pro

paul_led_126pro

Starting out

• Respected User
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:11 PM

I'll have a look tomorrow when I get the rad mate . Could do without a massive leccy Bill though wife will go mental and never agree to get her sexy body out for the circle wag thread lol and non of us want that do we lol
  • Budgie, The Dude Abides, revert and 1 other like this

#87 paul_led_126pro

paul_led_126pro

Starting out

• Respected User
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:15 PM

Also I don't think on off temps will be massively different due to only being leds . It's not like burning hps and warning them up massively and then lights out being Baltic is it ?
I am also thinking how best to change the time on em . At min lights out is 6pm till 10pm obviously with the cold approaching lights out would be much better 12pm-4pm while the Suns up and there is some heat on the roof of the house ? Should I just grab bull by the horns and give em no dark period today and leave lights on until tomorrow lunch ?

Paul
  • Budgie likes this

#88 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:24 PM

That would be the best times for lights out :) and a long lights out won't hurt them at all.

• revert and paul_led_126pro like this

#89 paul_led_126pro

paul_led_126pro

Starting out

• Respected User
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:26 PM

Ooooo get me sounds like I might be learning a bit about this growing malarki eh !?'b pmsl

Cheers gb thas a good en lol

Paul
  • Budgie, revert and spoongotlost like this

#90 spoongotlost

spoongotlost

Disco Light Grow Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:52 PM

Hey Paul things are looking good man sorry to hear of your bad news and sorry i'm a bit late on the uptake aswell mate.

Little tube heaters are quite a nice handy option as they take up little space and don't really burn things i used to pick mine up while they were on and you could shoe horn them in to the tent lol maybe even strapped vertically to the tent poles??? - i'll be putting some in the veg tent soon when i remember where i stashed them :smoked:

but on the other hand if the oil rad is free then job done :)

Happy growing

• Budgie, The Dude Abides, paul_led_126pro and 1 other like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.