1 reply to this topic

#1 marque08

marque08

pretty mashed

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:48 PM

after being lucky enough to win the germination shoot out; it was suggested to me that I should post up a thread with my method. everyone does things differently but this works well for me.

firstly soak the seeds over night in water phed to 5.8, with a few drops of rhizo; just until they have sunk.(I personally don't worry about waiting for them to crack)

in the meantime soak Rockwool plugs in water phed to 5.5 (I normally leave over night but half an hour is enough) and prepare a feed solution of quarter strength formulex ( 2.5ml per ltr ) and full strength rizo (4ml per ltr) phed to 5.8.

the next day simply flush the Rockwool with the nutrient solution and then shake/flick the Rockwool to remove most of the liquid ( a lot of people say to squeeze them. in my experience that messes up the structure of the Rockwool and stops it taking up/ holding liquid properly )

all that remains is to sow your seed, about 5ml deep and tease the Rockwool over the hole.

I then personally put them directly under my t5(which keeps them around 25c )on for 24/0 and check them 3/4 times a day to make sure they are moist (but not to wet) and normally in a couple of days I see life.

its worth noting that as soon as germination is achieved its a very good idea to get the plugs into Rockwool cubes, as the plugs start to dry out very quickly when your plant has rooted.

• Up2nogood, hazed bunny, Cybes and 3 others like this

#2 Krazy Bud

Krazy Bud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 09:58 PM

What humidity and temp is best for the propagator? Just soaking my seeds and setting the prop now got it at 25c and 82%

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.