Slippery

Ganga Ninja

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:06 PM

Anybody into kites?

Best sport in the world for stoners!

Been flying about 14 years now, am totally addicted, happy to drive 200 miles for three hours on a beach with my Deepspace and have had some awesome sessions this year, some of the steadiest winds in ten years this summer.

I used to ride a landboard with some massive kites but the old hips canna take it anymore, still, trick flying is waaayyy better!

http://www.bensonkit...dia/videos.html

• The Dude Abides, FoxyLady, smokin soul and 5 others like this

#2 Auto_man

Auto_man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:33 AM

Hiya slippery,

Got into it a few years back and loved it.

Haven't had them out for a while though due to lack of a good location and as you say the wind.

Having to go 60 miles to a good beach really pissed me off........... 200 miles is dedication man.

I really must get back out again but this place really sucks, even on a nice summers day it blows a gale.

You like the Benson do ya? Great looking kites they make, I got a couple of Level Ones but would really like an R-Sky.

Trick flying is awesome, though I'm not much of a trickster myself, watched loads of tuts and picked some up, I like the redneck Randy G vids....

and this guy..... The amazing Ray Bethell - 

http://vimeo.com/4121199

• FoxyLady and Slippery like this

#3 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 11:03 AM

I used to live flying my kite on beach as a youth, come on lots since those days kites have though.

• KiefKat and Slippery like this

#4 Slippery

Slippery

Ganga Ninja

• Respected User
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:02 PM

Hey Auto,

Yeah, love the Bensons, first real kite after a few trainers was a Gemini that I totally flew to bits in 18 months, I got a deepspace after that  and loads of other kites but they all stayed in the bag except the two Bensons. I looked at the R-sky once, there were some nice vids but I decided that kites, like women should have curved leading edges!

Tim Benson "launched" another kite recently, the Super fly but scared to buy it in case it just sits in the bag with the rest!

You have to dig your kites out this weekend, they forecast some steady 6-9 MPH in my location oveer the next few days!

@ jimmi, I remember as a kid getting a stunt kite with long plastic tail, only thing I remember about that holiday!

The Benson Deepspace kites are handmade to your own colour spec, cost about £260 each (no lines or handles!) and they are amazing to fly, kind of half control/half reaction experience, sort of jamming, but with the wind!

*edit* when I say 200 miles, thats total, not one way (and I sneak in some snorkeling and kayaking at the same time!)

Awesome video, never seen that kind of flying, certainly not with three kites at the same time!

Check the sunburned skin on his shoulder, he's been out on that beach for years with those kites!

Edited by Slippery, 11 September 2014 - 11:16 PM.

#5 Slippery

Slippery

Ganga Ninja

• Respected User
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 07:35 PM

Cool flying and tunes!

• KiefKat likes this

#6 brer

brer

Dodging the tar baby

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 07:45 PM

Yes always carry a kite in the boot just in case, that and a brolly:)

Mine is cheap ALDI stunt kite. I have to get one of them, they look fun.

Thanks Slippery, wait just saw £260 mine was 5 euro lol

• KiefKat and Slippery like this

#7 Slippery

Slippery

Ganga Ninja

• Respected User
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 06:26 PM

Cheers @brer, Yes, £260 is a lot of money but it's got to work out at a few pence per hour by now!

I hate the winter, it's not so much the cold that stops me flying as the short days and it being too slippery underfoot (unexpected splits is no fun!)

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.