Photo
- - - - -

duke1 natural fungicide experiment(still bored)

clove oil organic natural fungicide mouldkiller experiment bored

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 03:43 PM

hi all well im still bored shitless here on my own so after reading a post the other day by missy re using cloves as a natural fungicide i did a bit of research and it seems its a widely used remedy for moulds/rots esp in the organic garden market so,

i bought ground cloves as the clove oil from the chemists has other additives i would rather not consume!

so organic fungicide experiment no1.

begins by boiling the kettle and making a nice cup of pg tips for me and a brew of 3 tsp ground cloves  Attached File  clove fungicide ex1 001.jpg   86.39KB   9 downloads in a jug of very hot but not boiling water,a jolly good stir and leave whilst i consume me pg tips and a quick spliff.Attached File  clove fungicide ex1 002.jpg   56.31KB   8 downloads Attached File  clove fungicide ex1 003.jpg   107.19KB   8 downloads

right after a 10 minute soak another good stir i ran the liquid through a coffee filter a couple of times Attached File  clove fungicide ex1 004.jpg   83.45KB   7 downloads  it smells something awfull and if the steam from it hits your eyes its like mace!anyway the filtered liquid is now put into a glass jar to cool,once cooled it looks like this Attached File  clove fungicide ex1 005.jpg   64.62KB   7 downloads

heres few pics

this is the finished product all ready for testing Attached File  clove fungicide ex1 006.jpg   74.14KB   10 downloads

well now we need a victim,i mean test subject!well some of you who read my diary will remember i was having trouble with moulds developing on some of tinas plants this is a pic of one such mouldy individual Attached File  clove fungicide ex1 006.jpg   74.14KB   10 downloads ,now my first instinct is to burn it!but for the sake of science and potgrowers everywere im guinea pigging it as the first test of this clove fungicide i shall use 2-3 tsp of the stuff in a 1ltr spray bottle and soak the mouldiest thing i can find and will report progress daily,lets see if we can make an organic cure for moulds on cannabis plants,would that be a breakthrough or what?

strangely i cannot find any tests with cannabis but a few with tomatoes sound promising.

right of to find me sprayer and a mask,will report later,peace

Attached Files

• Budgie, mellowed, Dekay and 7 others like this

#2 Nun

Nun

Mad High At Times

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:26 PM

@duke

it might work but the stuff will stink of cloves 

• Budgie and duke like this

#3 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:39 PM

@duke

quite possibly but it is all for making oil most of which is for oral or topical meds so tbh i dont think it would matter much or much carry through to the finished oil,as usual i will selflessly be the guinea pig for the first test of it!my thoughts are that anythings better than losing the entire haul to mould,esp after my making such longwinded work of it by over eagerness and syarting my seeds far to early outdoors so i reckon its worth trying on atleast 1 cannabis just to see what occurs?anyway it might make dope you can smoke anywere what smells like cloves!peace

• Budgie, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 3 others like this

#4 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:48 PM

Nice one Duke :)

@duke

quite possibly but it is all for making oil most of which is for oral or topical meds so tbh i dont think it would matter much or much carry through to the finished oil,as usual i will selflessly be the guinea pig for the first test of it!my thoughts are that anythings better than losing the entire haul to mould,esp after my making such longwinded work of it by over eagerness and syarting my seeds far to early outdoors so i reckon its worth trying on atleast 1 cannabis just to see what occurs?anyway it might make dope you can smoke anywere what smells like cloves!peace

This was my thinking, too.

Nothing else really seems to work, though, so I was kind of on a "what's to lose?" trip when I originally brought it up.

Duke, you might find pure oil of cloves at a health food shop, or similar.
  • Budgie, The Dude Abides, duke and 1 other like this

#5 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:03 PM

Nice one Duke, I must have lost kilos to bud rot over the years so anything that helps is good news.

I reckon if the plant is outdoors the rain should wash away any clove remains but I must admit I'd be reluctant to spray the buds with anything.

All good things

TDA

• Budgie, duke and Shy Ted like this

#6 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:14 PM

well i been out and sprayed the 2 worst affected plants of tinas and will report what they look like tommorow  they have white looking mould of some description which through my loupe is mycelia looking with what look a bit like mini trichomes which i guess maybe the spores for reproduction?im no mould expert but can usually recognise certain ones and aware they are a threat but are there not friendly moulds like b  eneficial bacteria?god what an inquiring mind i have when im stoned!

my thought on using this on my ganja is maybe just 1 clone i will put near the mouldy strawberries after spraying it with the mix and see what occurs?

• Budgie, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 1 other like this

#7 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:14 PM

Interesting experiment, I remember some scientists on an island program a fwe years ago had to come up with different things from natural surroundings and they used garlic to make an antiseptic and fly repellent, its amazing stuff garlic, I Hate it but still take garlic tablets.

• 2scoops and duke like this

#8 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:52 PM

Do you know if the affected plant has botrytis Duke?

That's the one we wanna kill, mildew can be a pain in the arse but bud rot is devastating.

The 'best' pharma companies have not found a 'cure' as yet.

Hope you do.

All good things

TDA

• 2scoops and duke like this

#9 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:35 PM

Do you know if the affected plant has botrytis Duke?

That's the one we wanna kill, mildew can be a pain in the arse but bud rot is devastating.

The 'best' pharma companies have not found a 'cure' as yet.

Hope you do.

All good things

TDA

i got 2 with some kind of white mould(tinas flowers)on primulas and grey mould botrytis on some strawberrys i have sprayed all and will see what they look like,also tried it on a water rooted cannabis cutting that rooted but has pythium so potted it in coco and sprayed and left it in a shady spot to dry and will see what it does,i love experimenting!i keep telling myself one day i will discover something great!i will update tommorow,peace

• Dekay and The Dude Abides like this

#10 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:48 PM

Interesting experiment, I remember some scientists on an island program a fwe years ago had to come up with different things from natural surroundings and they used garlic to make an antiseptic and fly repellent, its amazing stuff garlic, I Hate it but still take garlic tablets.

i use garlic for the dogs just a dab of paste with dinner it keeps them free from worms and ticks and deters gnats from biting them as poor mrfugly is allergic to there bites and it makes him a very sad mutt!i dont mind a little in certain foods but not to much we have masses of wild garlic all around here so its free to,peace

• Dekay likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: clove oil, organic, natural, fungicide, mouldkiller, experiment, bored

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.