Photo
- - - - -

duke1 natural fungicide experiment(still bored)

clove oil organic natural fungicide mouldkiller experiment bored

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#11 Shy Ted

Shy Ted

Fuck you, thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:53 PM

you never know duke, you may produce some bud that's excellent for tooth ache, ;)

• The Dude Abides, duke and Nun like this

#12 mellowed

mellowed

The Untroubled One

• Sleeping Mods
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:48 PM

Good man. Gotta love a good experiment :)
Hope this works as it would be a great remedy without spending a fortune :)
  • The Dude Abides, duke and Shy Ted like this

#13 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:38 PM

Good man. Gotta love a good experiment :)
Hope this works as it would be a great remedy without spending a fortune :)

hi mellowed well it looks like i will be finding out as i just found the same fecking mould on the back of sunshine daydream the bit i cant get to without squeezing limbo stylee to see without cranking my head through the back vent hole so i have sprayed the sd all over every nook cranny bottom and top of all the leaves theres only tiny buds atm so hoping it works and if it doesnt im fecked so heres hoping,on the bright side the petunias that started it all look 50% less white than they did also the clone i sprayed is still alive and no obvious signs of pythium now which is a good sign,i guess?if i cant work out how i have some macro pics of the offending mould i will try ,watch this space!well for some reason it only posts as a download?anyone?is this a security risk?as i cannot delete them?

• mellowed, The Dude Abides and 2scoops like this

#14 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 06:05 PM

I deleted your pics Duke.

Bad news about the mould on the SD but better news that the clove thingy may actually work.

Best of luck with everything amigo.

All good things

TDA

• duke likes this

#15 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:36 PM

I deleted your pics Duke.

Bad news about the mould on the SD but better news that the clove thingy may actually work.

Best of luck with everything amigo.

All good things

TDA

hi dude well i have established the mould is what i thought but couldnt remember powdery mildew and so armed with this knowledge i went hunting for answers well i found this what do you reckon worth a go?

• The Dude Abides and 2scoops like this

#16 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:08 PM

for some reason it only posts as a download?anyone?is this a security risk?as i cannot delete them?

It's no risk :)

It's because they are windows Bitmaps (.bmp files), and most browsers don't display those.

You should choose PNG or JPG on the camera, or convert the files to one of those formats before uploading :)
  • Budgie, The Dude Abides and duke like this

#17 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 10:16 AM

Hi Duke, I have heard of using baking soda to control PM before, it should be worth a try.

I've also heard that milk has a similar effect, I think both raise the PH which the PM doesn't like.

Hope it works for you.

All good things

TDA

• Budgie, Dekay, 2scoops and 1 other like this

#18 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:06 PM

Hi Duke, I have heard of using baking soda to control PM before, it should be worth a try.

I've also heard that milk has a similar effect, I think both raise the PH which the PM doesn't like.

Hope it works for you.

All good things

TDA

hi dude my only worry with it is if it alters ph on the leaves does that effect the ph in the plant?baking soda is an alkaline so will raising the ph of my feed to say 5.6 counteract the effect of the baking soda?also do you think i should spray the so far uneffected plants in close proximity to sd?

the clove stuff seems to have had a good effect on the petunias so far and my clone is still alive do you think i should mix the clove stuff with the baking soda?i would be so sad to lose sd now after nearly a year of keeping her going,and to get so close and then lose it all would be the last straw i think!though even if this works i will be on tenderhooks till i can chop them!thanks for any advise one and all!peace

• Budgie, The Dude Abides and 2scoops like this

#19 mellowed

mellowed

The Untroubled One

• Sleeping Mods
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:20 PM

It won't effect the soils ph unless it gets in the soil mate. When foliar feeding you don't need a set ph as ph is only relevant from what I can remember in the soil.

I would cover the pots so any run off can't get it but treat all plants in the room though.

Hope that helps )
  • Dekay, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 1 other like this

#20 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:22 PM

ph in the soil/water is to enable the roots to take things up duke1, so I doubt it would affect things too much as a foliar as it's a different mechanism to take in the goodies?

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 1 other like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: clove oil, organic, natural, fungicide, mouldkiller, experiment, bored

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.