Photo
- - - - -

duke1 natural fungicide experiment(still bored)

clove oil organic natural fungicide mouldkiller experiment bored

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 weedtroll

weedtroll

NaNaNa NaNaNaNa NaNaNa NaNaNaNa

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:22 PM

I've heard of using very dilute milk for combating powdery mildew.

Here's a link mate. http://gardening.abo...w-On-Plants.htm

WT

• Budgie, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 1 other like this

#22 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:28 PM

hi dude my only worry with it is if it alters ph on the leaves does that effect the ph in the plant?baking soda is an alkaline so will raising the ph of my feed to say 5.6 counteract the effect of the baking soda?also do you think i should spray the so far uneffected plants in close proximity to sd?

the clove stuff seems to have had a good effect on the petunias so far and my clone is still alive do you think i should mix the clove stuff with the baking soda?i would be so sad to lose sd now after nearly a year of keeping her going,and to get so close and then lose it all would be the last straw i think!though even if this works i will be on tenderhooks till i can chop them!thanks for any advise one and all!peace

Hi Duke, I don't think it will raise the PH in the plant, at least not by much.

It may be worth checking out fungicides from the garden centre for control of PM on food plants, I'm fairly certain there is stuff on the market that will be suitable. I know there are no products that work on bud rot but PM can be controlled I think.

Maybe try the clove stuff as a preventative on the plants in close proximity to the SD.

All good things

TDA

• Budgie, weedtroll and duke like this

#23 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:33 PM

I've been reading this all week mate, and it's quite a co-incidence with me looking into the different uses for compost teas.

It always galled me a bit as to why compost teas (not compost tea fertilizers) and bennies are considered by some as 'innoculants'. I understand all the competetive good fungis and bacterias -vs- the nasty ones and spotted a few references to using them as a foliar spray, not to feed plants, but as a 'bio-film' protection against other stuff...like PM and was thinking that it might work against Botrytis (bud rot/grey mold) and Mildew, black spot et al

It's not reccomended to spray budding plants, because of the increased chances of bud-rot. But, would a compost tea misting have a positive effect? As the good fungi would prevent the bad stuff growing? 

I doubt it would kill off an infestation of rot, but, if that is chopped out, and then sprayed with compost tea would that act as the barrier against any more taking over?

So, I have given my plants a good spray all over of compost tea to see what occurs. I'm hoping that doing it now, the good fungis will also carry on to the newer, flowering growth and keep guard against rot? But I am going to mist right up to end of stretch to be more confident.

• mellowed, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 2 others like this

#24 weedtroll

weedtroll

NaNaNa NaNaNaNa NaNaNa NaNaNaNa

• Respected User
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:47 PM

Cinnamon is a very good anti fungal as well.

I wonder if you could powder instead of spray maybe? 

A bit like one of them smoke fogger things does for pests.

Just some random thoughts.

WT

• The Dude Abides and duke like this

#25 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:51 PM

ok thanks all for advice i will spray the sd again and i think i will combo the clove oil and the baking soda and see what happens,also sprayed petunias who started all this again today now about 60% of the mildew is dead and no further spread though tbh its hard to tell what tole its taken on foliage as they real messed up from the start what im watching and hoping for is the new growth being unaffected that would be a good start but asking a lot from such a sick plant i think,we shall see and i will post results,thanks you lot are great!i think id have gone of my trolley this last 2 weeks without you,peace

• Budgie, mellowed, The Dude Abides and 1 other like this

#26 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:54 PM

Cinnamon is a very good anti fungal as well.

I wonder if you could powder instead of spray maybe? 

A bit like one of them smoke fogger things does for pests.

Just some random thoughts.

WT

funny enough troll i had the same thought last night but it was looking at talcum powder bottle that made me think of it,but all i have read says it has to get on both sides of the leaves and not sure if it going to clump or stick or just make more mess!maybe another experiment coming on i feel it in my bones!cheers

• The Dude Abides and weedtroll like this

#27 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 01:43 PM

right well i mixed the clove extract and baking soda together and have sprayed the girls in the greenhouse and all surrounding vegetation the petunias look much better today even a few new flowers and no further spread so sprayed them again this time with the combo mix and see what happens.

if i keep this up i would be like throwing a cake at it!the milk idea is in reserve along with the napalm!

i just hope and pray that this works as we so need some oil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!if anyone has any other ideas to chuck in please feel free i think to get anything from this now we may need lots! i must say though guys i take my hat of to those who do grow all the time outdoors i had no idea how much luck is involved,and mines never been great!

i guess it was asking a lot for an indoor plant strain that has allready been harvested once and then revegged but im commited now as short of chopping it to pieces theres no way shes coming out of the greenhouse!(as it was she needed tying to get her through the greenhouse door)now its 3x that size!anyway of for a spliff and a think,all advice welcome thanks,peace

• Budgie, mellowed, Dekay and 2 others like this

#28 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 01:50 PM

hi all its me again!i found this and wonder has anyone used this or similar and is it worth it?if you scroll down it has a description and says its organic and food safe,what do you reckon? http://www.safergro....ildew_Cure.html

• The Dude Abides likes this

#29 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 01:51 PM

Interesting stuff duke but all beyond me sorry pal good luck with the SUNNYD can u bring it inside by any chance and drop the humidity right down till harvest?
  • duke likes this

#30 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 01:54 PM

the clove stuff seems to have had a good effect on the petunias so far and my clone is still alive do you think i should mix the clove stuff with the baking soda?

I think you should stick to using one thing at a time on each plant, to see if it's effective.

If you start mixing them up, you won't know which (if any) worked. [ETA: Or, if things don't turn out so well, causes problems.]
  • Dekay, The Dude Abides, weedtroll and 2 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: clove oil, organic, natural, fungicide, mouldkiller, experiment, bored

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.