• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#31 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:09 PM

I agree with jimmi cookies are the least worst way to eat them, we had some cake for my 40 and man it took everyone a good hour to eat their bit because there felt like was so much, people should get on this way of canna, its so much better than a smoke or a bong :)

• 2scoops and WanderinBloke like this

#32 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:14 PM

Actually, this thread reminds me of a pertinent question (thankee dekay): how long does this shit keep in the freezer??

The general recommendation is that butter can be stored in a freezer for six to nine months. (Six months for unsalted, nine months for salted.)
  • Dekay, brer and WanderinBloke like this

#33 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:20 PM

I agree with jimmi cookies are the least worst way to eat them, we had some cake for my 40 and man it took everyone a good hour to eat their bit because there felt like was so much, people should get on this way of canna, its so much better than a smoke or a bong :)

It`s strongest way iv`e taken canna and nowt comes close m8 especially the stuff made with trim and not dosed, ok iv`e not exactly eaten oil but iv`e leathered oil in a vape and it don`t come close, it`s a way different buzz int it ? although still a ganji buzz if you get me.

• Dekay likes this

#34 WanderinBloke

WanderinBloke

They see me wibblin'

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:22 PM

The general recommendation is that butter can be stored in a freezer for six to nine months. (Six months for unsalted, nine months for salted.)

Yup I'd seen that, but as per my usual skepticism about useby/sellby/etc. dates I wondered what reality suggested was actually cool (pardon thepun).

Please tell me you have a graph for it? :D

• Dekay likes this

#35 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:22 PM

When i mentioned the strongest butter i used was near on 18 months old and it proper put me down getting better with age, would you think that has summink to do with trichs degrading maybe ?

• Dekay likes this

#36 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:23 PM

It`s strongest way iv`e taken canna and nowt comes close m8 especially the stuff made with trim and not dosed, ok iv`e not exactly eaten oil but iv`e leathered oil in a vape and it don`t come close, it`s a way different buzz int it ? although still a ganji buzz if you get me.

Yeah theres horses for course deffo, oil is lovely but its almost too perfect and straight away, cannabutter is a long process of getting worse and worse and worse till you have to give in ;)

• Budgie and 2scoops like this

#37 WanderinBloke

WanderinBloke

They see me wibblin'

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:23 PM

It's a lil' bit trippy for me. Happy, body buzz and very.. spacey, for want of a better word. As long as it's a good cake/biccy, mind. Hate when it's a dud!

• Budgie, Dekay and 2scoops like this

#38 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:29 PM

If i go in local after a cookie, old dear behind bar can tell straight away, "your bloody eyes are shut again, " tha`s been on that wakki bakki ant tha "  i need sunglasses if i try to journey out somewhere.

• Dekay and WanderinBloke like this

#39 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:31 PM

Yup I'd seen that, but as per my usual skepticism about useby/sellby/etc. dates I wondered what reality suggested was actually cool (pardon thepun).

I don't think the fact it has cannabis in it makes any difference, and the butterfats are likely to degrade even if the cannabinoids don't.

So, I suppose the answer is, "as long as you would normally keep butter in the freezer." ;)

Please tell me you have a graph for it? :D

I haven't got enough data yet ;)

When i mentioned the strongest butter i used was near on 18 months old and it proper put me down getting better with age, would you think that has summink to do with trichs degrading maybe ?

I wuld have thought the trichomes would degrade in the initial boiling-water step (and subsequently in the butter), and that all you're really left with is the oils.

It may be something to do with very slow decarboxylation, or dessication somehow (stuff in freezers gets drier over time).

ETA: Or... Maybe the butter had gone bad, and that was causing it ;)
  • Dekay, 2scoops and WanderinBloke like this

#40 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:40 PM

* wonders whether one could make a 'clean' cannabutter by making oil first and then just mixing that with warm butter... *
  • Budgie, Dekay and Cybes like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.