220 replies to this topic

#1 dal

dal

The Novice

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:10 PM

Time to start again wahoo still trimming my last grow but hey ho.... The groom has been stripped bleached, washed & painted brilliant white, tweaked about with the extractor and decided on having it at the far end as this gives me alot more height to raise the parabolic. Cut more holes in the wall for wires of equipment, a final wipe down & seal up and ready to go. Had the lights running for 24 hrs for the dry run alls good to go :chuchu:

x3 Dinafem Fruit automatic (courtesy of the :tgc: ) - from the BOTM comp, thanks to voters and Dekay.

x1 White Russian automatic that I found amongst my collection of beans.

KIT

Cellar/Groom 1.3m x 2m x 2m height

8" extractor n filter

passive intake

VEG - F1 reflector MH dual 250w bulb, lumatek dimmable ballast 125w - 250w super lumens 

FLOWER -  1m parabolic HPS lumatek dual spec 600w bulb, lumatek dimmable ballast 400w - 600w super lumens, depending on how they do have 400w dual spec to add.

humidifier when needed

X2 fans

X4 - 0.5ltr pots - for seedlings

X4 - 10ltr pots

John Innes #2

Perlite

Bio-bizz nutes veg n bloom

Plantmagic root stim, bio silicon & magncal

extras canna pk13/14 superthrive PM bloom

Ripped out all the silver reflector tent material I had previously installed in half the groom & decided to have the groom all pure brilliant white as the half where I grew my WW cuts they did better than the mother in the reflector material side.

In soil with 15% perlite mix as usual. Starting off with half filled half ltr pots and once they have a little stretch will fill the pots up. Will feed with root stim water ph'd at 6.7. Lights for the beginning will be set at 125w and will raise the wattage as they go to 250sl. Once I get the roots showing thro the pots will put them in the 10ltr pots. after 3-4 weeks will swap the F1 reflector for the parabolic & hps.

Attached File  seeds.JPG   77.97KB   14 downloadsAttached File  nutes.JPG   133.23KB   14 downloadsAttached File  kit (5).JPG   164.06KB   14 downloadsAttached File  kit (6).JPG   140.67KB   14 downloadsAttached File  kit (4).JPG   245.58KB   14 downloadsAttached File  kit (2).JPG   126.24KB   14 downloads

Attached File  kit (3).JPG   120.5KB   15 downloadsAttached File  kit (1).JPG   98.36KB   15 downloads

All thats needed now is for me to sow the seed as Neil once said, which I'll do over the next couple of days, hopefully by early next week I'll have some new girls :guitar:

All the best dal :joint:

Edited by dal, 30 September 2014 - 09:11 PM.

• Budgie, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 8 others like this

#2 UNITED

UNITED

Autoflowerist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:18 PM

Lookin a good setup mate. Was going to start mine in little 10" pots but sure people just say autos straight into finished pots.

Good luck with these and I'll be sneaking around along the way mate

Peace [emoji108]
  • duke, dal, spoongotlost and 1 other like this

#3 dal

dal

The Novice

• Respected User
  • 2,148 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:26 PM

@ UNITED Nice one for popping in United should be good did an auto grow before and they ended up better than I could have imagined they got too big lol same set up as I did before so hopefully all will be good as no room for error lol.  

• duke and spoongotlost like this

#4 UNITED

UNITED

Autoflowerist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:08 PM

@ UNITED Nice one for popping in United should be good did an auto grow before and they ended up better than I could have imagined they got too big lol same set up as I did before so hopefully all will be good as no room for error lol.

Good man yea I can remember you had loads of cuttings aswell did you they done so?

Busy bee haha.

Well I'll maybe try the 1l pots myself then go into the 10ls for a change.

Good luck again!
  • duke and dal like this

#5 dal

dal

The Novice

• Respected User
  • 2,148 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:46 PM

@ UNITED just finished my multistrain grow at last, this went on longer than I wanted because I started them too early, as use the 18/6 the autos are on to veg my 12/12's & the autos just went on and on got well caught out, had to use 20ltlr pots for 4 of the bigger plants as they were so root bound and 10-14ltr pots for the rest, just about managed to house everything! Hoping to do the same again once these girls reach 3 - 4wks of flower want to have a few seedlings or at least 5 younguns to join them. Just can't stop :shocked:  got a nice mix of different strains to smoke & make concentrates out of now so happy days, at last I've learnt the art of not running low let alone running out :ninja: :fly:

• The Dude Abides, duke and UNITED like this

#6 dal

dal

The Novice

• Respected User
  • 2,148 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 01:59 AM

Forgot to say that the lights will be on 24/0. The soil will be pre-watered with the root stim before the tap roots go in (I use the paper towel method). The good thing I've always liked about using JI#2/perlite mix is I've always had a good ph on the 1st run offs before I put the taps in, it's always been between 6.3-6.6. I've found with PM soil my ph drops too low, once as low as 5.6 & was a real struggle to get sorted. Don't want that happening again, so back to good old JI#2 wont use PM soil again as with my photos on the multi strain grow on all the final pots I used JI#2 perlite mix with no ph problems at all yet all the early re-pots were with the pm soil & all came with the too low ph drop.

Once the seedlings get a good couple of strong roots they'll go straight into the larger pots so better get the soil treated with water/rootstim & 10ltr pots at the ready for re-pot as soon as. Once in the big pots will start to add bio-silicon & magncal every other watering at minimal doses.

Well I think that's it, remember I'm still a novice finding my way & been a long term stoner since that shite decade 1980, I tend to usually make it all up as I go along so it's nice to have an idea of a plan in the beginning hmmm I wonder if it'll keep.....

It's that time again to grow :sun:  also to go to bed & pretend to sleep....zzzzzzzzz :joint:

• Budgie, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 5 others like this

#7 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:47 PM

Here for the ride dal, quite interested in the WR auto, I want to grow WR and auto will do to give me the taste of it, good luck any way dude ;)

• dal likes this

#8 dal

dal

The Novice

• Respected User
  • 2,148 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:50 PM

Thanks guys, I put the beans in the kitchen towel today hope they pop their tap roots by tomorrow evening :skip:

#9 dal

dal

The Novice

• Respected User
  • 2,148 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:40 PM

Alright there's some life had two of the Fruit show tap roots only one made it, fook knows what happened to the 2nd. The 3rd & the White Russian havent shown their taps so have put them in moist soil if no show they'll be out. Ordered some back up and have these coming to join in the fun;

Advanced Seeds - Bio Diesel Mass Automatic - just because of the write up lol

Greenhouse Seeds - Sweet Mango Automatic - Dem mango diaries have just got me so far so had to have this

Serious Seeds - Auto White Russian - gotta have this one!

Here's the Fruit auto as tap root

Attached File  tap (1).JPG   143.98KB   7 downloadsAttached File  tap (2).JPG   152.24KB   7 downloads

Day 1 missed her pop the soil this is 12hrs after planting

Attached File  day 1 (2).JPG   141.73KB   7 downloads

Day 2

Attached File  day 2 (1).JPG   176.23KB   7 downloadsAttached File  day 2 (2).JPG   161.82KB   6 downloads

Day 3

Attached File  day 3 (2).JPG   233.27KB   5 downloadsAttached File  day 3 (3).JPG   131.56KB   5 downloadsAttached File  day 3 (4).JPG   93.18KB   4 downloads

Just been treating the soil for her big pot took 13 ltrs of soil will have her in there tomorrow

Attached File  day 3 (5).JPG   157.64KB   3 downloads

So far so good the two that haven't shown are in under the light beside the lonely Fruit.

Attached File  day 3 (1).JPG   166.81KB   3 downloads

Hoping my new beans arrive today still got afternoon post yet so if not today will defo be tomorrow, feeling like Peter Griffin before his birthday lol

All the best dal :joint:

• Budgie, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 7 others like this

#10 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 03:08 PM

Jolly good another Dal grow, looking forward to seeing how you do with the autos amigo.

Subbed of course.

All good things

TDA

• duke and dal like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.