23 replies to this topic

#1 Krazy Bud

Krazy Bud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:00 PM

Hi everyone I am new to indoor growing (never done one). I have brought all my equipment that I will need and am waiting to set it up. My initial plan was to build a false wall in my garage and do it in there. I have since decided that it would be a security risk with people hearing the equipment or possibly the helicopter in the cooler months seeing a heat source, plus next door seeing me disappear into the garage with water etc. I had decided that it would now be better suited in my spare bedroom which the door hasn't been opened for 2 years. I have 2 very young children and my wife is worried about me getting caught with it in the house and what effect it would have on our kids with the social. My idea was to duct through the attic to outside with a temp controlled fan, with a good lock on the door and a auto fire extinguisher in place with draft excluders and sealing the whole door frame up. Also I have never exposed my children to my habit and would like to keep it that way. Does anyone have any views on this as some outside opinions would be appreciated. With thanks in advance
  • Dekay, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 2 others like this

#2 Krazy Bud

Krazy Bud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:07 PM

Forgot to add I will be doing it in a 120X120X200 tent with 600w hps and a 4 pot wilma system if that makes any difference, I am in a private rented property and the landlord hasn't had a check since I moved in 2 years ago except for the occasional check on workmanship from painters etc.
  • duke likes this

#3 DrScrogger

DrScrogger

Totally Nucking Futs!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:08 PM

As long as you don't smell, sell or tell, the police shouldn't bother you. Just make sure they have absolutely NO other reason to visit you EVER just incase they twig while they're there.

Good luck dude and welcome to the mad house :D
  • duke likes this

#4 DrScrogger

DrScrogger

Totally Nucking Futs!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:10 PM

Plus of you use a 400W you'll be able to control temps better. Make sure you suspend fans with bungee cords or rubber bands to reduce vibration noise or soundproof them with a box and expanding foam.
  • duke and GoTgReEn like this

#5 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:15 PM

I always had kids about that never knew anything, and always kept a room used locked, as they grow up they sort of know without talking and are quite sensible about things, well my 19 year old is, the others are still aware theres a room thats always locked but nothing else as they a lot younger and we havent discussed somethings so much, theres no smells I do as you plan and they are ducted up into loft, you always gotta be more careful if you renting mind but as long as its only you that knows and as long as you can pack everything up if you need to you be right :)

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops and duke like this

#6 Shy Ted

Shy Ted

Fuck you, thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:32 PM

when you say, the social, do you mean social services, if so they wouldn't get involved even if you was caught,

your not putting them at risk, (my ex is a social worker for families & children),

they would only get involved if you are already on there radar, or the kids where going without because of addictions,

I have grown as my kids grew up, keep it out of sight & the smell down, but they will twig as they get in to there teens, but by then there old enough to understand more,

you seem to have planned it out well, and as the old adage goes, By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail, but you seem on the ball,

anyhoo, welcome to the circle mate, you'll find all the info you need right here. and don't be afraid to ask, we were all new to this at one time.

• The Dude Abides and duke like this

#7 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,603 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:35 PM

You got best idea i extract 2  x 600 hps into loft from spare bedroon, exact same way you thinking with a lock on, then if owt is said should you be unfortunate enough to get a tug, your mrs can say i don`t go in their it`s his boys room, he keeps it locked, basically denieing all knowledge of weed being grown and who are they to call her a lier if you say the same. .When i open the bedroom door it has a mylar plastic sheeted wall with a mylar door velcro`ed on, very simple but works a treat. You no need to go crazy seeling the outer door when you gotr negative pressure inside, it will just pull in fresh air through the small gaps and no smell gets out, it`s worked a treat like this for since day i started to grow.

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, duke and 1 other like this

#8 Dekay

Dekay

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:47 PM

You got best idea i extract 2  x 600 hps into loft from spare bedroon, exact same way you thinking with a lock on, then if owt is said should you be unfortunate enough to get a tug, your mrs can say i don`t go in their it`s his boys room, he keeps it locked, basically denieing all knowledge of weed being grown and who are they to call her a lier if you say the same. .When i open the bedroom door it has a mylar plastic sheeted wall with a mylar door velcro`ed on, very simple but works a treat. You no need to go crazy seeling the outer door when you gotr negative pressure inside, it will just pull in fresh air through the small gaps and no smell gets out, it`s worked a treat like this for since day i started to grow.

When i got busted we had a tent in bedroom as well as a locked room missus denied knowing what i had in the tent next to bed and still she was fine, nice one jimmi cant believe i didnt mention that one ;)

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops and duke like this

#9 Krazy Bud

Krazy Bud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:51 PM

Thanks everyone for your responses. My mind is at rest a bit now would you vent to loft or through loft and out wall/roof I'm in a semi detached
  • Dekay and duke like this

#10 Dekay

Dekay

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:55 PM

Thanks everyone for your responses. My mind is at rest a bit now would you vent to loft or through loft and out wall/roof I'm in a semi detached

As long as its through a carbon filter it doesnt matter where it goes but in cold weather warm air being blown out would be noticeable ;)

• duke likes this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.