23 replies to this topic

#11 Krazy Bud

Krazy Bud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:58 PM

Ok I assume by that, carbon filters are extremely effective would a better option be to not cut up ceiling to duct to loft but to duct close to the window and crack the window? Sorry if that's a silly question
  • Dekay and duke like this

#12 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:07 AM

Ok I assume by that, carbon filters are extremely effective would a better option be to not cut up ceiling to duct to loft but to duct close to the window and crack the window? Sorry if that's a silly question

Theres a noise issue with fans but i wouldnt recommend cutting rented property up, and yeah as long as your extraction is good enough the carbon filters remove the smells so the air blown out from that is fine.

• duke likes this

#13 Krazy Bud

Krazy Bud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:09 AM

Might just duct into the room and leave windows cracked will that cause me a heat issue at night when lights off ?
  • duke likes this

#14 DrScrogger

DrScrogger

Totally Nucking Futs!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:09 AM

You 100% NEED a carbon filter trust me. I did 1 grow without one, an original amnesia in hydro, and stunk the whole street out!!! Now I've got two running just to be sure and have them on crop rotation so every harvest the oldest one gets replaced.
  • duke and Krazy Bud like this

#15 Krazy Bud

Krazy Bud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:11 AM

I have brought one already I went with a 5" rhino with a 5" temp controlled fan any good?

#16 DrScrogger

DrScrogger

Totally Nucking Futs!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:17 AM

Yeah, rhinos are top notch mate. I only run two as they're carbon/coco fiber filters but one does last me 2 - 3ish grows. It's all I can get here tho :(
  • duke likes this

#17 Krazy Bud

Krazy Bud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:19 AM

I'm a lot happier now I know that the carbon filter eliminates all smells great help everyone thank you
  • duke likes this

#18 Shy Ted

Shy Ted

Fuck you, thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 01:01 AM

first grow I ever did was a big buddha cheese with no filtration, looking back I don't know how I got away with that one, christ the house stank.

• FoxyLady, duke and DrScrogger like this

#19 Krazy Bud

Krazy Bud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:45 AM

Lol that's what I don't want never smoked it in front of the kids and always outside. I'm going for sweet seeds jack 47 & sweet seeds sweet cheese

#20 stephen07

stephen07

Content

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:53 AM

Hi pal , I've grown in my garage a few times mate . Only have a small set up , dr90 / 400w . Don't worry about the heat sig , my tumble dryer gives off more heat than my tent .
Water is a issue , that's why I grow soil . 20lites of water a week is plenty for 4 little soil plants in 11liter tubs . My garage is detached from the house and over looked by other houses , great for the para :)
Btw I don't smoke around my kids as well , a couple of joints at night when they are in bed .
Which means I can take a break from growing as a crop lasts me ages :)
Atb stephen
  • The Dude Abides and duke like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.