Photo
- - - - -

From daily toker to marathon man............sponsors welcome.

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 stephen07

stephen07

Content

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:38 AM

Right my green circle friends . I'm running next years London marathon for the charity MIND .
This charity means a lot to our family after my mother in law lost her battle with depression last October . She had 4 daughters and 3 grandchildren when she died and I wanna run the marathon in memory of her .
I've been a on off runner for a few years now , doing 2 half marathons b4 . My plan is to do a couple of runs a week till December then the serious training will start .
I'll be quitting smoking cigs on New Year's Day , and down to using my bong just at the weekend . My aim is to finish the race in less than 4 hours if all goes to plan .
I'll do a small training blog in here as I increase the mileage .
I know times are hard cash wise but if any of you fine people want to sponsor me I have a Virgin giving money page , I can post you a link over a PM .
All encouragement is welcome . Many thanks Stephen 7487644ea5aa49664f949eb5f77b3841.jpg
  • Eggbox, Mrs Willy, Budgie and 18 others like this

#2 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,599 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:46 AM

Good man m8. keep us filled in.

• stephen07 and Spaceman like this

#3 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:51 PM

Good on you @stephen07

If you want I can rig up one of those over the shoulder, dangling a frosty bud in front of you, post 20mile incentive, heath-robinsons contraptions for you :)

I can't even run for the bus without needing 10 minutes recovery :shocked: The amount of coffin nails I've smoked I'd be surprised if there's room for any wood.

• Mrs Willy, mellowed, KiefKat and 3 others like this

#4 hazed bunny

hazed bunny

doing bunny stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 15,201 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:04 PM

Good luck :):)

#5 Firstimer

Firstimer

Has dirty fingernails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:07 PM

I stopped smoking fags a month ago mate I'm not too bothered about them now 👍 the money I'm saving is unreal 😳 good luck 😎

#6 Mrs Willy

Mrs Willy

Flump no1

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:56 PM

Yeah well done stephen07. The only marathons i do these days are now called snickers and from a petrol station.

Its a long way mate. Thats back and forth to my local chinese 52 times. Usually takes me about two weeks to clock up that mileage.

Its great to see this type of stuff on a weed discussion forum/smokers lounge etc.

Well done you mate.  Maybe a nice idea for peeps to post their donations here to keep a tally as well.

Im good for a tenner.

• mellowed, 2scoops, KiefKat and 3 others like this

#7 Nun

Nun

Mad High At Times

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:57 PM

Got to respect a marathon run...

I do little runs, maybe 2km, about 6-7 mins I think.
Enough to really wake me up, y'know, gets my breathing deep
but if I did much more than that I'd dread going again

Just saying I know how much it would hurt me to try and do, like, 10 miles.

#8 stephen07

stephen07

Content

• Respected User
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:53 PM

Hey all , did a nice 5 miler after work . Legs and lungs felt heavy as a elephant , just 21 more miles and I'm their .
Would like to thank @FoxyLady for her generous donation , your a star babe .
Next time you and spike are in the shire let us know and I'll buy you a drink :)

Edited by stephen07, 09 October 2014 - 06:55 PM.

• hazed bunny, 2scoops and Spaceman like this

#9 stephen07

stephen07

Content

• Respected User
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 10:25 AM

Morning stoners :) well this morning I decided to run for a hour dead instead of for a distance .
So dropped the kids off at football , set my trusty garmin and hit the roads .
I ran a hour and did 7.02 miles , 2 years ago I was hitting just under 7.5 miles in a hour . So I've lost a little fitness over the 2 years . Nothing that can't be fixed over the next 6 months :)
So weekly miles for this week are 12.04 miles .

Found this on my phone from last Mays leeds half marathon , which I did in 1.48 mins e854016067f8066fed8f9436532d04e6.jpg
That's it for this week , keep it green peps :)
  • Budgie, hazed bunny, 2scoops and 1 other like this

#10 stephen07

stephen07

Content

• Respected User
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:24 PM

Your all probably bored at all this now :) but hey ho, only place I've got sponsors at (cheers stars)so your stuck with it.
No running today but some toking lol , was at my mums and thought I'd weigh myself to see what this is gonna take out of me :)
I'm not doing this to lose weight btw , I'm doing it to try and kick my daily drinking and toking addition . Well I think I'll always smoke weed just need to kick the beer and fags really , but mainly the beer [emoji481] pissing stuff .
Oh yes so I was at my mums and weighed myself , I don't own any scales other than my kitchen scales , you've probably seen them lol.
Anyway 10st 1 , I think I'll be down to about 9 and a half my april next year :)
Peace all , I'm off for a smoke :) 478f9c69f6bbbc4a13bc330fbfde62bf.jpg
  • hazed bunny, 2scoops and Spaceman like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.