Photo

Ultimate Green House

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 Spike

Spike

THE MUFF MEISTER AND 2014 TGC PUMPKING CARVING WINNER.

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:21 PM

Looks like im getting a New Green House, Been going over in my head what would be the Ultimate Green House, i dont mean a 100 feet monster, The Old Currant Bun doe's its bit, but what more could i do,What about using Fans and Carbon Filter Extraction, or could you do hydroponics in a Green House, What would be your Ultimate Green House......?
  • hazed bunny and duke like this

#2 DrScrogger

DrScrogger

Totally Nucking Futs!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:28 PM

OMG my ultimate green house would be with a floating raft DWC SOG - Temp controlled shutters on the roof and blackout shutters on a timer to control day and night hours. Carbon filters wouldn't work with the windows open but a huge ozone generator might. Few fans and sticky traps and I'd be sorted for life hahahahaha
  • duke and Spike like this

#3 weedtroll

weedtroll

NaNaNa NaNaNaNa NaNaNa NaNaNaNa

• Respected User
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:56 AM

I'd love an eden project style dome. Tucked away in some secluded valley at the end of a very long road.

WT

#4 Spike

Spike

• Respected User
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:54 PM

Well this is about as good as i could get, its a 10ft 6inch X 8ft 6inch Aluminium framed Green house, about 6 years old, managed to take all the Glass out and only broke one pane, theres approx 80 panes so i didnt do bad, its got 4 automatic opening windows with a louvre type section for air flow, managed to lift the entire glassless frame up onto my mates lorry and back home in one piece, dug footings out yesterday and concreted, im laying 2 courses of concrete blocks flat , gone a bit OTT with the foundations but i aint doing it again, its about a grands worth of greenhouse so when its up and running it will be worth the hard slog what with digging out etc, well thats what i keep telling myself lol, Got the Corners of Block work done today and 2 sides of blocks in, me and Foxy lifted the frame onto the blocks tonight and it sits a treat, going to get new seals for the glass and spring clips, then it will be like new and should last for ages, mouths already salivating at what im going to get growing in there, got 6 Auto's ready to go in there, its much more in Sunlight than my old lean to so bumper crops are on the cards.

• Budgie, mellowed, Up2nogood and 9 others like this

#5 Bobmonk388

Bobmonk388

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:02 AM

sounds good spike good luck i would want a dehumidifier in there for flowering 1 at each end an a few fans in there to

peace bob

#6 Spike

Spike

• Respected User
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:16 AM

Im thinking of running a electric cable in there Bob for that very reason, it will give me a better chance against the dreaded rot, which always curtails my growing season just before the optimum chop, I also got a Paraffin heater that i was given, that will give off the magic CO2 which plants thrive on , checked out the new rubber seals for the glass last night and they do a self adhesive one, sticky backed foam, from what i read it stops glass breaking from movement ie wind, so thats going to be ordered very shortly, i will get Foxy to get some pics up at some point.

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, duke and 3 others like this

#7 Slippery

Slippery

Ganga Ninja

• Respected User
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:23 AM

Probably too late but have youu thought about a DPM/DPC? It would help keep the mould and humidity down.

#8 the old lady

the old lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:52 AM

I use a Paraffin heater and it sometimes causes more condensation.  Last year I lined my glass greenhouse with bubble plastic - the condensation stayed between the glass and the bubble - less humidity overall, it was warmer and of course more stealthy.

Must say I am jealous - that's a lovely size greenhouse - good luck.

TOL

• Budgie, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 5 others like this

#9 Bobmonk388

Bobmonk388

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:44 AM

yo spike I've got some semi auto and full autos bred in a green house for a few years now only the strong were used to breed fire og x c99 full auto and some diesel ryder at about f5 bred in a pollytunnel  for 4 years and a buch of other stuff that should do well just pm if interested peace bob

• The Dude Abides, duke and Spike like this

#10 SmokeyTheSkunk

SmokeyTheSkunk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:10 AM

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=Cuz4iOu9v6U

Hydro greenhouse.. Although there will be a easier build no doubt.
  • Budgie, duke and Spike like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.