6 replies to this topic

#1 Krazy Bud

Krazy Bud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:51 PM

Hi can anyone help with what the best ph is for vegging.
my seedlings are 2 weeks old, one is still only about a cm the 2 others are around 3".
I am using rooting agents now with a ph of around 5.8 sometimes it's a big higher (no higher than 6 )and think it's time to do half rooting agent/half vegging nutrients

#2 KiefKat

KiefKat

TGC DJ

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,620 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 06:04 PM

Depends on the medium your growing in, 5.8 is right for coco I think.

• Krazy Bud likes this

#3 Mrs Willy

Mrs Willy

Flump no1

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 06:07 PM

Are you in soil chap?

If so, and you have bought a generic multipurpose compost, you should not need to worry about ph in veg really. Its in flower generally that ph issues arise in soil, if at all.

You should not need to add anything to seedlings if in soil at all. Its only when they get 5 bladed leaves ( a few weeks away) should you start worrying about nutes and agents etc.

Cheers

Mrs W.

• Krazy Bud likes this

#4 Krazy Bud

Krazy Bud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:24 PM

Sorry they are in large rockwool at the moment but I will be transplanting them into a 4 pot wilma with clay hopfully tonight

#5 Smokey

Smokey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:55 PM

I like to have my PH in veg around 5.5 for better calcium and raise it to around 6.0 for flower for better magnesium
  • Lab Rat, Cybes, Krazy Bud and 2 others like this

#6 Sean McPot

Sean McPot

Planning another Comp (4:20 style)

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:13 PM

To start of I aim for 5.5/5.6 then as they get bigger I take it up slowly to 5.8 'ish'

Then in flower I aim for 6.0/6.2

and best of luck with the grow!!

• Lab Rat, Smokey, Krazy Bud and 1 other like this

#7 Krazy Bud

Krazy Bud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:02 AM

Sorry only just seen these posts thank you I think I will lower my ph a bit now then
  • Dex likes this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.