29 replies to this topic

#1 Krazy Bud

Krazy Bud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 08:17 PM

So what does everyone think about co2. I was thinking about getting some co2 for my tent but was unsure weather or not to bother due to extraction etc does anyone else use it ?

#2 mellowed

mellowed

The Untroubled One

• Sleeping Mods
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:59 AM

Not many on here use it but some do.

Ive never used it but only because my groom is not sealed or recirculating so anything I added would be soon enough sucked out and lost.

From what I've read its very good to use if you can.

Hope that helps mate.
  • GoTgReEn likes this

#3 Krazy Bud

Krazy Bud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 01:04 PM

Yes mate Thankyou it does help I'm lucky enough to have a spare room dedicated to growing I do duct out the tent into the room so any co2 sucked out should be sucked back in again eventually might give it a try what do you think to the co2 bags of fungus on ebay

#4 weedtroll

weedtroll

NaNaNa NaNaNaNa NaNaNa NaNaNaNa

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 01:38 PM

I think you'll need to do more reading up on CO2.

For it to be any use it has to be in a very high PPM and in a sealed environment.

You can't just flood a room with it for a couple of reasons.

You need to be able to breathe unless your going to use beathing apparatus. 1000 - 2000 ppm

is the drowsy and bad air stage and you'll need to keep your CO2 levels at 1200 - 1500 ppm

that means feeling uncomfortable everytime you go in there and maybe the begining of a headache after prolonged exposure

and keeping it at the recommended PPM in an unsealed room would require a massive CO2 generator.

Here's a decent enough write up on CO2

http://www.growweedeasy.com/co2

WT

• Budgie, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 1 other like this

#5 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,603 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 01:42 PM

Theirs other things you can do to increase yield b4 using c02 and its a waste of time, unless you got the rest of the grow dialled in cock on to were you taking the plants to max potential for yield for the size your growing your plant without co2 added, adding more light is one or it`s kinda a wasted exercise imho.

• Mrs Willy, Lab Rat, weedtroll and 2 others like this

#6 Krazy Bud

Krazy Bud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:02 PM

Thanks lads that's what I wanted to hear complete waste of time then lol
  • 2scoops likes this

#7 Mrs Willy

Mrs Willy

Flump no1

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:42 PM

If you are that curious, brew some beer alongside the grow.

I keep meaning to do that. I grow in a tent in a spare bedroom, so would kind of work.

The beauty of this approach is even if it doesnt work, you can still get pissed as a fart on the leftovers.

:)

• Budgie, 2scoops and UkDankMan like this

#8 Krazy Bud

Krazy Bud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:17 PM

Lol sounds good sorry gonna make me sound like a noob doe brews create co2 then?

#9 Vador

Vador

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:37 AM

I have been dabbling with co2 and I can tell you it does make a difference even with extraction,
I started out with one of these exhale bags
Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414369384.475957.jpg   76.62KB   11 downloads
The plant nearest the bag exploded with growth and has produced the biggest main branch I've ever had in my grow room
If you watch the blue mystic time lapse video in my sig it's the plant nearest the camera that's sat right next to the bag
I've since bought a co2 bottle with all the gear but the trouble I'm finding is getting the bottle refilled
It would seem the government trying to reduce co2 emissions have also made it harder for the likes of me and you to obtain it.
There are still places out there but I can't find much near me
Even the bottles are hard to come by these days
You do need a closed system to get the best out of co2 but any added co2 is a bonus
It will get sucked straight up to the fan so careful how you position things and you can definitely get a gain from using it
I rigged up pc fans around the groom on brackets, then ran pipes to the back of the fans so the fans would blow co2 directly into the canopy
Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414370030.631752.jpg   372.39KB   11 downloads
Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414370067.560486.jpg   364.35KB   10 downloads
Must admit I ran the co2 for about 2 weeks while I was setting everything up and when it ran out I never refilled, must get it done
  • Budgie, weedtroll and Krazy Bud like this

#10 weedtroll

weedtroll

NaNaNa NaNaNaNa NaNaNa NaNaNaNa

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:43 AM

@Vador welding co2 is easier to obtain I believe mate :D

• Vador and Krazy Bud like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.