29 replies to this topic

#11 Vador

Vador

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:44 AM

Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414370427.708119.jpg   341.67KB   9 downloads
Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414370475.574763.jpg   368.46KB   9 downloads
This next picture is the main stem on the blue mystic from back when I was setting up the co2, that's an inch and a half hole
Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414370544.810735.jpg   237.74KB   9 downloads

Give me 2 minutes and I'll be back with a picture of it right now after being sat next to the co2 bag all this time
  • Budgie, weedtroll and Krazy Bud like this

#12 Vador

Vador

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:55 AM

Here you go
Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414371257.701465.jpg   312.93KB   10 downloads

But here is my Jack herer of the same age that is too far from the co2 bag to have any effect
Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414371329.817773.jpg   310.63KB   11 downloads
  • Budgie, weedtroll, UkDankMan and 1 other like this

#13 Vador

Vador

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:03 AM

@Vador welding co2 is easier to obtain I believe mate :D

Trouble with welding gas is it's usually an argon mix, I found the boc website to be the most helpful they have all different grades of co2 just need to get my lazy arse down there
  • weedtroll likes this

#14 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 03:31 AM

boc

Give them a call and tell them you're into homebrewing, and that you have an old pre-mix soft drink keg ("Corney Keg"?) and tap, and that you want some gas for that.

A friend of mine used to do exactly that (he made excellent beer, too), and BOC were happy to oblige. He had (bought? rented?) one of the half-height cyinders (7.5 kg?), which they'd refill on demand.
  • Budgie, weedtroll, Vador and 1 other like this

#15 Vador

Vador

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:23 PM

Yeah your right missy, also another good excuse is "I need co2 for the plant life in my fish tank" but I guess you probably would use more co2 brewing than a fish tank would use so brewing is probably the one.
  • weedtroll likes this

#16 Krazy Bud

Krazy Bud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 04:28 PM

I use pure co2 for welding at work sound my bottle around the back of a pub that had closed down ( they found there way into my car unsure how[emoji6]) I get my mate that works at a night club to swap them out when empty so gas isn't a problem for me I think I might give it a try one day not yet though, just a idea can't you run a airline with loads a holes up the stem to the canopy would that not be more efficient? Just a idea
  • weedtroll and Vador like this

#17 Vador

Vador

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 05:14 PM

Yeah that's the sort of thing you need to be doing, as long as you can get the co2 around the plant then it will make some difference,
The picture above with the 3 small plants actually has an air diffuser from a fish tank around the base of the plants
I figured the co2 that comes out there should get sucked straight up through the canopy while the fans are injecting from the sides
That's a good idea with the pub swapping bottles, I'm good friends with the landlord and bar staff but I'm not sure I want them knowing I'm using co2
Might use that for a last resort
  • Budgie, weedtroll and Krazy Bud like this

#18 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 05:36 PM

I have sometimes thought about using CO2 as an added extra and basically figured there's enough in the atmos already without it getting overcomplex? But for a double bonus, I'm with Mr Swilly with running a couple of demi-johns in the groom, ideal temp too if memory serves :)

But, say you've got a CO2 Canister, I wonder how long you'd need to have the CO2 valves open for to fill say a 1.2x2 tent?

And, can you get a automatic valve/servo that could be linked to a timer, but I think the timer would need to be in the seconds rather than the minutes range to open and shut the co2 valve?

Do you go for a steady drip feed of CO2 or do you go for a flood and drain approach, turning off the normal airlfow gubbinses for say 10 minutes at flood time?

• weedtroll, Vador and Krazy Bud like this

#19 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 06:54 PM

But, say you've got a CO2 Canister, I wonder how long you'd need to have the CO2 valves open for to fill say a 1.2x2 tent?

I did the math for this a while ago [or, rather, for the case where the extraction is constant]...

To raise the concentration by approximately 25% (400 ppm to 500 ppm) requires 10 litres of carbon dioxide per hour per 100 m³/hour of extraction.

A setup with a 'typical' extraction rate of 360 m³/hour (5°C rise above ambient with a 600 Watt lamp) will therefore require 60 litres per hour, which is 1,440 litres per day.

At that rate, one of those small (6.35 kg) gas cylinders will last about two-and-a-half days.
  • Budgie, weedtroll, marque08 and 2 others like this

#20 Vador

Vador

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 07:13 PM

The atmosphere is roughly 300ppm co2, an ideal ppm would be 1500 but as missy has pointed out you would need a hell of a lot of co2 to keep that up, that's where you need the closed system

I think every little helps though, I mean even that co2 bag has given my blue mystic a boost so it's got to be doing something
Besides as someone pointed out earlier 1500ppm would require breathing gear and a lot of safety precautions
Co2 makes you feel even more stoned, it's good for a bit until you feel sick
For someone starting out with co2 it would probably be a wise idea to start small and work your way up safely
That's the last thing the growing community needs right now, imagine the headline "cannabis factory kills whole family with gas"
  • Budgie, weedtroll, marque08 and 1 other like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.