13 replies to this topic

#1 Vador

Vador

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:24 PM

Righty then so my Kind Pen turned up today so i thought i would get some pictures up for anyone interested in buying one

The packaging is nice, I ordered the oil globe and some extra herb chambers as well

Attached File  IMG_2533.JPG   73.55KB   13 downloads

although the oil globe box was not stuck together very well at all, Theres not enough glue on there, not that that really matters

Attached File  IMG_2544.JPG   59.41KB   13 downloads

Apart from that its quite a nice little unit

Attached File  IMG_2538.JPG   87.17KB   10 downloads

This is everything that comes in the box

Attached File  IMG_2541.JPG   152.45KB   9 downloads

The pen vape itself has a real nice silk sort of feel to it and it feels well made

It comes with a cleaning brush, a little dabber and packer tool which is quite handy

There is a little keyring bud grinder which is basically just a cheese grater, bit gimmicky really but its a nice touch

Besides what self respecting stoner leaves home without there grinder anyway

You get a herb chamber, an eliquid chamber and a wax chamber as well

The charger cable is quite smart, its retractable which is quite nice, only problem i can see there though is the cable is really thin and doesn't look like it will take much abuse

It's a standard camera cable attachment so won't be hard to replace if it breaks

Here is the oil globe and two spare herb chambers(bought separately)

Attached File  IMG_2543.JPG   124.67KB   11 downloads

I haven't any bho at the moment so haven't been able to test that or the wax attachment yet but shouldn't be too long now 

Herb chambers on left and in the middle, wax bowl on the right

Attached File  IMG_2547.JPG   81.61KB   10 downloads

Everything has been brilliant and I've been impressed

Till now

as soon as i unscrewed the top off the herb chamber i thought wtf, am i really meant to put weed in there

For a start its the smallest herb chamber I've ever seen and when loaded the herb sits on the heating coil, there is a spring on the cap that pushes the weed further into the coil, couldn't believe my eyes and even consulted the instructions to see if i was doing it right

Turns out yes i was

Ok so i gave it the benefit of the doubt and loaded some weed in and gave it a hit, 

I was pleasantly surprised and got a nice hit and some decent vape but only got 2 tokes on it before nothing was coming out, i did only put a tiny bit in though.

I emptied the bowl and it was just ash but it didn't really taste like it was combusted its weird

Ive since been filling the bowl right up but the problem you then get is emptying it as it all gets stuck, best way I've found is to combust it and bang out the ash

All in all its a nice little vape, Cost £60 with the accessories so not a bad price considering what I've spent on other vapes i suspect it will do a lot better with concentrates than it does with herb but even still it doesn't do a bad job with herb although it doesn't vape the herb it just burns, over even tried doing it in pulses to keep the heat down but in the end i just end up holding the button down

another vape i have that combusts is the alivi8, when that goes you get a horrible burnt toast sort of taste, fortunately you don't get that with the kind pen

One good thing is you can put in a tiny little bit of weed and get a nice buzz

Going out for some fireworks tonight so gonna get all 3 bowls loaded up ready

• Mrs Willy, Budgie, mellowed and 9 others like this

#2 Spike

Spike

THE MUFF MEISTER AND 2014 TGC PUMPKING CARVING WINNER.

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:33 PM

Excellent write up Vador,  Not thought about getting one before.............

• Vador likes this

#3 Vador

Vador

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:16 PM

Excellent write up Vador, Not thought about getting one before.............

Thank you good sir,
I've got a titan2 on its way as well so I'll do another write up when that gets here
I suspect the Titan will be much better than the kind pen as jimmi has recommended it and he knows his stuff with these vapes

One good thing about the kind pen is I can take it to work with ejuice in it and when nobody's looking quickly swap over to the herb chamber for a stealth smoke, genius
I can see this vape getting a lot of use, especially when I've knocked up some bho

I bought a few cases the other week on eBay and it just so happens the vape and all the accessories fit in there nice and snug
They come in different sizes, I bought a P.P.55 and a P.P.70 and to be honest there's hardly any difference, the pp55 is just a tiny bit taller and the vape fits in there a bit nicer
Good cases at a good price though
P.P.70
P.P.55

Edited by Vador, 01 November 2014 - 04:17 PM.

• Budgie, hazed bunny, 2scoops and 3 others like this

#4 Vador

Vador

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 07:26 PM

Right so I spent all night using the kind pen while I was out and have got through 2 batteries with it so far

As far as the herb vaping goes with this, it's good if you want to be stealthy and you keep a couple of herb chambers filled up ready to swap out as needed, it provides a decent hit and is easy to use and nice and small.
For around the house its a waste of time really as you can't get much in it and it's a bit of faffing about emptying the bowl

I've used the eliquid chamber as well, that's a strange one there though because you take a hit and you can really taste the flavour and you feel it hit your throat hard, made my misses cough
When you pull the vape away from your lips you get a cloud of vapour but when you breath out there is nothing at all

I'm pretty sure this should shine with concentrates because it can produce a decent amount of heat

Overall I'm still happy with it and it will be excellent at work where I can have a quick puff around anti weed workmates and then switch back to the liquid chamber

At the moment I'm using the puffit vape at work but there is a couple of issues there
1. I don't have asthma
2. It's crap
Going to start taking the kind pen to work with the hope of replacing the puffit

Just drying out some leafs at the moment and got to get some lighter gas then I'll knock up some bho and give the globe a test

Edited by Vador, 02 November 2014 - 07:27 PM.

• Budgie, 2scoops, weedtroll and 2 others like this

#5 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,602 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:30 PM

More combustion like you said than vape with these type of pens, proper rubbish and too much faffing about imo used with herbs, but used for oils then they bang on yes, but the globe is the daddy for oils and will work x10 better than the pen looking at it`s coil although it will still rock with oils just not like the globe. Tbh @ Vador a right bag of shit that will last about ten mins with herbs in, so to say and the coils will burn out, maybe you will be able to recoil them once they pop but if it can be dismantled which i`m nearly sure is possible, just take note how to recoil it when taking apart or check out youtube, i`ve got loadsa pre-made wicked coils @ 1.8ohm that will fit into it, just shout any time m8 :) . But for 60 quid man that`s alot and as you know you can get them alot cheaper less than half the price that for what it is. You could also use herbs in the globe but be carefull not to burn the coil out quick, but it will deffo give you an idea of how it works and how good it is for pence too they are and they also should be pretty straight forward to recoil, both work on the same principal with virtually the same coils.

• Budgie, fairy and Vador like this

#6 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 03:45 PM

Good review @ Vador :vape:

You seem to be the same opinion as me, it seems well mad and works, but not really for a determined session on the weed. Look forward to reading you oil/globe review, if I don't beat you to it....but that's a good 5 weeks off for me yet and I don't intend to buy a globe, I'll just see how it wicks and vapes in the liquid chamber first :bong:

• 2scoops and Vador like this

#7 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,602 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 04:48 PM

Looking at it @GoodBudgie  i would think oils and solids would rock you socks and work better using the herb chamber, the liquid chamber looks like a top burning coil so not the best for thick oils unless you make a thinner oil which is messing around again,  just gunk a blob on the herb coil and you buzzing in a big way :D I got some lovely juice for that juice atty though and i`m sure you would like, let me know and i`ll post it out to you.

• Budgie and Vador like this

#8 Vador

Vador

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:27 PM

@GoodBudgie
Thanks, yeah it is very well made and i'm Impressed with the quality of it but for herb its a no go I'm afraid
Used it at work today and I mangled up one of the coils a bit trying to empty the chamber, now the coil doesn't seem to glow as much
I'm not going to use this for herb any more and keep it for eliquid and concentrates

@jimmi2scoops
Yeah you were right about this vape it's not for herb, eagerly awaiting my Titan2 to turn up but to my knowledge it hasn't been dispatched yet, can't wait :-)
You mentioned the liquid container having a top coil, it is actually at the bottom on this one, the metal tube in the middle has a very small hole either side at the very bottom of the chamber where the wick is and the coil is wrapped around it
I looked inside it earlier and the coil looks black, I'm wondering if there is a lack of juice being soaked through, that may explain why I'm not getting any vape when I exhale
Edit: my @ won't work the 2nd time

Edited by Vador, 03 November 2014 - 05:28 PM.

• Budgie likes this

#9 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,602 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:55 PM

@ Vador coils do gunk up yes and go black, but if it`s a bottom coil well it would maybe work with iso oil but not for long or as good as the other stuff you got already, so no point, i mean it`s probably not working cus battery will be a cheap chinese made one running at the standard 3.0 to 3.2 volts and the ohms on the coil too high, basically not enough umph , the battery will more than likely be 350mah which is wank and will last about ten mins b4 the little umph it has got drops , a standard 650mah eciggi batterry wouild last longer, they just conning cunts m8 most of these places claiming world with these type of vapes, you really want resistence of about 1.2 to 1.5ohm for the those standard batteries and i`ll take a guess and say its not that and more like 1.8 to 2.2 which will work a bit till the power starts to drop and then you don`t wanna be really chonging on it cus it`s shit like that that causes BANGS!!!! ( vaping on a battery with voltage dropping, although lots do have built in protection and cutt out b4 it gets that far, ) then you charge it back up when it cutts out, but if you notice a power drop i`d be banging it on charge again, waist of dosh really m8 best bit of kit their is the bulb/globe atty for oils imo and you can stick that on any 650 mah, 900 mah and higher 510 threaded eciggi type battery and even a vv type too .  I might be wrong thiough.

• Vador likes this

#10 Vador

Vador

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 07:34 PM

Chinese crap lol
Luckily the battery does have a cutoff

So if you were to buy a vape for smoking concentrates what would you choose, any chance of a link??
This is all new to me, I tried watching some videos where people had all these mods and things and I didn't understand what they were going on about most of the time lol
Vaping has gone mad and there's so many gadgets out there now it's a head fuck

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.