34 replies to this topic

#11 igiggle

igiggle

livingroom surfer

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:17 AM

Thanks for the input. You may be right KD. I have seen a post that the cure doesn't stop till 40%. These buds are dense and heavy. Perhaps they have the moisture to continue. When/if it achieves 62% I'll bust one and see if it is overly dry. If it has become over dried, I'll use it for a topical extract. My feet don't care about taste and burn nuisances. Time will tell.

Edited by igrow, 04 November 2014 - 01:18 AM.

• weedtroll, DrScrogger and Horse Badorties like this

#12 igiggle

igiggle

livingroom surfer

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:21 PM

you couldalways re-hydrate it with a bit of lemon or potato peel

I think what Krazy Dave is saying is that the material can not be re-hydrated.  If I understand correctly, once it has dried to a point there is no going back.  At least as he said, that's the theory.

I don't intend to prove or disprove this. Only to proceed and see where it goes. The purpose, to perhaps give  everyone information that can be useful in their process.

Thanks for weighing in, hope you find this trial useful,

be well

Edited by igrow, 04 November 2014 - 07:41 PM.

• The Dude Abides and Horse Badorties like this

#13 igiggle

igiggle

livingroom surfer

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:30 PM

I would also tend to agree, moisture can be reintroduced. I've used fan leaves and damp paper towel. I think what KD is pointing out is the cure process is hindered by having been dried too long prior to jar. This test may shed some light on this, may not. I have two more control pack, two more jars and two more plants that will be ready in a couple of weeks. I will intentionally jar them "moist" and compare the result.

• weedtroll and Horse Badorties like this

#14 DrScrogger

DrScrogger

Totally Nucking Futs!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:19 PM

Naa yous don't get it.

You can make the bud moist again but you can't reintroduce moisture into the CELL STRUCTURE which is where the curing (ie breaking down of chlorophyll and terpines) takes place. It's the equivalent of having a water balloon that once it's empty you can't fill it back up no matter how wet you make the outside.
  • weedtroll, igiggle and Horse Badorties like this

#15 igiggle

igiggle

livingroom surfer

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:27 PM

Naa yous don't get it.

You can make the bud moist again but you can't reintroduce moisture into the CELL STRUCTURE which is where the curing (ie breaking down of chlorophyll and terpines) takes place. It's the equivalent of having a water balloon that once it's empty you can't fill it back up no matter how wet you make the outside.

I think what KD is pointing out is the cure process is hindered by having been dried too long prior to jar. 

Sorry thought I was agreeing with you.

• weedtroll, DrScrogger and Horse Badorties like this

#16 DrScrogger

DrScrogger

Totally Nucking Futs!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 12:53 AM

Aah yeah sorry I grow. Giz a sec.

Edited by Krazy Dave, 05 November 2014 - 01:03 AM.

• igiggle and Horse Badorties like this

#17 igiggle

igiggle

livingroom surfer

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 01:11 AM

No, my bad! I was just trying to get us headed in the same direction. Let's have some fun with this and see what comes of it. Maybe we can all benefit.

toketoke

• Horse Badorties likes this

#18 DrScrogger

DrScrogger

Totally Nucking Futs!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 01:13 AM

Okay, curing takes place on a cellular level. Enzymes and microbes break down the chlorophyll and terpines and waxes and other non necessary stuff WITHIN the cells walls. Once a cell becomes too dry the microbes and enzymes die and the curing process stops within that cell. Now if there is moisture left in the plant elsewhere and the microbes and enzymes are still active then leaving the buds in an airtight container will allow the plant to redistribute the moisture WITHIN the cells that have lower levels of moisture and the cure will continue.

Once the microbes and enzymes have died and there isn't enough moisture left WITHIN the plant itself, it's too late to do anything about it even if you get them in 90% RH as there is nothing there to allow the curing process to take place. All you will manage to achieve is making the OUTSIDE of the cell walls wet which will give them the appearance of being the way they should be but nothing is actually happening WITHIN the cells themselves.

If you still want to disagree then that's your choice. I'm just trying to help you understand it is all. [emoji3]
  • The Dude Abides, weedtroll and igiggle like this

#19 DrScrogger

DrScrogger

Totally Nucking Futs!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 01:18 AM

No, my bad! I was just trying to get us headed in the same direction. Let's have some fun with this and see what comes of it. Maybe we can all benefit.

toketoke

Yeah no worries. I hadn't seen this reply. I believe you'll still manage a cure with yours as previously said, you can still do it up to 40% but I don't believe the cure will be as effective as it could have been. I'm intrigued now myself [emoji2] [emoji106]

Where's @Anonymiss when you need her. [emoji23] [emoji23]

Edited by Krazy Dave, 05 November 2014 - 01:19 AM.

• weedtroll and igiggle like this

#20 igiggle

igiggle

livingroom surfer

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 01:21 AM

Hey billybob, I agree with you moisture can be put back. I also believe that it may have lost some of its potential, by being slightly over dry. But won't know till we have some result. Hopefully we all learn from my screw up. That will make it a plus rather than a loss.

• The Dude Abides and weedtroll like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.