7 replies to this topic

#1 Sprink

Sprink

Harletan

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:03 PM

Some are probably sick of hearing about this strain now, but here's a smoke report for those who aren't :)

This is the info from seedfinder.eu

The C’99 is the holy grail of the cannabis strains. As she resembles the high and the taste of an exceptional sweet landrace sativa, which normally takes half a year to flower. But the C99 flowers in 7 - 8 weeks. On top of that the buds are quite sugared.
This new batch is a cross of two exceptional basic pheno types, the Grapefruit and the Pineapple. Both derived from the original Brothers Grimm C99
It matures in 4 weeks from seed, which is much faster than the original C99. (6 - 8 weeks)
One not to miss!

Flowering Time Indoor: 55 - 62 days (~58 days)
Yield / Quantity Indoor: The crop of this strain is great.
General Impression Indoor: is all together extremely good and very recommendable.
Strength / Lasting Effect: The weed is strong and long lasting.
Votings of our users: C99 gets 8.42 of 10 possible Points in the average!

It's 75% Sativa.

I grew 2 of these in coco (hand fed), vegged for about 5 weeks. Flowering was about 55 days.Trichs were mostly amber but I think that's due to my LED panels maturing them quicker.

Topped them twice and supported with netting.

Got about 4 oz per plant (my best yield to date)

What's it like to grow?

A breeze. They're self motivated :) They respond well to all kinds of training and it's hard to stress them.

I wouldn't count on them being sexually mature in 4 weeks though. Mine took their time.

Stretch?

At least 200% in my case, so at least 3X the size after 3 weeks of stretch.

What's the bud like?

Big solid resinous kholas followed by many small equally sold & resinous nugs. Hell, even the popcorn was solid!

The buds snap like they're pencils.

Visual appeal

Well, I think it looks great. Not nearly as frosty as many seen on this forum, but I'd give it an 8.5/10

This pic makes it look darker. It's actually quite light green.

Smell in flower

Oh boy! I couldn't believe it. I never knew bud could smell like that. 

Like the nicest fruity shampoo you ever smelled. My nose picked up pineapple and mango mostly. Absolutely no traditional weed smells at all.

10/10 for smell

Dried smell

I think I started curing too early so the smell from outside is a bit dull.

When you crack the bud open though... it's intoxicating! Pure dank tropical fruit that makes your mouth water. Mostly pineapple but with grapefruit overtones.

10/10 again

No skunkyness, no pine, diesel or anything else. Very clean & fresh.

Dried taste

Taste is more difficult for me to describe. It's like the smell but more like pineapple that's mature and about to ferment.

It doesn't fill the mouth like the most tasty strains I've grown, but it does get the juices flowing :)

8.5/10 for taste.

The high

Absolutely perfect.

Now, bearning in mind the many amber trichs on these, I think you'd get a very different high from all cloudy. This is based on mostly amber though.

The high is soooo very happy. Warm, slightly light headed, feeling like it's toy day every day.

Walk down the street alone, laughing your head off, too high to care about the stares. Then go home & be transfixed by something as simple as trees blowing in the wind or a spider dangling from the ceiling.

There's a bit of couchlock, maybe to due to amber trichs. Also good for appetite.

10/10 for high. I've been more high/stoned, but never in a nicer way :)

Good points

Strong growth, stress resistant, eat & drink well, bud is excellent. Not fussy plants at all.

Bad points

None really. They're pretty stretchy and branch out a lot, so can crowd the space if you're not careful.

Would I grow this again?

I am. In both tents!

I can't really have too much of this stuff.

• Mrs Willy, Budgie, 2scoops and 18 others like this

#2 Lizardking

Lizardking

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:09 PM

Nice right up Sprink...sounds a banging strain,defo one that I hope to be doing in the near future :)
  • Sprink and Solo Quin like this

#3 weedtroll

weedtroll

NaNaNa NaNaNaNa NaNaNa NaNaNaNa

• Respected User
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:20 PM

Excellent Sprink :)

You make it sound delicious mate and making me want to grow some :D

WT

#4 GoTgReEn

GoTgReEn

Has dirty fingernails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:56 PM

Lovely smoke report Sprink! [emoji106] misses is nagging me to get some beans! [emoji23]

#5 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,585 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:02 PM

Think i got one of these seeds, very Jack Herer`ish me thinks, just looking at the lineage. :)

#6 Sprink

Sprink

Harletan

• Respected User
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 12:20 PM

Was this strain leafy at all? i've read reports that it was leafy,but havent grown it yet. i do have 10 seeds of this from Fms though. i wonder if it would do well outdoors? hmmm that pic looks badass though nicely done

Hey Thor

It's leafy and a bit difficult to trim, but ONLY because it branches out a lot and there's so much of it.

The buds are pretty fat for the amount of leaves on them.

The fans are easy to get cos they stretch out so much, and the bud dries pretty damn solid :)

I know they have an outdoor version of this, but I'm not sure either would do well outside in blighty. They seem too tall & stretchy

Indoors they're an absolute treat though. Get some germed :)

• Solo Quin and Nefarious Shenanigans like this

#7 Nefarious Shenanigans

Nefarious Shenanigans

youthful exuberance

• Respected User
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:10 PM

Nicely written report Sprink

Yep it's been on my list for a while but been passed over previously for other things, obviously that was a foolish mistake

Mostly snobbery on my part, I wasn't sure the Female Seeds version was gonna really represent the famous Grimm one

Stupid really, shoulda just give it a run. I'll take your word for it though; it's in the next order for sure 

• Solo Quin likes this

#8 Solo Quin

Solo Quin

Organically High

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 01:14 AM

Cheers Sprink I have c99 x hp2 still outside in the frost and a Dutch passion c99 x jack herer auto that I'm itching to try out so its good to hear, I have a feeling I've already come across this strain looking at the bud and the way you described it sounds similar smoke that has a unique taste from back in the day.

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.