Photo
- - - - -

Getting set up to move indoors - how's this look?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 KiefKat

KiefKat

TGC DJ

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,620 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:11 PM

I've been told there's to be no more growing in the back garden because the one side of our garden that is overlooked is actually being used now! The neighbour copped an eyeful of my girls during the summer but hasn't said a word, however, my wife is nearly out of her mind with paranoia and has insisted that any future growing be done indoors and out of sight (RESULT!).

I've been doing a bit of looking about (but haven't had a lot of time on my hands recently) and came across a kit on amazon, how does this sound as a starting point for £280:

1x Secret Jardin DS90 grow tent

1x Maxibright 400w Compact Ballast

1x Euro reflector

1x Sunmaster 400w HPS lamp 

1x 100mm Rhino RVK fan

1x 100mmx300mm Rhino PRO carbon filter

1x 100mm x 10mtr ducting

2x 100mm jubilee clips

1x Easy Roller (pair) light hanging kit

1x Lumii grow light timer/controller (rated @ 600w)

Bearing in mind there will only be 1 plant at a time growing in the tent, is there any other hardware I'll need? Obviously I'll be getting temp & humidity monitors, pots, media and nutes, but have I forgotten something?

• Dekay, hazed bunny, 2scoops and 6 others like this

#2 Sprink

Sprink

Harletan

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:21 PM

Sounds fine to me KK. 100mm, is that 4 inch? If so that's perfect.

For once it's a package where it all seems well matched :)

• revert, duke, KiefKat and 1 other like this

#3 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:30 PM

Do you have to conceal everything?

If not, get one more jubilee clip so that you can put the fan and filter outside the tent, thereby gaining a couple of cubic feet of space internally :)
  • mellowed, 2scoops, duke and 2 others like this

#4 KiefKat

KiefKat

TGC DJ

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,620 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:59 PM

Sounds fine to me KK. 100mm, is that 4 inch? If so that's perfect.

For once it's a package where it all seems well matched :)

That's what caught my eye about it, seems to be branded gear and pretty well matched - may upgrade the fan for summer, will see how it goes.

Do you have to conceal everything?

If not, get one more jubilee clip so that you can put the fan and filter outside the tent, thereby gaining a couple of cubic feet of space internally :)

Cheers Missy, it's going to be in a part of the house no visitor has cause to see it so an external filter set up shouldn't pose any problems.

• duke, Sprink and Paulie like this

#5 stephen07

stephen07

Content

• Respected User
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:15 AM

Very much the same as my setup kat , I've got a digital ballast tho and a ajustawing reflector .
If I grow in the summer I get temps up 40'c with a 4" rvk but the plants loved it . Just keep them hydrated .
Sounds a good price , I spent over £500 with what I got , but that included nutes , pots , soil and all the other little bits and bobs required .
Also mate I'd do more than 1 plant , saves on veg time .
In my dr90 4 plants was a bit of a squeeze but 3 were fine .
What medium are you going to use .
  • 2scoops, KiefKat and Paulie like this

#6 KiefKat

KiefKat

TGC DJ

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,620 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:59 PM

I'm thinking of doing a soil grow for the first, but plan on changing to coco for the 2nd grow (working on a v tight budget, as ever  :icon_rolleyes: ). Nothing definite as yet though, won't be in a position to purchase till the new year or else the kids will be getting a grow kit for christmas :laugh:

The 1 plant limit is being set by my wife, am working on getting it up to a sensible number for the tent.

• Dekay, 2scoops, duke and 6 others like this

#7 Sprink

Sprink

Harletan

• Respected User
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 08:18 PM

I'm thinking of doing a soil grow for the first, but plan on changing to coco for the 2nd grow (working on a v tight budget, as ever  :icon_rolleyes: ). Nothing definite as yet though, won't be in a position to purchase till the new year or else the kids will be getting a grow kit for christmas :laugh:

The 1 plant limit is being set by my wife, am working on getting it up to a sensible number for the tent.

Hahaha well you could let them play in it for a while. If they're very young then the boxes it all comes in would make a good present :)

If I ever have kids they're gonna get a satsuma and some chocolate gold coins in a stocking. If it was good enough for me....

• duke, KiefKat, mrsDeeks and 1 other like this

#8 Red eye knight

Red eye knight

Herbalist

• Respected User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:41 PM

Good luck venturing indoors Kk!
Regarding the 1 plant limit!
Take cuttings....still 1 plant....just in many pots. ;)

R.e.k.
  • duke, KiefKat, stephen07 and 5 others like this

#9 Krazy Bud

Krazy Bud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:54 PM

I'm thinking of doing a soil grow for the first, but plan on changing to coco for the 2nd grow (working on a v tight budget, as ever :icon_rolleyes: ). Nothing definite as yet though, won't be in a position to purchase till the new year or else the kids will be getting a grow kit for christmas :laugh:

one plant limit but make it a fooking monster like jimmi's lol good look mate I'm sure it will be fine I'm doing my first indoor at the mo. Had a few hick up but there's been plenty of helpful people to put me straight its a lot different to outdoor but I'm sure you will learn quickly
  • duke, KiefKat and mrsDeeks like this

#10 KiefKat

KiefKat

TGC DJ

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,620 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 12:01 AM

Thought I'd update this, I purchased the kit directly from Somerset Hydroponics and got it cheaper than it was on amazon (£250 - 10% code compared to £280, although postage was steep because I'm in ROI). Because I was spending so much on postage they kindly threw in hydro nutes and some sample bottles of silicone and rhizo.

ATM it's all still in boxes as there's work ongoing in the house, as soon as that's finished I'll be setting up and getting my grow on  :shakeshout:

• revert, smokin soul, duke and 3 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.