• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs Willy

Mrs Willy

Flump no1

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:24 PM

kali is dry, so heres a smoke report for the shelves.  This was a cut which is before they crossed it in late 90s with an indica.

To Grow: 95/100.

What a plant. Proper sexy and 110% "something special in the growroom" She takes ages to finish and sheds her fan leaves everywhere in late flower, which is unusual. But apart from that, the sexiest stunner in every sense of the word. Angelic plant and a pretty good yielder.

Flavour/taste: 100/100.

Simply perfect imho. Big sweet shop thing going on. Lots of sativas are tropical in flavour but this is much more raspberry pavlova. Also has a mint like aromatic to it, but much more sweet. What can i say? Blown away by its taste and it only a week in jars. Very much looking forward to smoking it in 3 months time once it gets cured properly. I hope it doesnt lose the willy wonka sweet shop thing over a proper cure. But it is really sensational smell and smoke. I think i know understand why it is deemed to be so special.

Stone/potency: 95/100.

A good clean, interesting sativa that has no ceiling like the beloved mean green. Only downside for me is the slightly hollow buzz. Strength is fine. It retains its angelic like appeal with a comfortable soaring high, not as intense as a supr silver haze, but oozes class in a slightly hollow way. I think the cure will sort out these nitpickings as its royal shit to smoke.

Summary:  A celebrity guest in the growroom and she has delivered the specialness in areas i didnt quite expect. Take away its long flowering time and shedding of fan leaves and it is holy grail stuff. Just v happy ive done her and  have 6 litres of bud to get through.

For:

Hauntingly unique and beautiful plant which you cant help being smitten with in the groom.

Perfect sweet taste and smell, untypical of the usual lemony/citrus offerings.

Hardy plant.

Brilliant yielder.

Against:

Long flowering times. 15+ on 12/12.

Loses all leaves in late flower.

Topped colas can strain under the weight.

It gud shid mon :)

Muchas.

Swill

• The Dude Abides, smokin soul, weedtroll and 12 others like this

#2 weedtroll

weedtroll

NaNaNa NaNaNaNa NaNaNa NaNaNaNa

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:28 PM

Nice report Swilly :) You do make the kali mist sound very good indeed.

Will have to try this in the future as it sounds wickedly good.

WT

• Mrs Willy, The Dude Abides and Lizardking like this

#3 Lizardking

Lizardking

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:45 PM

Great report @Mr Swilly,sounds like a right old stonker of a plant man :)
Very interested in the genetics of this strain Swilly,I'm growing out kalisnapple,now as far as I'm aware,it's kalimistXtropicana? You reckon it could possibly be the same linage as what you've grown out?
  • Mrs Willy, The Dude Abides and weedtroll like this

#4 Mrs Willy

Mrs Willy

Flump no1

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:12 PM

Yeah no reason why not lizard king. I have not studied in depth the lineage tbh.  Its tricky to find what is behind the kali mist. But I think the kalisnapple is a three crosser, of which kali mist is one of the three strains crossed.

WT - i think you can get a pretty good version of the older (pure sativa) kali mist in seed form these days. from serious seeds i think.

You cant whack an eccentric long flowering sativa.  This one in particular is well worth it.

• The Dude Abides, weedtroll, KiefKat and 1 other like this

#5 Lizardking

Lizardking

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:45 PM

All I know is that the strain I've got was bred by Murdock on the old site,it's got Sonics kalisnapple cut in it (which I'm pretty sure is kalimistXtropicanna. But the strain I've got has also got Murdocks and Faces fxm in it ( which is kalisnappleXtrifle) also got a bit of HeTh robinsons Chiesel cut in with it too,but this strain is a 10 weeker,but still leans on the sativa dominant side of the strain.
Anyway matey...your kalimist sounds awesome,deffo one I'd like to try,but no chance of that lol :)
  • Mrs Willy and The Dude Abides like this

#6 Mrs Willy

Mrs Willy

Flump no1

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:44 PM

I have only heard good reports about the kalisnapple, but dont know it nor knew it was an A team effort.  Good on em.

More of a scooby doo/police squad fan myself. :football:

Trifle ive done a few times and always a load of exciting stuff going on, from colours to baseball bat colas. All v nice.

You can get kali mist seeds from serious seeds and it all seems pretty intact from what ive read online. Ie a pretty accurate reproduction of the sought after older strain.

• dal likes this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.