• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs Willy

Mrs Willy

Flump no1

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:14 AM

Show us yer chrimbo meats/joints/roasts!!!

Thought i would show off this years pride and joy. Not doing turkey this year, gonna have a blast at this bastard.

In the oven, as hot as it goes for 8-9 mins per pound. Then turn oven off and leave it in there for 4 hrs. Perfect medium roasted beef. (7-8 for medium rare, 6-7 for rare).

Just needs tying up so it keeps together and forms a roll.  Welsh Black rib of beef (4 boner), hung for 28 days. 6kg was only 69 quid, which i thiought was v reasonable.

Stock is being made with off cuts, herbs, veg, garlic, red wine, water - will brew that overnight in a slow cooker for the gravy. Will be served with goose fat roast tatties and sprouts and carrots, yorkie puds of course.

gallery_4_5_242884.jpg

gallery_4_5_165899.jpg

• Budgie, The Dude Abides, FoxyLady and 9 others like this

#2 hazed bunny

hazed bunny

doing bunny stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 15,201 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:23 AM

We having chicken this year, picky bloody kids. But I cant wait for tje goose fat roast tatties mmmmmmmmmmmm.
  • Mrs Willy, Budgie, The Dude Abides and 3 others like this

#3 RastaMouse

RastaMouse

DABHEAD

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:28 AM

Show us yer chrimbo meats/joints/roasts!!!

Thought i would show off this years pride and joy. Not doing turkey this year, gonna have a blast at this bastard.
In the oven, as hot as it goes for 8-9 mins per pound. Then turn oven off and leave it in there for 4 hrs. Perfect medium roasted beef. (7-8 for medium rare, 6-7 for rare).

Just needs tying up so it keeps together and forms a roll. Welsh Black rib of beef (4 boner), hung for 28 days. 6kg was only 69 quid, which i thiought was v reasonable.
Stock is being made with off cuts, herbs, veg, garlic, red wine, water - will brew that overnight in a slow cooker for the gravy. Will be served with goose fat roast tatties and sprouts and carrots, yorkie puds of course.

gallery_4_5_242884.jpg

gallery_4_5_165899.jpg

Well after that description swilly.. looks like Christmas dinner at yours then :D lol

At my old dears this year.. Turkey n the usual bits.. stuffing, sausage meat,potato's n other bits plus gravy of course can't be having no roast without gravy :bong:
  • Mrs Willy, Budgie, The Dude Abides and 3 others like this

#4 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:40 PM

Bikini-Tanned Turkey usually goes down well...

turkey.jpg

As seen everywhere on the Internet since 1999.
  • Mrs Willy, Budgie, The Dude Abides and 5 others like this

#5 Mrs Willy

Mrs Willy

Flump no1

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:22 PM

No prizes for guessing where the stuffing is :)

• The Dude Abides and Zipp like this

#6 Zipp

Zipp

Coco Automatic Mod'ness

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,278 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:06 PM

cupboards are bare swills doing the shopping tomorrow but got the boy to pick up the fillet steak they dont like turkey , weirdos lol

fzZ0zf5.jpg

:smoked:

• Mrs Willy, The Dude Abides and WanderinBloke like this

#7 WanderinBloke

WanderinBloke

They see me wibblin'

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:24 PM

We're round a pal's for xmas day. They're doing turkey, lamb and beef. My contribution is the bread sauce and creamed leeks. Cant wait :D

• The Dude Abides, KiefKat and Zipp like this

#8 KiefKat

KiefKat

TGC DJ

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,620 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:41 PM

We're round a pal's for xmas day. They're doing turkey, lamb and beef. My contribution is the bread sauce and creamed leeks. Cant wait :D

First time I read that, I saw cremated leeks - thought you cooked like my mother! :P

• The Dude Abides, FoxyLady, revert and 1 other like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.