• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 erbie

erbie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:51 PM

So. As I'm new to this forum and havn't had much time lately to be hugely active I thought I'd better read the rules before posting anything else!

Just out of interest...why the 8 plant rule? Is this something to do with UK sentencing on what constitutes a 'personal' grow as opposed to cash cropping? As we all know, the amount you can grow on 8 trees is mush different to 8 autos in a small tent, so I don't get it. I suppose there needs to be parameters as in a whole house grow is obviously not personal but what difference does it make with the forum owners and the police? Surely breaking the law is breaking the law nomatter what the website owners believe?

The other topic is the swapping/giving of clones and/or seeds. How does this work (again) with website legality? I love sharing genetics but also keeping anonymous. I've never charged for the passing on of genetics as I truly believe nobody can 'own' plants or genetics. I was banned from UK420 for talking about swapping of clones and really don't want to get banned here but will obviously abide by the laws, it aint my house afterall :)

If I grow more than 8 plants am I allowed to post pictures of my grow but not talk about the 'extra' plants, or is it no pictures or talk of anything over 8 plants?

• Budgie, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 5 others like this

#2 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,991 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:05 PM

So. As I'm new to this forum and havn't had much time lately to be hugely active I thought I'd better read the rules before posting anything else!

Just out of interest...why the 8 plant rule? Is this something to do with UK sentencing on what constitutes a 'personal' grow as opposed to cash cropping? As we all know, the amount you can grow on 8 trees is mush different to 8 autos in a small tent, so I don't get it. I suppose there needs to be parameters as in a whole house grow is obviously not personal but what difference does it make with the forum owners and the police? Surely breaking the law is breaking the law nomatter what the website owners believe?

The other topic is the swapping/giving of clones and/or seeds. How does this work (again) with website legality? I love sharing genetics but also keeping anonymous. I've never charged for the passing on of genetics as I truly believe nobody can 'own' plants or genetics. I was banned from UK420 for talking about swapping of clones and really don't want to get banned here but will obviously abide by the laws, it aint my house afterall :)

If I grow more than 8 plants am I allowed to post pictures of my grow but not talk about the 'extra' plants, or is it no pictures or talk of anything over 8 plants?

hi erbei yes the 8 plant rule was chosen to be below the new legal mumbo jumbo but mainly to discourage the cashcroppers from signing up and stealing all our hard earned knowledge!we can swap seeds as atm they are still legal(though not for long if cameron gets his way)but the whole ethos is a strictly personal growers site for that very reason,you can have as many plants as you want just dont post more than 8 in your diary,i get you with the sharing genetics its one of my passions to and i do that with seeds rather than risk growing lots of clones,uk420 is wank and jooles is a huge hypercritical turd.peace

• Mrs Willy, Budgie, Dekay and 11 others like this

#3 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,991 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:42 AM

just a little  gentle bump and reminder of the 8 plant rule jah bless,peace
  • Mrs Willy, Budgie, Dekay and 3 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.