24 replies to this topic

#11 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:55 PM

Does anyone have experience of using river/stream water on outdoor plants?

It would be extremely handy but I guess it's a risk, not knowing what's in it.

Get it used you crazy horse. :)

• Lizardking, Sprink and Solo Quin like this

#12 Sprink

Sprink

Harletan

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:17 PM

Get it used you crazy horse. :)

I'm always para about 3 eyed fish etc :)

Ya never know what evil lurks within :devil:

• Solo Quin likes this

#13 Trump

Trump

Organic Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:02 PM

Does anyone have experience of using river/stream water on outdoor plants?

It would be extremely handy but I guess it's a risk, not knowing what's in it.

Yep, standard procedure for me, but all streams and rivers are different, so be careful. If it's in the middle of nowhere, and is running, then it should be fine. If it  looks like you would be reasonably happy to drink it (don't), then its probably ok. If it stinks, or is still, it's a probable no. 

To be honest though, if you have picked a half decent spot, after soaking them when the seedlings get planted, and once more about a week later, jah should step in and take care of the rest :)

Peace

• The Dude Abides, Sprink, Lousizzle and 1 other like this

#14 Sprink

Sprink

Harletan

• Respected User
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 04:54 PM

I've made most of my plans now, and I'm gonna have everything planted within about 6 miles from my house, spread out pretty wide.

Some places are quite public, like near a cricket pitch, but some are quite clever and slightly off the beaten track.

I found a spot across a river where there's no easy access. Perfect if you're prepared to get your knees wet.

The furthest spots don't have available water unfortunately, but I can go all SAS training style with a big backback. I might keel over though :)

Today I was out finalising stuff and I made a decision.

I'm gonna leave everything in better shape than when I found it. This could be a really nice area if it wasn't such a tip.

I'm literally gonna pick trash up while out planting & bin it. No-one else bothers, but that's why nothing changes.

Planning to start germing mid April for planting early to mid May. Most of the spots are somewhat sheltered, so I'm hoping 3 weeks veg will do it. Well, that depends on how fast they grow.

I can take a handful with me, go on a walk, plant & move.

I can go to all the spots any time without raising suspicion, just to check. Also to look for any males.

I've got these 3 from HFH

Danish Gold

HP2

Wild something or other

Also got some auto seeds that I want to use, including choco skunk. Mmmmmmm

With all this walking & thought, I sincerely hope I get something out of it :)

• Mrs Willy, Up2nogood, The Dude Abides and 6 others like this

#15 Slippery

Slippery

Ganga Ninja

• Respected User
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:50 PM

There's no doubt sprink, there is no subsitute for experience but you will probably get a decent haul from your first year.Last years harvest was good to me and if I draw a complete blank this year,still have enough to last me 'till 2016. I cant grow indoors so it's my only source. I can't remember the last time I paid for it and prefer my own organic sun grown to any I've tasted.

The genes are the most important thing when GGing and anything from HFH will do you proud. One thing I always rant and rave about is slug pellets. I don't believe it's right to go find a place in our beautiful countryside that is practically untouched by human hands and scatter poison.

FACT;

You will never raise outdoor plants without damage from slugs, thrips, leaf miners etc (don't try, don't worry), if you leave the plant to aquire it's own entourage of creatures as any wild plant growing next to it does, they will prey on each other and keep a natural balance. You will find emerald green spiders on your palnts, I don't know what they are or what they eat, but they seem to love weed and are always present, don't do what a nob did on the other place and spray them all with pesticide, remember that you will be consuming the weed that you spray with shite!

FACT;

Slugs and snails are repelled by copper, it causes an electric shock when their slime comes into contact with it similar to tin foil on a filling in your tooth. You can buy scrap copper tube from the scrap yard much cheaper than slug tape ( of which, there are fake brands without any copper in them), bash it flat and bend it into a bangle. Place this around the base of the stem to prevent 90% of the damage and cut back neighbouring vegetation to stop them crawling from plant to plant.

Top tip;

Mother nature will do all the work, just respect all her efforts; animal, vegetable, fungal and spiritual (ie:pick up the litter, don't leave it) they all play their part. The deal is this, the plant BELONGS to the wild, you get a share of the rewards BECAUSE you put in the effort!

Although not a bible type of person, I have two quotations from it relating to GG,

"Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers, that you do unto me".

"By the sweat of thy brow shall thou eat thy bread"

(I should point out that I am completely oiled right now, :drool: hope this reads like it was meant!) lol

Edited by Slippery, 18 March 2015 - 08:23 PM.

• Mrs Willy, Up2nogood, The Dude Abides and 7 others like this

#16 Sprink

Sprink

Harletan

• Respected User
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 08:59 PM

There's no doubt sprink, there is no subsitute for experience but you will probably get a decent haul from your first year.Last years harvest was good to me and if I draw a complete blank this year,still have enough to last me 'till 2016. I cant grow indoors so it's my only source. I can't remember the last time I paid for it and prefer my own organic sun grown to any I've tasted.

The genes are the most important thing when GGing and anything from HFH will do you proud. One thing I always rant and rave about is slug pellets. I don't believe it's right to go find a place in our beautiful countryside that is practically untouched by human hands and scatter poison.

FACT;

You will never raise outdoor plants without damage from slugs, thrips, leaf miners etc (don't try, don't worry), if you leave the plant to aquire it's own entourage of creatures as any wild plant growing next to it does, they will prey on each other and keep a natural balance. You will find emerald green spiders on your palnts, I don't know what they are or what they eat, but they seem to love weed and are always present, don't do what a nob did on the other place and spray them all with pesticide, remember that you will be consuming the weed that you spray with shite!

FACT;

Slugs and snails are repelled by copper, it causes an electric shock when their slime comes into contact with it similar to tin foil on a filling in your tooth. You can buy scrap copper tube from the scrap yard much cheaper than slug tape ( of which, there are fake brands without any copper in them), bash it flat and bend it into a bangle. Place this around the base of the stem to prevent 90% of the damage and cut back neighbouring vegetation to stop them crawling from plant to plant.

Top tip;

Mother nature will do all the work, just respect all her efforts; animal, vegetable, fungal and spiritual (ie:pick up the litter, don't leave it) they all play their part. The deal is this, the plant BELONGS to the wild, you get a share of the rewards BECAUSE you put in the effort!

Although not a bible type of person, I have two quotations from it relating to GG,

"Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers, that you do unto me".

"By the sweat of thy brow shall thou eat thy bread"

(I should point out that I am completely oiled right now, :drool: hope this reads like it was meant!) lol

Hey Slippery, great advice mate, makes perfect sense :)

I learned from my gardening exploits last year that you just have to let it all happen. It would be perfect if it wasn't for those tiny caterpillars that make a home in new nodes. Bastards!

Yeah I think I'll try real copper though, cos that tape isn't very good.

Unfortunately, everything around here is very much touched. There's Tyskie cans galore, old clothes, shopping trolleys & god knows what else.

No needles though, so that's something.

I'll certainly do my bit, whilst sweating for my bud :)

• The Dude Abides, the old lady, Slippery and 2 others like this

#17 the old lady

the old lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 10:50 PM

Sounds like a good plan @Sprink - not long now - good luck :)

Good post @Slippery - I totally agree :nod:

TOL

• The Dude Abides, Slippery, Sprink and 1 other like this

#18 Lousizzle

Lousizzle

get $$$ f$ck Women

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 02:30 AM

already got my clones and like 3 spots ooooo its on 2015 summer fuck the law...... hahahahahaha :shoot:  :shoot:  :shoot:

• Sprink likes this

#19 wonkeydonkeymonster

wonkeydonkeymonster

BAKED NOT FRIED

• Respected User
  • 2,362 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 05:32 AM

Also its worth getting some fake flowers with that twisty wire on the end and tie em to the plant in different places to help make it not so obvious from ground or air.
  • Sprink and Lousizzle like this

#20 Sprink

Sprink

Harletan

• Respected User
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 12:12 PM

It's all over for me this year.

Some plants got swamped by giant weeds, some dried out & some got flame-throwered (for real)

Piss poor planning really, and I didn't really have time at the crucial moments.

Still, there's always next year and I have 3 promising spots.

If I'm doing it, then I'll be at those spots digging and putting down weed control fabric before the year is out.

On a side note, those HFH seeds germed really well and I had a high female %. They were in the fridge for months.

Luckily I still got a couple of sneaky plants in my greenhouse. No idea what they are, but they should give me something.

• The Dude Abides, MrPokesmot, the old lady and 4 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.