• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Looky

Looky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 07:09 PM

Hey people, im Going to be starting a new autoflower grow outdoors in pots in the garden this year so getting as much information as i can and wanted to know before rather than when its too late.

(before anyone says, I have and always try googling/using the search for info before writing a post, but i cant find a decent specific answer. I know some people on forums get mad at people who dont search lol)

I wanted to know what to use on the plants to prevent any mold or pests, preferably a spray on product or homemade stuff that i can put into a spray bottle. Would want something that is safe to use on the plant in flower and vegging times. And is it safe to get on the bud or not?
I live in the UK so need stuff i can buy/make over here, alot of stuff i have read elsewhere has been american products.

Thanks!
  • The Dude Abides, KiefKat and Zipp like this

#2 KiefKat

KiefKat

TGC DJ

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,620 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 07:29 PM

If you are trying to avoid mould, my advice is to stay away from autos outdoors! By the time they start to flower in the UK the humidity is too high for them. Some photoperiod strains finish nearly as quick as autos but have better resistance to mould, such as Hybrids From Hell (most if not all strains) and Dutch Passion's Passion#1 and Frisian Dew.

As regards spraying your plants, I think @duke tried using a bicarbonate of soda solution on his plants this year. Here's the link to that thread

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops and Slippery like this

#3 Zipp

Zipp

Coco Automatic Mod'ness

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,278 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 07:39 PM

Hi Jack welcome to the forum mate , just start a diary mate and we'll help you through your grow

best advice from me is keep in containers and keep an eye on them :D :bigjoint: :bigjoint:

• The Dude Abides, duke and KiefKat like this

#4 Looky

Looky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 07:57 PM

Cool thanks for the advice guys, will be first grow hopefully i wont get any pests or mold but thought i better have the info how to deal with it incase either possess the plants haa. I saw naam oil is ment to be good to prevent, but people said only spray it on the plant before it buds. But i thought what about when its budding? Cos pests will still attack
  • The Dude Abides, KiefKat and Zipp like this

#5 Zipp

Zipp

Coco Automatic Mod'ness

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,278 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:03 PM

Cool thanks for the advice guys, will be first grow hopefully i wont get any pests or mold but thought i better have the info how to deal with it incase either possess the plants haa. I saw naam oil is ment to be good to prevent, but people said only spray it on the plant before it buds. But i thought what about when its budding? Cos pests will still attack

lol your worrying to much before you've even started , one of the ones i remember is trounce but never used it and can be used in flower but check stoner memory lol :bigjoint: :bigjoint:

• The Dude Abides and KiefKat like this

#6 KiefKat

KiefKat

TGC DJ

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,620 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:04 PM

Growing outdoors you can't worry too much about bugs, they will get to your plants but most won't do any major damage (the last couple of years growing outdoors I've had no more bug damage than some pinprick holes in the leaves). Mould is the worst problem you are probably going to encounter and it's heart breaking to see your buds go mouldy.

I've tried autos both this year and last, harvested some buds both times (mould hit both times and I chopped early) but got a much higher yield from photo period plants growing for almost the same length of time.

• Mrs Willy, The Dude Abides and Zipp like this

#7 Looky

Looky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:08 PM

Ah yeh i suppose i am actually, i just dont want to be a noob when i start and be panicing if something goes wrong, would rather be prepared with knowledge to handle the situation, haha.
Probably going to go with sin tra bajo (barneys farm seeds) high in cbd anti anxiety, might make me worry less once ive smoked some of that.
  • Mrs Willy, The Dude Abides, KiefKat and 1 other like this

#8 Looky

Looky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:14 PM

Growing outdoors you can't worry too much about bugs, they will get to your plants but most won't do any major damage (the last couple of years growing outdoors I've had no more bug damage than some pinprick holes in the leaves). Mould is the worst problem you are probably going to encounter and it's heart breaking to see your buds go mouldy.
I've tried autos both this year and last, harvested some buds both times (mould hit both times and I chopped early) but got a much higher yield from photo period plants growing for almost the same length of time.

Awh yeh i bet the mould is heartbreaking man. What sort of yeild did you get from your autos and photos per plant? Also Is that in the UK outdoors where you done your photo period plants? Ive been under the impression autos are the way to go for outdoor uk.
  • The Dude Abides, KiefKat and Slippery like this

#9 KiefKat

KiefKat

TGC DJ

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,620 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:28 PM

I'm in the west of Ireland, pretty much the same climate as mid/north UK, perhaps a bit wetter here.

You will harvest something from an auto, but you will need to keep a very close eye on it when it's close to finishing.

With photoperiod plants the strain is crucial for outdoors, and even then, if we get a very wet Aug/Sept/Oct not always successful.

However, with autos I've gotten a couple of ounces of bud off the first (was a freebie and I'm not sure of the strain) and about 4 off the RQS White Widow auto this year (had planted more but the bastard slugs ate them :( ) whereas with photo's I pulled about 16 ounces from 2 DP Passion#1 in a polytunnel grow year before last and 4-6 ounces per plant this year without the tunnel because the wind tore it to shreds over the winter!

• The Dude Abides and Slippery like this

#10 Looky

Looky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:34 PM

Thats a decent turn out man! I think for my first time im going to go with autos only going to do 2 at once cos want to keep an eye on them properly.

Bet you wer gutted when you saw the slugs had em away. I heard a few inches of vaseline around the bottom of the pot stops the slugs/snails getting in.
  • The Dude Abides and KiefKat like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.