strumming my banjo

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:51 AM

Attached File  spider air stone.JPG   119.06KB   1 downloads

The Blurb...

12cm Air Injection technology  AIT Spider

The idea behind the Air Injection Technology is to defuse the air into the water more evenly and focuses more on maximum bubble count rather than larger bubbles. AIT has many times more bubbles diffused in the water than a traditional air stone.

The AIT Spider will provide more air and oxygen than an air stone. It is designed to fit a 20 litre bucket and is truly state-of-the-art for growing DWC.

Increased root growth and overall yield

Minimum air pump: 2 Litres per minute.

Anyone used one? What are people's thoughts...?

Come payday I have to buy another bucket, pump, etc....is it worth paying the extra £6 for the above?

Cheers

MB

#2 RastaMouse

RastaMouse

DABHEAD

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:36 PM

Not used one myself but I reckon it would be alot better than the normal air stones imo.

I used 2 air stones (twin pump) and still seamed like I could still put a couple more in.
But that spider one looks brilliant will keep an eye out if i go back to dwc definitely worth I'd say.

Hope that helps :D

Peace
  • Monty Bong likes this

#3 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:29 PM

Kind of hard to read...

Untitled_1.png
  • Monty Bong, KiefKat and RastaMouse like this

#4 Monty Bong

Monty Bong

strumming my banjo

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:42 PM

Not used one myself but I reckon it would be alot better than the normal air stones imo.

I used 2 air stones (twin pump) and still seamed like I could still put a couple more in.
But that spider one looks brilliant will keep an eye out if i go back to dwc definitely worth I'd say.

Hope that helps :D

Peace

Cheers Rastamouse, that was my kind of thinking, more bubbles = more oxygen = faster more vigorous  growth rate. 

Kind of hard to read...

Untitled_1.png

It's a copy and paste from ebay, I can see it alright in my post,.......must be summink up with your PC Missy  :D 

Here's the link       http://www.ebay.co.u...=item234983f8c4

I think it is meant for the soil air injection system,

Check it out on you tube, dont know if it works or not, but i reckon you could rustle up the same thinj with some connectors, hose and a hose punch

Hi badbillybob, on ebay they're advertising it to be used for DWC, but I think you're right it does have other applications. Cheers for the youtube link, I'll have a look.

• RastaMouse likes this

#5 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:42 PM

It's a copy and paste from ebay, I can see it alright in my post,.......must be summink up with your PC Missy  :D

More likely, it's the pasting of formatted text/HTML and not thinking of how it looks on the other skins — Not everyone uses the one with white text on a dark background ;)

To be fair, though, it's probably not the behaviour one would expect when just pasting something into a web form, although the WYSIWYG editor should show what it looks like (and the plain-text editor pastes plain text anyway).
  • Monty Bong likes this

#6 Monty Bong

Monty Bong

strumming my banjo

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:09 PM

More likely, it's the pasting of formatted text/HTML and not thinking of how it looks on the other skins — Not everyone uses the one with white text on a dark background ;)

To be fair, though, it's probably not the behaviour one would expect when just pasting something into a web form, although the WYSIWYG editor should show what it looks like (and the plain-text editor pastes plain text anyway).

Thank you Missy, I'm not sure what all of that means, but I now know where I went wrong now so thanks again.  :) 

What's your opinion please, same powered pump, more bubbles, more oxygen to the roots = bigger, faster growing plants?

The simple ideas are usually the best......this looks pretty simple..

They're even saying it doubles the growth rate in soil,,,

True? Bullshit?  What are peoples opinions please? 

£7 a pop inc postage, I think I'm going to have get one  :nod:

MB

#7 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:12 PM

What's your opinion please, same powered pump, more bubbles, more oxygen to the roots = bigger, faster growing plants

When attempting to dissolve gas into liquid, I believe that smaller bubbles are better than larger ones, because they'll have a greater surface-area:volume ratio, and it's definitely true that increasing the oxygen supply to the roots of hydroponically-grown plants improves growth. But other than that, and especially whether these devices work in soil, I don't know.

Sorry.
  • Monty Bong likes this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.