11 replies to this topic

#1 smokin soul

smokin soul

droplets of yes and no in an ocean of maybe

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:27 PM

anyone ever heard anything about this strain apart from whats on the dutch passion site? really strange looking leaves, not at all classic weed shaped but maybe that would help it blend in with its surroundings while vegging? more research is needed but might well have at crack these :)

• 2scoops, duke, KiefKat and 1 other like this

#2 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:32 PM

Ducksfoot cannabis has been about for a while now, looks more like nettles and naturally comes from Russia/Ukraine or somewhere similar. Up till now it's always been a bit looked over as it wasn't actually strong at all from what I remember. 

Have DP been dabbling about with them then?

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, smokin soul and 2 others like this

#3 smokin soul

smokin soul

droplets of yes and no in an ocean of maybe

• Respected User
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:56 PM

yeah looks like it GB, i'd not heard of ducksfoot, learned something new today! no mention on there of THC or CBD, pretty looking plant tho, will try to find some more info

• Budgie, The Dude Abides, duke and 4 others like this

#4 The Clone Ranger

The Clone Ranger

THE YORKSHIRE PUDDING

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:09 PM

quote from wonkeydonkeymonster......

So i take it this is a cross of frisian dew and ducks foot? Good to see a good aussie strain being crossed (ducks foot ) breeder wally duck. I grew out ducks foot for my second grow and yes the leaf structure is webbed it doesnt look rite but the ducks foot was a great smoke and easy grower more of a outdoor plant but i grew her indoor and no complaints. Im def ordering some of these. Ducks foot has been around for a while but more known here in australia. Only problem with the duckfoot leaf structure was i had to trim off some leafs so enough light could penetrait to the bottom the webbing gets in the way of precoius lumens penetraiting to the bottom but with a lil trim i had no probs. 

these are on my to do list this year as are a few more others ...

Attached Files

• Budgie, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 5 others like this

#5 Pistachio

Pistachio

Filth Wizard.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:55 PM

Ok - I'm liking the stealth.

How smelly is she?

• Budgie, smokin soul, duke and 2 others like this

#6 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:02 PM

oi oi reprobates :P

totally speculative but if we were to obtain a few packs who would be interested in growing some outdoors this year?

@Pistachio, just the same as usual when they get to that later budding phase. The buds/calyxes grow as normal strains do just the leafs that are different and not so obvious. They'd do great in the middle of a nettle patch though with those leafs?

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, smokin soul and 5 others like this

#7 The Clone Ranger

The Clone Ranger

THE YORKSHIRE PUDDING

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:15 PM

there on my to list this year maybe try the original frisian dew, and a few more types i did some beans last year just as a trial and they grew big and healthy, but the downside on having beans given ya dont know 100% what ya getting, so all fem tried and tested beans this year for the ranger......

• Budgie, duke and wonkeydonkeymonster like this

#8 Pistachio

Pistachio

Filth Wizard.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:37 AM

Cheers GB.

Love this picture From the Dutch Passion website) - I'd probably not notice this myself.

gallery_437_169_143199.jpg

• Budgie, The Dude Abides, smokin soul and 3 others like this

#9 wonkeydonkeymonster

wonkeydonkeymonster

BAKED NOT FRIED

• Respected User
  • 2,362 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:35 AM

Hi all
Aussie ducksfoot is good, not fantastic but still good. Sturdy plant can take alot of abuse and tbh mine stunk to all hell u can smell it from a while away. i orded 3 seeds of frisian duck. i will be growing em out nexf season.

Edited by wonkeydonkeymonster, 23 January 2015 - 11:36 AM.

• Budgie, The Dude Abides, smokin soul and 2 others like this

#10 HMR

HMR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:24 AM

quote from wonkeydonkeymonster......

So i take it this is a cross of frisian dew and ducks foot? Good to see a good aussie strain being crossed (ducks foot ) breeder wally duck. I grew out ducks foot for my second grow and yes the leaf structure is webbed it doesnt look rite but the ducks foot was a great smoke and easy grower more of a outdoor plant but i grew her indoor and no complaints. Im def ordering some of these. Ducks foot has been around for a while but more known here in australia. Only problem with the duckfoot leaf structure was i had to trim off some leafs so enough light could penetrait to the bottom the webbing gets in the way of precoius lumens penetraiting to the bottom but with a lil trim i had no probs. 

these are on my to do list this year as are a few more others ...

I know it's been a year since you made this post, but do you still have ducksfoot seeds? Since wally lost his grow I believe it fell off the face of the earth, haven't been able to find anyone with it anymore. Honestly, if a breeder came back with a pure ducksfoot seed stock, it'd be in high demand. Definitely something you should keep your hands on if you have it still. 

• Budgie, 2scoops and smokin soul like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: outdoor, dutch passion

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.