68 replies to this topic

#1 Vmax

Vmax

Oily

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:17 AM

Meet with a patient from Sweden yesterday, he was raided on the strength of his electric usage, digital meter I assume. Be careful people.  

• Budgie, mellowed, The Dude Abides and 5 others like this

#2 mellowed

mellowed

The Untroubled One

• Sleeping Mods
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:33 AM

I did wonder if these new smart meters would start catching folk out. Now i know :)
  • duke likes this

#3 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,007 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:38 AM

just get a mig welder and stick it in your garage and if asked you use it regular for hobby welding big consumption covered or take up pottery and buy electric kiln,peace

• mellowed, fairy, wonkeydonkeymonster and 1 other like this

#4 Vmax

Vmax

Oily

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:15 AM

12/12 pinged up, fuckers.

• mellowed, duke and Zipp like this

#5 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:21 AM

If they started going by 12/12 we all have to grow autos and keep irregular times, I dont have a smart meter yet though and no plans to get one till they force us.

• mellowed, Zipp, fairy and 1 other like this

#6 mellowed

mellowed

The Untroubled One

• Sleeping Mods
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:22 AM

Smart water meters will be the next one trapping folks :(
Especially if ya running 200+ltrs once a week at res change.
I wish folk would think before taking these things out.
Only yesterday i was reading how your voice activated tv can record all conversations in the room and send the data off to thrid party for them to listen top :(

Who needs a policeman or mi6 when we are openly letting these little spy devices freely into our homes and letting them record all about our lives.
And the worst thing is.
All these little gadgets that are catching people out come with there own little usage charge as well.
Thats right.
We are paying for them to spy on us. Simple as that.
And dont get me started on the little black box the insurance twats want in ever car now.
No tah.
  • Dekay, The Dude Abides, hazed bunny and 16 others like this

#7 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,007 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 02:18 PM

12/12 pinged up, fuckers.

i hadnt thought of that but we are lucky as we are prepayment meter it doesnt do smart shit!for once the bit about the welder is actually true in my case,makes you wonder what else we stoners miss that give the game away dont it?

• Dekay, Roy Cropper, fairy and 2 others like this

#8 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:06 PM

Just tell Mr Smart meter fitting man to go do one, cus you don`t think his meter is smarter than the one you have, basically to do one tell him you not having it fitted, its my house, get outa here. If you already got one fitted then fook knows if your worried about it that much then maybe LED would be the way.

Talkimng of all this smart shit, man i was watching tv news last night and samsung smart tv`s can here what you saying, apparently they sell info to third parties, fook me, i got one of those telly`s i think, how the fuck can i tell if my samsung smart tv is listening to me then, scary.

• The Dude Abides, duke, Roy Cropper and 4 others like this

#9 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:18 PM

samsung smart tv`s can here what you saying, apparently they sell info to third parties

They don't sell it (or so they say). They use a third party to provide the voice-recognition service.

how the fuck can i tell if my samsung smart tv is listening to me

Microphone icon on the screen :)
  • The Dude Abides, 2scoops, duke and 2 others like this

#10 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:33 PM

They don't sell it (or so they say). They use a third party to provide the voice-recognition service.

Microphone icon on the screen :)

Just been diggimng on my model and it was the one b4 voice recognition, so were good i think here, i can`t see no mic icon on screen, tbh i`ve never messed or played around with it and knowing what i know now if i was to buy a new tv i`d just get a standard latest LED with no extra`s like 3d or smart which are very limited to the manufacterer so basically i can only get smasung apps, but yes i`d just buy an android tv box and set that with a nice LED tv then you got everything app wise. Smart tv = load of expensive shite.

Been reading manual it has bluetooth the lot which is handy for wireless speakers etc, pity i don`t know how to find it or work it then i could maybe bluetooth my tunes through it from pc, might carry on reading. :)

• cannamancan likes this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.