#11 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:38 PM

Smart water meters will be the next one trapping folks :(
Especially if ya running 200+ltrs once a week at res change.

Interesting point, but I think this is unlikely simply because such meters are often in the sreet and have no power source. (Or, maybe they'll fit little hydro-electric turbines in the meters?)

Who needs a policeman or mi6 when we are openly letting these little spy devices freely into our homes and letting them record all about our lives.
And the worst thing is.
All these little gadgets that are catching people out come with there own little usage charge as well.
Thats right.
We are paying for them to spy on us. Simple as that.

1960:

"I have a great idea! Lets have every person in the country carry a radio tracking beacon!"

"Don't be silly! Nobody will agree to that!"

2012:

"I can has TWO iphones?!"
  • mellowed, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 10 others like this

#12 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:43 PM

Just been diggimng on my model and it was the one b4 voice recognition, so were good i think here, i can`t see no mic icon on screen, tbh i`ve never messed or played around with it

It's only those TVs with voice-recognition that have it :)

knowing what i know now if i was to buy a new tv i`d just get a standard latest LED with no extra`s like 3d or smart which are very limited to the manufacterer so basically i can only get smasung apps, but yes i`d just buy an android tv box and set that with a nice LED tv then you got everything app wise. Smart tv = load of expensive shite.
Been reading manual it has bluetooth the lot which is handy for wireless speakers etc, pity i don`t know how to find it or work it then i could maybe bluetooth my tunes through it from pc, might carry on reading. :)

I, too, would get a decent flat-panel display and a little HTPC to sit underneath it — Very probably running Windows.

There's a good chance I'd still end up with my current Sony, though, because I bought that solely on the strength of its picture quality and DLNA playback, without regard to the rest of it :)
  • Dekay, 2scoops, fairy and 1 other like this

#13 mellowed

mellowed

The Untroubled One

• Sleeping Mods
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:49 PM

Interesting point, but I think this is unlikely simply because such meters are often in the sreet and have no power source. (Or, maybe they'll fit little hydro-electric turbines in the meters?)

1960:

"I have a great idea! Lets have every person in the country carry a radio tracking beacon!"

"Don't be silly! Nobody will agree to that!"

2012:

"I can has TWO iphones?!"

They go outside your house next to the stop cock an collect the data there 24/7. They can see how much and roughtly when as well :(
http://www.thameswat...eases/17391.htm
http://www.teresapea...questions-faqs/
  • usibl likes this

#14 mellowed

mellowed

The Untroubled One

• Sleeping Mods
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:53 PM

Intresting read if you dont want a meter but they tell you its a law and you have to except it.

http://stopsmartmeters.org.uk/
  • 2scoops likes this

#15 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:00 PM

Intresting read if you dont want a meter but they tell you its a law and you have to except it.

http://stopsmartmeters.org.uk/

I think that's only for electricity meters.

Are smart meters compulsory?

Under Thames Water’s universal metering programme it is mandatory for a meter to be installed to domestic premises if it is possible. Their policy is to install smart meters.

The legislation enabling a water company to install meters can be found in Section 162 (works in connection with metering) of the Water Industry Act 1991, which grants permission for water companies to meter domestic premises on a compulsory basis in areas which have been determined by the Secretary of State to be of serious water stress (this includes the Thames Water Region).

-- http://www.teresapea...questions-faqs/

• The Dude Abides likes this

#16 mellowed

mellowed

The Untroubled One

• Sleeping Mods
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:00 PM

Ow i missed that bit :(

#17 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:01 PM

They go outside your house next to the stop cock an collect the data there 24/7. They can see how much and roughtly when as well :(
http://www.thameswat...eases/17391.htm
http://www.teresapea...questions-faqs/

Hmmm... So maybe the answer is to fill the (or a spare) reservoir slowly over a couple of days?

I wonder when metering like this will spread outside of London/Thames Water area?
  • mellowed and Dekay like this

#18 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:14 PM

Yes Missy i here you on a great picci quality, in fact that would be my number one factor if buying again and i like the HTC idea lots in fact i like look of those set ups.

• usibl likes this

#19 mellowed

mellowed

The Untroubled One

• Sleeping Mods
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:18 PM

They will think its a leak if theres a constant dribble for a week.
Best bet would be ten ltrs a day into a spare res every day.

They do have them up here. ...well middle earth anyway.
I was offered one when we switched suppliers recently but gently let them down.
  • 2scoops and usibl like this

#20 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:22 PM

200+ltrs

That's about 40 gallons, which is about the size of a standard bath :)

I doubt that would flag up very much.
  • Budgie, mellowed, Slippery and 1 other like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.