• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#21 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:13 AM

Again its a case of they havent got the resources to catch us all they would use any such system to systematically pick the largest abusers as in largest use of electricity if i am running one 600 the person running 2 will get busted but on a higher level and may even not want to pick up a little 600 watts of power surging for 12 hours, sometimes we are the reason the media drives a frenzy because we started it, they wont be arresting even if they use this system all of us over night, i not fucking worried you cant be made out as a farm when its not and direct confrontation with the law always is fun at end of day, I still hold out hope that we will turn a corner soon but dont hold my breath and dont care what anyone says i can do and will do it even if they listening, will just do it quietly.

• Mrs Willy, mellowed, 2scoops and 6 others like this

#22 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:14 AM

And its not hard to block, bypass and forge results from devices relying on transmitting :P

• 2scoops, W.S, Roy Cropper and 3 others like this

#23 KiefKat

KiefKat

TGC DJ

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,620 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:47 PM

Interesting point, but I think this is unlikely simply because such meters are often in the sreet and have no power source. (Or, maybe they'll fit little hydro-electric turbines in the meters?

The company I work for has been looking at monitoring the use of all resources (power, water), most of the meters I've seen run off a battery that lasts 6 months plus - but these are designed for monitoring big buildings internally, not residential units.
  • Dekay, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 2 others like this

#24 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,585 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 08:27 PM

Intresting read if you dont want a meter but they tell you its a law and you have to except it.

http://stopsmartmeters.org.uk/

It`s not law though so you can`t be forced to have one by anyone, it was law or gonna be law under the last lot (Labour)  and they were gonna force it upon us, but this lot in charge shy`ed away from making it law, although the leccy peeps are still pushing it upon us and if i remember rightly every house should have one fitted by 201_, fucking forgot date, i think lol.

#25 DutchPassionTony

DutchPassionTony

Starting out

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 02:21 PM

There are 2 options.  To reduce electricity consumption it could be worth considering LED, especially the latest generation of ultra efficient LEDs which use a half the energy, or less, compared to HPS.

If the smart meters really can discern 12/12 usage peaks in power , then would growing autos on a 20/4 (or even 24/0) cycles defeat them? Just suggestions.

• Dekay, 2scoops, revert and 1 other like this

#26 Woodfire

Woodfire

Old thctalk member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:21 PM

We just got some electric statement through says our estimated usage in last 12 months was 22,081kwh last year we used 21,019kwh this is all on a prepaid key weve never had them say anything to use about high usage if this is even high compared to you lot?

#27 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,585 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:06 PM

We just got some electric statement through says our estimated usage in last 12 months was 22,081kwh last year we used 21,019kwh this is all on a prepaid key weve never had them say anything to use about high usage if this is even high compared to you lot?

I got one these too, but get them every quarter and i use a pre-paid key like yourself, they estimasted my usage upto end of the year using my previous years use when i did 2 or 3 grows and cus i`d only done one grow it was way down, they said i needed to use a stupid ammount of leccy in the 3 months left which i had no chance of doing or i`d owe them a daft ammoint of cash, cheeky cunts i thought, it`s pre-paid, so i slung it in the bin.

• Dekay, W.S and thcdudeuk like this

#28 Woodfire

Woodfire

Old thctalk member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:51 PM

they tried to rip us off whenwe first moved in we didn't know we had to phone the electric company up with meter reading so we ended up paying just over 100 off somebody else's usage they put that as debt on the meter we basically paid it all back the bang it had jumped back up so phoned them and they said they didn't know why it had gone back up and took it off then a while later we got a letter saying we owed them again I was like I pre pay at extra price and now they saying I owe them more and if it don't go on my meter in 7days to phone them and they will put the debt on I never phoned them and haven't heard anything since, I've never really been concerned by my electric usage as I'll just blame the storage heaters but my mate has recently set up a 6 600w tent in his 2bed flat so we will see if he gets raided for electric usage in there I live in 2 bed house and never had a problem with amount I use only the amount they try to added on for nothing.
  • 2scoops likes this

#29 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,585 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 03:18 PM

What about all the other stuff these days

3 bed house, still might house more people
Multiple devices to charge these days (I have)
Gaming. PC with large PSU (I have) 750w
Nas with multiple discs on all the time. ( I have)
Home server ( I have a nas but some may require this too)
Other pets, like fish tank(I don't)
Plasma tv draws 400w power( I got a new one one so it's lower)
Picture stands with changing photos (I don't)

Could be other things requiring power

So they would be making mistakes if raiding solely alone on that, could always help them with their investigation or twig them to investigate.

And the toothbrush.

• thcdudeuk likes this

#30 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 03:25 PM

Plasma tv

Almost no-one makes these any more :(

Even Panasonic have given up :(

It's all heading towards 50 Watt LCD/LED stuff thse days.
  • Dekay and LegalizeMe like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.