14 replies to this topic

#1 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:56 AM

Anyone know anything about these ip security camera`s you can put outdoors that stream to your phone, a bit info and some nicely priced ones would help lots, bare in mind i`m not clued up with this stuff, so all help appreciated guys, thinking of beefing up my house security. :)

• The Dude Abides, smokin soul and Zipp like this

#2 smokin soul

smokin soul

droplets of yes and no in an ocean of maybe

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:14 PM

hi jimmi, are you getting a bit parra mate? ;)  

im no expert but recently put up a system at my dads place when he was having neighbour problems, the first thing i'd say is get a wired camera, we started off with wireless ones but they pick up a lot of interference, especially from TV's (and theres always a tv close by!) 

we swapped those out for some of these

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2a28eda9aa

these are really good picture quality both day and night, they have a manual zoom so can get good close up views of exactly where you need to be looking.

they're fitted with infra red lamps which were ok for about 20 ft but we needed to see a bit further than that so added an IR floodlight as well and that really lit the place up!

don't know much about the smartphone side of things, all the docs said it was "easy" to set up but im a bit of a technophobe, plus dad said he didn't need it so i dodged that particular bullet :)

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops and duke like this

#3 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:31 PM

It's ages since I looked at these, but I seem to remember that an outfit named Tenvis do some reasonably-priced kit.
  • 2scoops and smokin soul like this

#4 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:34 PM

we swapped those out for some of these
http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2a28eda9aa

[snip]

don't know much about the smartphone side of things

Those are analogue video cameras, and output a standard CVBS signal :)
  • 2scoops and smokin soul like this

#5 smokin soul

smokin soul

droplets of yes and no in an ocean of maybe

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:42 PM

so no need for a DVR anymore then! i'm so far behind the times! 

• 2scoops likes this

#6 Up2nogood

Up2nogood

Just call me Sir

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:14 PM

I have 2 IP camera Jimmy and have them on my pc and android. My Mobile goes everywhere with me,even to the loo to keep a eye on my garden.

You usually get software with it  to get into the settings.

I have one wired and one wireless.

I have a Tenvis  make and are ok for inside but outside forget it.

It's ok during the day but night time the one in my bedroom shows the light from the lens and spoils the view as you only see a bright light reflecting

on the window so I have taped that up.

You can get the pics to go to your email but you need to set that up and to know the settings for your email  as you need to know the pop ect

I turned mine off because it tookm a pic every time a car went past,did me in lol

• 2scoops likes this

#7 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:32 PM

I have a Tenvis  make and are ok for inside but outside forget it.
It's ok during the day but night time the one in my bedroom shows the light from the lens and spoils the view as you only see a bright light reflecting
on the window so I have taped that up.

This sounds like you have a camera inside, pointing out through a window — Is that right?

I think that they work OK when mouted outdoors (i.e. not looking through a window, which reflects the IR LEDs, and will probably happen to all such devices).
  • Up2nogood and 2scoops like this

#8 Up2nogood

Up2nogood

Just call me Sir

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:33 PM

This sounds like you have a camera inside, pointing out through a window — Is that right?

I think that they work OK when mouted outdoors (i.e. not looking through a window, which reflects the IR LEDs).

Yes it's inside right by the window so it reflects but only thing I can do,I don't want people seeing the leds as you can spot red leds a fair way away

• 2scoops likes this

#9 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:47 PM

Thanks lads n lasses, i`ll take a butchers at those tenvis, see what they like and such. Could do with IR  motion sensor type that move and follow movement around if picked up. but yes ill take a butchers. :)

• Mrs Willy likes this

#10 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:50 PM

So these tenvis outdoor ir camera`s i lookimng at in fleabay now, if i bought 2, is it just a case of wiringt them to the leccy and connecting to my tinternet, basically or do i need other stuff with it ? cheers peeps.

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.