#1 CaTz

CaTz

We're all mad here.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:16 PM

5mzvnm.jpg

Well the new Formula One Season is nearly upon us, and already they are dropping like "Flies" well not so much like flies, Alonso will be sitting out the 1st Race(Melbourne) which is a shame..Marussia(Manor) have by the looks of things made it to the Grid(will shall see eh?) I think they are still having to use "Marussia" name to receive last years Prize monies.?. Manor are backed by Stephen Fitzpatrick and the involvement of former Sainsbury boss Justin King...SOoo hopefully they will continue to improve and still be with us next year?

and Some News...well "old-ish" News now...

Alonso out of Australian GP

2yvwkfp.jpg

McLaren have confirmed that Fernando Alonso won't race in the season-opening Australian GP following his accident in Barcelona.

The Spaniard crashed his McLaren MP4-30 into the wall at the exit of Turn 3 at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya and was airlifted to hospital where it was revealed that he suffered a concussion, resulting in him spending three nights in hospital.

He was forced to miss the final pre-season test in Barcelona last week with the team giving him time to recuperate ahead of the first race of the season on 15 March. However, McLaren have announced that doctors have advised Alonso to rest more and Kevin Magnussen will now take his place in Melbourne.

A statement from the team read: "Having performed an exhaustive series of tests and scans - some of them as recently as yesterday evening - McLaren-Honda driver Fernando Alonso's doctors have informed him that they find him asymptomatic of any medical issue; that they see no evidence whatsoever of any injury; and that they therefore describe him as entirely healthy from neurological and cardiac perspectives alike.

"However, Fernando’s doctors have recommended to him that, following the concussion he sustained in a testing accident at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya on February 22nd, for the time being he should seek to limit as far as is possible any environmental risk factors that could potentially result in his sustaining another concussion so soon after his previous one, so as to minimise the chances of second impact syndrome, as is normal medical procedure when treating athletes after concussions.

"In order to limit those environmental risk factors, specifically, his doctors have advised that he should not compete in the imminent Australian Grand Prix meeting, which will take place on March 13th, 14th and 15th.

"Fernando has understood and accepted that advice, and the two McLaren-Honda cars will therefore be driven in Australia by Fernando’s team-mate Jenson Button and the team’s test and reserve driver Kevin Magnussen.

"Fernando’s doctors acknowledge that he feels fit and well, and that he regards himself as ready to race, and, that being the case, they are comfortable with the fact that he has already recommenced physical training, with a view to preparing for a return to the cockpit of his McLaren-Honda car for the Malaysian Grand Prix meeting on March 27th, 28th and 29th. Indeed, his doctors are supportive of that ambition, satisfied as they are that he sustained no damage whatsoever during his testing accident on February 22nd."

Taken From http://www.planetf1.com/

Edited by CrazyCatz2012, 03 March 2015 - 05:17 PM.

• Grub, Up2nogood, The Dude Abides and 3 others like this

#2 Up2nogood

Up2nogood

Just call me Sir

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:25 PM

I would love to see Button win another championship title but can't see it happening to be honest..Vettel  didn't have a good year last year but could do this year..Hamilton,well he is good but a poor looser,hates it if he doesn't get his own way lol..

• Grub, The Dude Abides, CaTz and 2 others like this

#3 CaTz

CaTz

We're all mad here.

• Members
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:46 PM

Yeah mate, would be Great to see Button Win another WDC, but from the looks of the Honda-McLaren so far it seems "Slim" having said that..IF they can sort it out...might be a Contender? Vettel...now for Me this is going to be either Funny, Shocking OR pretty much what I expected(gawd talk about Murray Walker..i wish) But for Me Vettel still needs to earn His stripes...Un-doubtably He can drive...But after last year performance and tbh I think after the Summer break...well He underperformed to use Contract Terms to escape the Team, this and the Fact Danny Ricardo was doing a pretty good job in the same machinery...I don't think this will be a Good Year for Vettel(I could be wrong,stranger things have happend) I do Root for Lewis 1st and foremost, then button...but tbh I pretty much like all the Drivers...well apart from Vettel...not that I hate em or owt...just bit of cry baby and quits easily...IDK? everyone got their Fav and least Fav init..

tbh hate waiting for tha Bloody thing to Start...what is it 11 days to go?

atb

• Up2nogood, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 2 others like this

#4 Up2nogood

Up2nogood

Just call me Sir

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:08 PM

yeah I hate waiting but it seems to be getting longer and longer as more countries get in and get a race but I am not too fond of night time racing but I still watch it..I love Spa,one of the best circuits I reckon.

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, CaTz and 1 other like this

#5 CaTz

CaTz

We're all mad here.

• Members
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:22 PM

Spa is a Great Track, I'm not so fond of some of the newer tracks esp Russian, just looked same as a couple of other new ones...idk? Hope Germany IS still on for this year? Mexico supposed to be coming back..? This year should see more Action on track @least...now they've had a year to get to grips with new engines and so on..reckon Mercedes will still have slight edge, but then a few others are running the same power unit, and Renault and Honda will be pushing...Gawd knows Ferrari better be in better shape...every year for last few it has been...Next Year...the Car will be better next year...Alonso pushed it to the limit for the 1st couple of years...and made em look better than they was imho..though that's just Me

atb

• Up2nogood and The Dude Abides like this

#6 Up2nogood

Up2nogood

Just call me Sir

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:24 PM

I really wish they brought back the louder high pitch sound instead of this dreadfully deep pitch noise that cars make lol

• CaTz likes this

#7 CaTz

CaTz

We're all mad here.

• Members
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:31 PM

Oh don't get Me started on the "Noise" they make, kinda got used to it...But it ain't tha same(One of the few things I agree with Bernie on) IF they just tweaked tha Rules & Regs just a little more, then We the spectator could have the sound We miss so much..I did read somewhere last year one of the engineers or team principal say that even just X amount more fuel per race..could see changes that would improve the sound...was more in-depth than what I'm saying but was to do with the Engine / Turbo and Exhaust system...and few other things...bit baked and can't remember..or be arsed to Google it LoL!!

• Up2nogood likes this

#8 Up2nogood

Up2nogood

Just call me Sir

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:38 PM

Yeah and there is one big thing I miss most..I wonder if you know?

#9 Up2nogood

Up2nogood

Just call me Sir

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:43 PM

This..I don't want anyone hurt but this was one of the exciting bits about F1

• CaTz likes this

#10 CaTz

CaTz

We're all mad here.

• Members
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:51 PM

They have really tamed tha Sport down in tha last 6-8 yrs..Never good to see anyone Hurt, but in tha same token...was tha King of Speed and Danger...the Drivers know the Risks and compared to the early,early days...is far safer than was...Y'know that Final Destination Series(the one that starts @Race track..? No4?) well I got shown a Clip by my Uncle of a really bad pile up, Lemans maybe? black and white..quite famous...well the crowd didn't know what had hit em...was bad...Kinda what I used to love about Mark Webber, what a jammie aussie eh...how many times has He walked away from well...death!!

• Up2nogood likes this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.