#1 Earwig

Earwig

That's Mr Earwig to you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:44 PM

Hi mate.

I use a dr60 for drying. 4" fan, carbon filter, bits of string, jobs a good 'un. No smell, plenty of height too
  • 2scoops and LegalizeMe like this

#2 Zipp

Zipp

Coco Automatic Mod'ness

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,278 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:46 PM

if you can get a 1m2 tent that would work also when dry you could utilize the tent for vegging or a single plant monster or 4

the choices are endless buddie :bigjoint:

• LegalizeMe and fairy like this

#3 The Clone Ranger

The Clone Ranger

THE YORKSHIRE PUDDING

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:00 PM

these work a treat to bud http://www.amazon.co...ords=sock dryer pound stretcher have them in £1.99 1m x 1m x 2m tents you could fit these in fine and still have room to swing a cat but sure there is a small tent just for drying maybe a 1mx 1m x 1m cube with a 4inch extraction and a fan inside but only for the first day with the fans inside cause you will dry to quick, i usually dry as fast as i can for the first 36 hour then shut everything down and just let the suction of the CF do the work, and leave trim on the floor on newspaper

hope this help bud TCR

• LegalizeMe and fairy like this

#4 The Clone Ranger

The Clone Ranger

THE YORKSHIRE PUDDING

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:23 PM

yeh just a wee fan on for the first 24 to 36 hour to get rid of the excess moisture out of the buds, thats what will cause you the rot, temps about 21 to 23c for the first 24 to 36 hour then drop the temps to about 18c and turn the wee fan off inside the tent and let the carbon filter/ extraction do the rest of sucking the moisture out should take oat from 5 to 7 days for the stalks to snap, then should be ready to jar up,

a wee trick what my mate dose is put a newspaper on radiator to dry out really crispy then lays that down on the bottom of the tent to wick any extra moisture out if there is any...

the thing is to dry fast then dry slow,

i use a large cardboard box sealed with duck tape inside my grow room with a 12 inch pc fan in the bottom corner and string to hang my colas on and newspaper on the bottom for the smaller buds, the smaller buds always dry quicker and jar them up after about 4 days, then i trim my colas down and then place them on the newspaper to dry inside my box works a treat for me matey and would be loads cheaper than buying all that gear, and the cardboard box also acts as a moisture wick

• smokin soul, LegalizeMe and fairy like this

#5 The Clone Ranger

The Clone Ranger

THE YORKSHIRE PUDDING

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:30 PM

well i just dry mine on a line in my groom at first thats my drying fast so temps are around 22 to 24c and RH is about 50 ish with the fans blowing then i put them in my box and its a few c cooler in there and RH is about 60ish so i get my temps and RH for a slow dry, everyone says ya cant dry with the lights on for various reasons but its only for a day so should be fine ive never had a problem  even when i did the full dry in lines in my groom, the odd time i ended up with a hayish smell coming off my buds but after a day or 2 in curing jars all was well

Edited by The Clone Ranger, 12 March 2015 - 06:35 PM.

• LegalizeMe likes this

#6 The Clone Ranger

The Clone Ranger

THE YORKSHIRE PUDDING

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:34 PM

or yeh i have my pc fan on my box so its sucking air out not blowing air in

#7 Earwig

Earwig

That's Mr Earwig to you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:48 PM

I was looking at this http://www.ebay.co.u...=item58c02b55c2 if I could grab this cheap enough

Think I will consider a taller one and put a 4" fan and filter in it

@Earwig don't suppose you have a picture so I can see how you have done yours.
Is this it?
http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3f0771c2de
Do you have your filter and ducting inside the tent?

How do you string, do you need to do anything special for the string to go across.

Also what else do you have in there, just want to make sure my shopping list is right, so I am prepared

Cheers

Hi legalizeme,

I have the fan inside the tent, with the filter outside. Only reason this was to help with height when I used it as a veg tent too. Had a cfl shade that took up at least a foot of height..!

Intake is just passive.

As for the string, really nothing fancy at all. I just tie one end round a pole then pull it diagonally across the tent and tie to the other pole, I do this in an X formation about 3 times down the tent.

I how this helps/makes sense. It seemed the simplest way for my needs and has seen me well for a few years now.

I've always fancied one of those drying racks though, but can't justify the cost for a fraction less drying time
  • LegalizeMe and The Clone Ranger like this

#8 Earwig

Earwig

That's Mr Earwig to you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:42 AM

Sounds a nice way of drying billy. :)

Legalize me, to answer an earlier question, yes I put the trim and air bud on newspaper on the tent floor. Dries fine down there.
  • LegalizeMe likes this

#9 Zipp

Zipp

Coco Automatic Mod'ness

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,278 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:35 PM

just hang the bud up and check it everyday L you'll be fine . temps and rh is fine buddie

• LegalizeMe likes this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.