• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#11 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:55 PM

Oil is better than everything else I think but source matters for them all too buds should always be thrown in to ;), oil is awesome because its been heated it means its already active and doesn't need smoking so you can literally put a bit on your tongue and you away but you can run it through a joint if you dont want to be high for 12 hours lol, put it on buds to bong or buy an oil thing to do it its quite versatile and it can be added to cooking although bet you couldn't use a lot. Oil smells of alcohol while its being made, cannabutter stinks house out of weed, I not mentioning bubble because its way more trouble than its worth in comparison to both butter and oil and for so little, proper graft lol. Oil takes a while to get a swing with it but once you make enough its a lot easier and it takes up so little room , you don't have to tell people to not eat the biscuits (dangerous to leave canna cakes and biscuits around when you got kids), I am a total convert though not worried about ever running out of weed as long as I keep me trim.

• Budgie, The Dude Abides, duke and 4 others like this

#12 marque08

marque08

pretty mashed

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:35 PM

i some times think bubble has got a bad press. i see a lot of things about low yield, and being hard work. my thoughts are this, for what their worth.

i think most people think they have to mix to much or to hard/ fast. my mate tried it with some drill attachment and got next to nothing, so gave it up as a shit method. i believe his fast spinning whatever it was, mashed up the trichs to fuck  leaving him with fuck all.

the thing i use is exactly the same as something called a "bubble now machine" (except it only cost £40 not $250 LOL and was given to me as unwanted anyway) i chanced across a youtube vid called frenchys water hash (parts 1 and 2) and thought as i had the machine id give it a go. its all i really do now as im lazy. do make a bit of iso for a bit of variety now and then, but reckon its more effort than my way of bubble. and although i have never done a back to back test i really don't think the yields are all that different personally .

• Budgie, Dekay, duke and 1 other like this

#13 Dekay

Dekay

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:37 PM

i some times think bubble has got a bad press. i see a lot of things about low yield, and being hard work. my thoughts are this, for what their worth.

i think most people think they have to mix to much or to hard/ fast. my mate tried it with some drill attachment and got next to nothing, so gave it up as a shit method. i believe his fast spinning whatever it was, mashed up the trichs to fuck  leaving him with fuck all.

the thing i use is exactly the same as something called a "bubble now machine" (except it only cost £40 not $250 LOL and was given to me as unwanted anyway) i chanced across a youtube vid called frenchys water hash (parts 1 and 2) and thought as i had the machine id give it a go. its all i really do now as im lazy. do make a bit of iso for a bit of variety now and then, but reckon its more effort than my way of bubble. and although i have never done a back to back test i really don't think the yields are all that different personally .

If i had equal amounts of oil and hash the hash would be gone first though, Ive got some hash somewhere wrapped in silver foil from ages ago wonder if it still be any good :)

• Budgie, marque08 and Paulie like this

#14 marque08

marque08

pretty mashed

• Respected User
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:45 PM

@Dekay I think I read hash is ok for ages as it forms some sort of seal  around its self, sort of forms a skin? might be bollocks though. smoke it and let us know :)

• Budgie, Dekay, Pistachio and 1 other like this

#15 marque08

marque08

pretty mashed

• Respected User
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:46 PM

or do you mean soap bar lol

• Budgie and Paulie like this

#16 Dekay

Dekay

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:49 PM

@Dekay I think I read hash is ok for ages as it forms some sort of seal  around its self, sort of forms a skin? might be bollocks though. smoke it and let us know :)

I remember being told it could go off before as well lol you get told upside down is inside out and everything in this game but it is in a tin as well, even oil loses strength though they all will do that in end  :)

• Budgie and marque08 like this

#17 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:03 AM

@Dekay I think I read hash is ok for ages as it forms some sort of seal  around its self, sort of forms a skin?

It does, and wrapping it well helps, too :)

THC's biggest enemy is light, followed by oxidation.
  • Budgie, Dekay, marque08 and 2 others like this

#18 marque08

marque08

pretty mashed

• Respected User
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:04 AM

never a truer word said there mate.  I wonder how many things you could pin growers down to agreeing on lol. i have always wondered though if anyone has documented evidence of weed/hash "going off"  i always think if things like rice. picked, dried , cured(if done properly) and then kept for what can be quite a while, whilst still providing its nutrients to the people who eat it, months/years later. any dried food is similar. i know weed/hash is weed/hash not rice, but i do wonder how quickly it deteriorates and to what extent.

#19 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:11 AM

i have always wondered though if anyone has documented evidence of weed/hash "going off"

They have :)

I read a short paper by someone who had done tests on hashish stored in various locations (India comes to mind), and I seem to remember that light exposure had the greatest (and a significant) effect on potency.

But I can't find the paper now :(
  • Dekay and marque08 like this

#20 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:29 AM

From the attached paper (Long term stability of cannabis resin and cannabis extracts)...

Cannabis Resin

Acidic THC [...] degrades in an exponential manner (R² = 0.98) in both daylight and darkness with concentration halve-lives of approximately 330 and 462 days, respectively.

Neutral THC increases during the first 240 days followed by a slower decrease.

A 7–8 fold linear increase in the total CBN concentration was observed in the two room temperature groups.

The levels of total THC decrease when stored at room temperature to a final concentration of 1–2% after almost 4 years.

All measured cannabinoids, including total CBD and CBG, were stable in darkness at -20°C during the 4 years of storage.

Attached Files

• Dekay, duke, marque08 and 3 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: trim, cannabutter, oil, concentrates, what to use trim for, hash

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.