22 replies to this topic

#11 mrsDeeks

mrsDeeks

Mrs Deeks

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 11:09 PM

You should do negatives first. Use your feet to push you up there then slowly lower yourself down without help. It's harder then it sounds for your muscles but you'll build up enough strength to do them properly then!

I managed 2 doing it the negative way :) and that was after Insanity max 30 

#12 KrazyDave

KrazyDave

Organic Grower

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 12:30 AM

I managed 2 doing it the negative way :) and that was after Insanity max 30

Yay.. go you :D
  • mrsDeeks likes this

#13 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,602 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:52 PM

Get some circuit training done every day till you throw up, be fit as a butchers dog in no time at all. :)

• KrazyDave likes this

#14 KrazyDave

KrazyDave

Organic Grower

• Respected User
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:46 PM

Get some circuit training done every day till you throw up, be fit as a butchers dog in no time at all. :)

Thanks for the advice Jim, however, you get a greater metabolic boost doing strength training as your body continues to rebuild muscles after you've stopped training, burning more calories and fat, whereas once you stop running, your heart rate slows and your metabolic rate slows with it. Or is circuit training not just what I'm thinking it is I.e. running
  • 2scoops and stephen07 like this

#15 mrsDeeks

mrsDeeks

Mrs Deeks

• Banned
  • 10,342 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:41 PM

Insanity that i do is circuit training, pretty much the same anyway and plyometric training i dunno though @Dekay the expert when it comes to training in this house, my own personal trainer and nutritionist :lol:

• Dekay, 2scoops and KrazyDave like this

#16 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:54 PM

I use to jig school to go to gym was a pro BMX er before I have always been busy, if you want to stay lean you need to do as much different types of training as you can really, and walk everywhere too, and when you my age you have to double that but I am only 10 percent bodyfat, 1.6 cholestrol, and in no danger place for my age so can carry on like a teenager.

I think they found that they were wrong on metabolic rates and that the highest were people who eat the most (makes sense); the obese,  and healthy individuals had lower rates, their foods were also better (complex carbs) and didnt cause constant insulin spikes either, that alone drives fat into storage.

Plyometric training is pretty much jumping and the insanity I do is pretty much jumping for 3/4 an hour.

• 2scoops, mrsDeeks and KrazyDave like this

#17 KrazyDave

KrazyDave

Organic Grower

• Respected User
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 01:14 PM

Started with 5 min warmup footed by this...
c0a53f5910b536e50a273377abc471c0.jpg
Will do core and legs tomorrow. Time for a shake now though :D
  • Dekay and 2scoops like this

#18 stephen07

stephen07

Content

• Respected User
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 02:39 PM

Good luck with it dude.
If you go running run really long distances 20 miles a week is good for burning sound 2500 calories .
It's easy and free as well , just 1 foot in front of the other . Well that's what I'll be telling myself come April 26th :)

#19 Red eye knight

Red eye knight

Herbalist

• Respected User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:26 PM

I can just about run a bath!

Good luck though!

Rek
  • 2scoops likes this

#20 KrazyDave

KrazyDave

Organic Grower

• Respected User
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:42 PM

Good luck with it dude.
If you go running run really long distances 20 miles a week is good for burning sound 2500 calories .
It's easy and free as well , just 1 foot in front of the other . Well that's what I'll be telling myself come April 26th :)

I cant go running dude. It fucks my knees up. I might save up for a mountain bike though. I used to love cycling :)

I can just about run a bath!

Good luck though!

Rek

Thanks REK. I'm the same. I can out run the law when needed but can't run long distances. Just long enough to hide lol

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.