• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:10 PM

hi all first thanks to the dude abides for the seeds this is my first attempt at grow/smoke report so go easy and if i miss anything feel free to ask!

right i grew 5 of these in coco using dutch pro nutes and cfl for first 6 weeks on 18/6 light cycle then 250w mh for first 3 weeks of flower then 250 hps till the end,

run to waste in my drobe with stable environment so no stress factor.

from the 6 seeds all germed in a few days early growth is fairly slow and real growth spurt at 5 weeks flowered from week 7-8 from germing 12-12 light cycle of the 5 i kept all are different phenos .

1. being very sativa like in leaves and fussy feeder,

pheno 2 very much like 80s bubblegum strain smells like sweet shop and hashy if rubbed,

pheno 3 was midway indica/sat but with a very loose bud allthough this was heaviest trich coverage

pheno 4 has tiny leaves dark green nearly black and much purple on mid flower smells like hot catpiss!

pheno 5 has sativa shape leaves but grew very indica buds in both taste and effect.

main notes as far as growing the sat pheno is a very fussy feeder and needs low ec for both veg and flower or shows some twisting and burns easy.

the sat pheno shows a strong tendency to throw out nanas at about week 6-8 of flower(sat pheno would have gone much longer if no nanas)

also phenos 4 and 5 threw nanas at week 8 and nowhere near mature but in an effort to salvage something i have persisted and keep removing nanas at first sight of them how well this tactic works is yet to be proven in as much as seeing if the kali x gooey in the same drobe has been fertilised or not,so far not looking good!

i will say that all 5 phenos are worth smoking but the seeming inherant instability would not encourage me to grow this strain again.pics in my diary link in sig

any thing i missed?peace

• Budgie, Dekay, Up2nogood and 6 others like this

#2 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:32 PM

Good, honest grow report @duke, how'd they toke?

• The Dude Abides, duke and Lizardking like this

#3 weedtroll

weedtroll

NaNaNa NaNaNaNa NaNaNa NaNaNaNa

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 09:08 PM

Great Report Duke.

Shame about the nana's cos that's a cool sounding cross.

I'd like to know about the high too :D

• Budgie and duke like this

#4 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 09:27 PM

hi the only smoke so far has been quick dried and uncured so not really a fair assesment but imo the more sat dom pheno would be really strong if it was mature but my fave is the more indica pheno with the nice couchlock body stone which is missing in the sat dom pheno though yeild was smaller my vote would be the indica pheno.a better smoke report will be along later after curing,peace

• Budgie, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 2 others like this

#5 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 11:23 PM

Shame mate trainwreck is a strong strain but it did always carry the hermie trait in seeds, it was a clone only jobby, the HSO seed company got one thats close enough and decent grow if you want to get one full term, and the f8 if anyone still got them be right an all.

• weedtroll and duke like this

#6 weedtroll

weedtroll

NaNaNa NaNaNaNa NaNaNa NaNaNaNa

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 06:50 AM

Shame mate trainwreck is a strong strain but it did always carry the hermie trait in seeds, it was a clone only jobby, the HSO seed company got one thats close enough and decent grow if you want to get one full term, and the f8 if anyone still got them be right an all.

Trainwreck is one of those strains I must try out.

Shame about the clone only, Like the luton cheese as I'd love to have shot at growing some out.

I'll have to get some of the HSO seeds and give em a go sometime though.

Humboldt is another of the seed companies I could spend all day drooling over their wares :)

Was the Black Widow not a mr nice creation?  That's another I must try as White Widow is in my all time favourite list.

• Dekay, The Dude Abides and duke like this

#7 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:43 AM

Nice grow report Duke, shame about the hermies.

My mate (Jackball) grew one last year without any nanas and was a decent smoke.

WT, the Black Widow was from Mr Nice and I used a male to pollinate the Trainwreck, this came from Matt at Crazy X seeds and was labelled as S2.

All good things

TDA

• Dekay, weedtroll and duke like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: the dude adibes.black widow, trainwreck, grow report, smoke report

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.