#21 BADM4N

BADM4N

Junglist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:39 PM

I have a 400w Mars hydro and that draws 200w from the wall
Also got a 600w vipar and that draws 300w but I would say the vipar performs as well as my 400w hps but at less cos to run and less heat to deal with.
Both units I've tested myself not gone on manufacturers specs.

And like sprink says solid and more potent buds than my hps

Thanks for your input Vador. I'm considering either the Mars Hydro or the Vipar B3x3 depending on which can give me the best coverage. Which Vipar product are you using?

What I don't like about the LED grow pane industry is that they talk about these representative wattages for output and then the draw wattage. It would be much easier for them to talk in lumen output imo, it doesn't take very long to figure out what you are getting from your 400w/600w/1000w HID lamps then compare it to the panels. Although with HID you have to consider the light output ratio of the reflector you are using....

• 2scoops and Sprink like this

#22 Sprink

Sprink

Harletan

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 05:35 PM

The ones I'm already using are the Vipar V400 models which are quite old now, prolly going fairly cheap on eBay

They only draw 200W each though, so I use 2 together for flowering.

They build great bud, so I assume the newer Vipars are just better & more efficient

And I think there's a thread on here where Iron Justice says that the Mars ones are very good, so I think you're braking up the right tree either way

I think the Mars Hydro site might have diagrams that explain the lumens at different heights for different panels, not sure.

• 2scoops, BADM4N and Zipp like this

#23 Zipp

Zipp

Coco Automatic Mod'ness

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,278 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:50 PM

http://www.topledgro...ml#.VTva4ZPU2Uk ,

yous of got me looking now lol quite likes the spread of this one for a 1.2m tent and around 269 quid inc delivery

• BADM4N, fairy and Sprink like this

#24 Sprink

Sprink

Harletan

• Respected User
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:06 PM

http://www.topledgro...ml#.VTva4ZPU2Uk ,

yous of got me looking now lol quite likes the spread of this one for a 1.2m tent and around 215 quid

That's the one that I just got Zipp, it looks pretty decent.

I won't be trying it til after my pineapple tent is done though, several weeks away yet.

Seems like very good value

• BADM4N and Zipp like this

#25 Zipp

Zipp

Coco Automatic Mod'ness

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,278 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:32 PM

well the way im seeing it is ...... 900w led panel still sucking 400 / 450w out ma socket but getting 600w hps style light in old money lol is this true :dazed:

• revert, BADM4N and Sprink like this

#26 Sprink

Sprink

Harletan

• Respected User
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:41 PM

well the way im seeing it is ...... 900w led panel still sucking 400 / 450w out ma socket but getting 600w hps style light in old money lol is this true :dazed:

Nah I think that's asking a bit much TBH. It says that it more than replaces a 450W HID, which is more realistic I think.

But then again, in terms of potency, it's better.

And if you can get 1 gpw out of it then that's a pretty appealing yield :)

Actually I think you'd be better off with 2 smaller panels in 1.2m. More coverage and they'd run cooler, but as others have said, you really need to go on the power draw.

• 2scoops, revert, BADM4N and 1 other like this

#27 revert

revert

wut? where? when?

• Respected User
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:15 AM

^^^^^^ totally agree with that. More panels = better coverage.

Thats one of the downsides to leds, once the plants are getting bigger and getting closer to the leds they block out lots of light and coverage sucks.

One of the reasons I'm using wall to wall panels lol

• 2scoops, BADM4N, Zipp and 2 others like this

#28 BADM4N

BADM4N

Junglist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 01:32 PM

I think I'm going to go for it next month when I get cracking again. Would one big square panel like the Mars 2 or the vipar b3x3 be better for my 1m squared tent... Or 2 smaller rectangular panels?

Zip, they have more tech specs on the Mars hydro website http://www.mars-hydr...light-900w.html shame that lux plot on there means very little to me.
  • 2scoops, Zipp and Sprink like this

#29 fairy

fairy

NFT

• Respected User
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 02:20 PM

i had 2 b3x3's in mi small cupboard...which is like 700mm wide..1.6 high..

think like said above coverage over smaller ones better than one big one.

im running 2 intelligent gor 270W's at mo... got shut of the b3x3's

• revert, BADM4N and Sprink like this

#30 Sprink

Sprink

Harletan

• Respected User
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 02:27 PM

I think I'm going to go for it next month when I get cracking again. Would one big square panel like the Mars 2 or the vipar b3x3 be better for my 1m squared tent... Or 2 smaller rectangular panels?

Zip, they have more tech specs on the Mars hydro website http://www.mars-hydr...light-900w.html shame that lux plot on there means very little to me.

Well I have a 1m tent and the only difference between 1 or 2 panels in that space seems to be heat. My 2 smaller panels ran really cool in there.

But the bigger the tent, the more it makes sense to have 2 panels. If I was using a 1.2m tent that's what I'd want, but it would have to be enough actuall wattage for the space.

Also, I'd think about not using the hanging this that comes with it, because it makes the light hang too low imo

I'd think about tying them up in a way where you can get them all the way up the top, which you can't do with the hanging things. That should make sure you can always have them at the right height to cover the canopy.

I'm sure the panels you're looking at will cover your tent very nicely, as long as you don't have a stupid canopy like I just had :)

• revert, Zipp and fairy like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.