• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#101 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:01 PM

Nice one Darling, the Ducks are quacking along, don't worry that there's not much sun, even behind clouds it still gives more lumens than a 400w HPS.

What we're after is a warm, dry and sunny September, quite common in Wales I believe.

Don't bother with the suprcropping if the stems are too stiff, let them grow to their full height and use boulder training to keep them 'open' when they start to bud up.

I notice that you're not growing any cauliflower, can you use rhubarb instead?

All good things

TDA

• Mrs Willy, Dekay, smokin soul and 3 others like this

#102 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 08:47 PM

them ducks are going well and once they get the roots down you will see faster growth in no time,good luck with the weather fickle beast that it can be in wales,i lived near lampeter for a while,boy thats a soogy place!peace

• Mrs Willy, The Dude Abides and Cheeseman like this

#103 the old lady

the old lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 05:27 PM

They have grown loads in a week Mrs and look bushy and healthy - good idea to move the herbs too :)

Good luck

TOL

• The Dude Abides and Cheeseman like this

#104 Mrs Willy

Mrs Willy

Flump no1

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 06:39 PM

Nice one Darling, the Ducks are quacking along, don't worry that there's not much sun, even behind clouds it still gives more lumens than a 400w HPS.

What we're after is a warm, dry and sunny September, quite common in Wales I believe.

Don't bother with the suprcropping if the stems are too stiff, let them grow to their full height and use boulder training to keep them 'open' when they start to bud up.

I notice that you're not growing any cauliflower, can you use rhubarb instead?

All good things

TDA

Thanks darling. No more supercropping i promise.  What is this boulder training, i googled it and came up with all sorts of weird stuff. Do you mean i shoult start chucking rocks at em in flower?

My garden is simply not big enough to cope with the supply i need to keep up with sales demands for the cauli butt plugs.  The rhubarb is however being used for a prototype rhubarb clingon remover.

them ducks are going well and once they get the roots down you will see faster growth in no time,good luck with the weather fickle beast that it can be in wales,i lived near lampeter for a while,boy thats a soogy place!peace

Cheers dukey  hope yer well mate. yeah roots look like they have settled in getting momentum now. Ay its rainy ere mate.

They have grown loads in a week Mrs and look bushy and healthy - good idea to move the herbs too :)

Good luck

TOL

Hello old woman!. havent they just, think the roots are happy enough now.  DO you mean move the herbs, or its good that they are in the magic patch.

Nice bot of sun here today so that should move em on a bit. No idea at this stage how big they will get. Any ideas anyone? They are about 2 ft now

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops and duke like this

#105 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 09:38 AM

Morning Darling, pissing down here today.

According to the DP website the Ducks can reach 1.5m indoors and 2,5m outdoors, you will need a stepladder to examine the top buds.

The boulder training involves tying some string to the branch you want to bend and attaching the other end to a boulder or brick, you then move the boulder a little bit each day until it is in the desired position, this is really like giant LST, not stressful like supercropping, I got some branches almost horizontal using this method and it saves untying the string each time you want to tighten it, just move the boulder.

If they grow as tall as 2.5m this will help keep the height down, you can also use it to keep the buds away from each other to improve airflow around the buds and reduce the risk of bud rot.

I think TOL may mean you'll need to move the herbs cos they will be overshadowed by the giant Ducks.

Mon the sun.

All good things

TDA

• Mrs Willy, Dekay, 2scoops and 1 other like this

#106 the old lady

the old lady

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 12:25 PM

I think TOL may mean you'll need to move the herbs cos they will be overshadowed by the giant Ducks.

Mon the sun.

Yes Mrs - sorry for not making it clear - I thought you had already moved the herbs as they looked in a bed of their own - rather than have them in between your Ducks - which, as The Dude says, will overshadow the herbs and they will not do well.

TOL

• Mrs Willy, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 1 other like this

#107 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:22 PM

They are doing really well in this country they not been out long, you might have had that earlier glorious sunshine on them if you got your arse into gear sooner mrs but I am sure they going to do fine mate :)

• Mrs Willy, The Dude Abides and Cheeseman like this

#108 Mrs Willy

Mrs Willy

Flump no1

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:49 PM

Thanks peeps and for clarification on the herbs. The only thing between the ducks is some sage and its doing ok. This is first time growing anoything outside so all a bit experimental

Well a cold spell has meant unoptimised growth. Ive had the heating on last 3 nights, traditionally the hottest week of the year, things getting better next few days it seems. Some decent sun today at last.

No sign whatsoever of pistils and im happy with that. As the temps here are mid october levels and they continue to grow and be healthy etc. So a late harvest is not a bad thing. I didnt want em to be humongous and all very stealthy at the moment, so v happy. They do proper pong up close though.

Look a bit hungry, although could be just the leaves lapping up the rare sun today (the strawberry plant looks the same.) Think i will drop some diluted piss over them tomorrow for a bit of N and a tonic.. just to be on the safe side.

They are all v healthy and stealthy.

Duck 1.

Duck 2

Topping evidence..

Duck 3.vThe one shacked up with the rhubarb. he rhubarb is a nutter. I  pulled all the leaves/stalks off last week back to nothing and a week on its gone nuts again.

And the patch where 1&2 are. Ducks, rosemary,sage,strawberries,oregano,cabbage,carrots, salad leaves,courgettes.

Loving this one :)

Attached Files

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 8 others like this

#109 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:42 AM

They looking great Swilly man, newer younger growth does tend to look a paler green to me on all weed plants and darkens with age, but i do see what you saying, so piss away mukka.

• Mrs Willy, The Dude Abides, duke and 2 others like this

#110 Mrs Willy

Mrs Willy

Flump no1

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 11:04 PM

Nice one james. Yup i give em a trickle from the python and all looks fine. Think they are beginning to stretch a bit. Bring on the flower.

Been some winds here and cold nights. But they are alive..

1) Rhubarb Duck.

2) Bushy duck (my fav)

3) Odd duck.

Attached File  IMG_1072.JPG   327.22KB   3 downloadsAttached File  IMG_1073.JPG   378.7KB   3 downloadsAttached File  IMG_1074.JPG   333.54KB   3 downloads

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 11 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dutch Passion, Frisian, Frisian Duck, Duck

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.