41 replies to this topic

#11 Special Branch

Special Branch

head tha ball

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:52 PM

i nip the big leaves off with my nails, then snippity snip snip along the bud to get all the smaller leaves off..

thus turning it like a corn on a cob  :laugh:

I hate when yer fingers get sticky though, rolling another joint becomes a mission  :spliffter:

but i can see the idea with this but surely we'd need same size/weight buds to make it fair :confused:

SB :hattip:

• Dekay, weedtroll and Lizardking like this

#12 Lizardking

Lizardking

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 03:04 PM

I'm the same with sticky fingers @Special Branch...that's why I wear latex gloves,makes all the difference man :)
  • Dekay, Cybes, weedtroll and 1 other like this

#13 KrazyDave

KrazyDave

Organic Grower

• Respected User
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 05:23 PM

Videos, or it didn't happen... ;)

I didn't think I'd need a video so didn't bother. Here's the buds though...

i nip the big leaves off with my nails, then snippity snip snip along the bud to get all the smaller leaves off..
thus turning it like a corn on a cob [emoji23]

I hate when yer fingers get sticky though, rolling another joint becomes a mission :spliffter:

but i can see the idea with this but surely we'd need same size/weight buds to make it fair :confused:

SB [emoji144]

I've got a thing for trimming that is used for cutting cotton when sowing (I think) and I just push it against the buds so the leaves poke through the blades and snip away. I tend to start slow and get faster as I'm going.

That's where the formula comes in too.

Time in seconds/ Wet weight in grams = your score. The lower the score the faster the trimmer.
  • Special Branch and fairy like this

#14 fairy

fairy

NFT

• Respected User
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:07 AM

you got a pic of yer device dave?

#15 KrazyDave

KrazyDave

Organic Grower

• Respected User
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:45 AM

It's one of these I use.....
$_35.JPG
  • The Dude Abides, 2scoops, Cybes and 3 others like this

#16 Cybes

Cybes

TGC DJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 08:52 AM

It's one of these I use.....
$_35.JPG

me and hairflick have those too they make trimming so much quicker and our buds have looked so much nicer since we started using them :D

• Special Branch and fairy like this

#17 KrazyDave

KrazyDave

Organic Grower

• Respected User
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 10:01 AM

They're awesome eh cybes and they fit nicely in your hand. Then there's no trim blisters like on scissors too. I love em. They're only 50 cents from the Chinese shop so I've got a few of em :D

#18 usibl

usibl

the be-loved Random March Pixie

• Respected User
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:25 PM

Attached File  P1120635.JPG   267.82KB   6 downloads,,, we-e-e-ll ...

there is my No-Trim-At-All methods, mates...

a) keep rH below 33% b: B) forget to water a day here and there... all the leafs die off...

eesy-peesy c) leave lower leafs in shade, that'll kill some off

if not, wait & skip a watering day, they'll go on & die... and before chop she'll be plucked clean

well no trimmimg left to do... bwa-hahaha it just takes sufficient abuse/neglect cycle

no, really, I am trying to grow a plant I have to trim.Attached File  P1120643.JPG   267.45KB   6 downloads

Kind Regards

usi

• Dekay, mrsDeeks and KrazyDave like this

#19 KrazyDave

KrazyDave

Organic Grower

• Respected User
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 10:53 PM

You win :D
  • Dekay and usibl like this

#20 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 11:14 PM

I hate trimming cant stand getting so sticky that the baccy sticks to your fingers like pubic hair trying to make a joint in between and can never sit comfy enough for whole time so back aches and bits always get stuck to me and dont show up till I at the checkout in shop or on school run but she generally trims most because I grow it but I still do a fair bit and cant wait for the end when I can use turps to get me fingers back to normal. If I could do it quicker I would but its not really what I call fun and needs breaks for beer and joints ;)

• mrsDeeks, Slippery and KrazyDave like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.