#1 Fowler78

Fowler78

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:31 PM

Hi fellas

I've got 3plants two plants in one room one plant is a white widow x big bud I grew from seed and the other two are blue cheese clones. I'm 5 weeks in flower I thought things were going really well, the ww x bb In particular was looking great the buds fattening up nice. Any way I was just inspecting the two girls that are together in the same room and the ww x bb has got about 4 banana looking hairs on a couple of the buds. I read after picking the seeds up that this strain was prone to hermie. This has never happened to me before so can any one advise what the best course of action to take? I can't see any thing on the blue cheese as of yet and I'll have to check the other cheese when lights come on.
Thanks
  • Budgie, 2scoops, Sprink and 1 other like this

#2 Mrs Willy

Mrs Willy

Flump no1

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:35 PM

Hi fowler...

Just pick em off as you see them and watch it like a hawk daily. Just keep picking em off. Worst case scenario is that they open and shed their pollen. So just picking em off is a surprisingly effective way of protetcting the crop. I have been told from reliable sources that picking em off also deters others growing.

So an easy solution. btw ive only had a couple of hermies and did that^^ and no seeds and the smoke was as good as anything else , so no cause for alarm.

Check the groom for light leaks as well and if in a tent, ensure all the openings for ducting etc are tightend up and lightproof and the zips are closed fully.

Hope this helps

• Budgie, Dekay, 2scoops and 6 others like this

#3 Fowler78

Fowler78

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:44 PM

Thanks m8 that's reassuring I'll check the tent and keep a close eye on things. I'll be gutted if I lose my crop and I certainly won't be going for ww x bb again. I'll keep this thread updated. Thanks again.
  • 2scoops and Paulie like this

#4 Mrs Willy

Mrs Willy

Flump no1

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:47 PM

no worries mate.

Just to add, check temps in groom as well to ensure its all on song. Stress can also hermie plants to worth a 5 min check on timers, fans, temps etc to make sure everything is as it should be.

• Budgie, 2scoops, Fowler78 and 2 others like this

#5 Fowler78

Fowler78

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 01:15 PM

Will do m8. What is the hottest the groom can get without stressing the girls? I think some days it's been reaching 31 when we have had the nice weather. Is that ok?
  • 2scoops and Paulie like this

#6 Fowler78

Fowler78

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 01:21 PM

Thanks m8 think that means I'm ok lol. I've learned a lot from you Jimmy over the last 18 months with your advice top man Appreciate it.
  • 2scoops, Sprink and Paulie like this

#7 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 01:46 PM

31c is sound maybe a wee bit high but nowt to worry the plants too much over, imo it`s highly likely poor genetics and shitty seeds that`s caused it if you enviroment is about right and you got no light leaks. As you know you`ve always grown with cutts which are alot harder to hermie cus they usually been taken from plants with good tried and tested genetics, by taking cutting from cutting, you will also weed out bad genetics, as generally you pick your best and sling the crap, so in effect your breeding away any crap genetic traits taking cutt from cutt and over and over again breeding plants with solid genes, so it is highly unliikely to hermie so you can abuse them in confidence knowing that it won`t cause it to hermie. But yes another thing that can cause it and stress a plant to hermie is too much light. Here`s a good read up on it http://www.growweede...bananas-hermies

• Fowler78, dal, fairy and 3 others like this

#8 Fowler78

Fowler78

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 02:11 PM

Nice read m8. The ww x bb what has the nanas and her room m8 are only in 7 litre pots so there not monsters like my usual 20 litres so I hope I can keep on top of plucking them out. I'll see how I go on. Just hope my big one in the other room is ok.
  • Paulie likes this

#9 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 02:55 PM

Takes 2 or 3 weeks b4 you will see any seeds, if a pod has spread it`s pollen, so be carefull pulling them and you should be ok.

• Fowler78 and Paulie like this

#10 Fowler78

Fowler78

Starting out

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:42 AM

Guys can I ask you what your opinion is that femized seeds are prone to Hermie? I've only ever grown this wwxbb from seed and that did but the cheese clone I had in the same tent,conditions didn't. Cheers
  • Paulie likes this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.