56 replies to this topic

#21 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 05:13 PM

What size pots do you end them in? I'm thinking of buying some various sized builders buckets instead of pots and drilling holes into them.

20 liter pots m8, their more than big enough for growing any big weed plant imo. I just go straght to funal pots from a pot noodle sized one or a cutting in a block, but that`s coco. It maybe wise to pot up numerous times with soil if like you are trying not to use ferts and just water.

• Renagade4-20, KrazyDave, Solo Quin and 1 other like this

#22 KrazyDave

KrazyDave

Organic Grower

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 05:24 PM

Yeah cool mate. I'm not getting the systems yet as it's never that easy over here :(

Where there's a will there's always a way though B)
  • 2scoops, wonkeydonkeymonster and Dutchy like this

#23 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 05:38 PM

Yeah cool mate. I'm not getting the systems yet as it's never that easy over here :(

Where there's a will there's always a way though B)

If you gotta big tray that can take  say 4 pots then all you need is one auto valve some tubing and a rezz bucket you can raise up of ground a bit, it`s a gravity fead system you see, but the autovalves are only about a ten or twenty quid, hardest bit is sticking the valve to your tray, i may have one lying around if i go looking.

• Renagade4-20, Dex and Dutchy like this

#24 Bazza Daley

Bazza Daley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 05:40 PM

Nice one, jimmi2scoops!

For a pot that size are they drinking about six litres in their daily drink?

I have a couple of Dinafem White Widows about two weeks into bloom and a super silver and a couple of Strainhunters moneymakers to finish off and then I'm giving your method a shot.
  • 2scoops and Dutchy like this

#25 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 05:49 PM

Nice one, jimmi2scoops!

For a pot that size are they drinking about six litres in their daily drink?

I have a couple of Dinafem White Widows about two weeks into bloom and a super silver and a couple of Strainhunters moneymakers to finish off and then I'm giving your method a shot.

Yes about 5 or 6 liters so you get plenty of run off, this diary may help you out as bit with a few things, http://www.t-g-c.nl/...cheese-in-coco/ Have you got a diary up Bazza ?

• Dutchy likes this

#26 KrazyDave

KrazyDave

Organic Grower

• Respected User
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 05:51 PM

If you gotta big tray that can take say 4 pots then all you need is one auto valve some tubing and a rezz bucket you can raise up of ground a bit, it`s a gravity fead system you see, but the autovalves are only about a ten or twenty quid, hardest bit is sticking the valve to your tray, i may have one lying around if i go looking.

Yeah sweet. I can get a deep meter square tray from the shop here! I'll check that out :)

#27 Bazza Daley

Bazza Daley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 06:00 PM

Yes about 5 or 6 liters so you get plenty of run off, this diary may help you out as bit with a few things, http://www.t-g-c.nl/...cheese-in-coco/ Have you got a diary up Bazza ?

Not yet pal.

When I go your method I will do though!

I figure I've got a decent handle on plants in coco but I've grown nowt that looks as impressive as in this.

My grow shop sells netting that fixes on to the poles of the tent so I'm gonna buy four to double support it like I've seen here.

Recommend any strains?

I've a small veg cab I can use to get them going once this current run is dried and jarred.

#28 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 06:12 PM

Yeah sweet. I can get a deep meter square tray from the shop here! I'll check that out

Oh you got me now lol, do i need go hunting the valve out, fuck me it could be anywhere. But any shut off valve works ok in a big tray and tbh like i said it`s a mess about sticking down etc, one of these would work better added and screwed to side of your tray with bigger tubing added for faster filling and flow rate, you just gotta get the right height for it which is about 1/2 max i would say or so your pot bottoms are just sat in it maybe a few cm, easy enough to build cheap for a nice self fead hydro set up, you will also need to cover tray on top, so you don`t get any light leeks and that green algae shit growing, but its easy enough to do for pence, it`s only a shithouse system cut off valve and i would think any will will work, i not really planned or looked into it, but i have had a autovalve stuck down in a 4 pot tray b4, like said hardest bit is keeping the valve stick down which is why i think i standard shithouse valve drilled through side of a tray would work better. .

• Bazza Daley, KrazyDave and Dutchy like this

#29 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 06:16 PM

Not yet pal.

When I go your method I will do though!

I figure I've got a decent handle on plants in coco but I've grown nowt that looks as impressive as in this.

My grow shop sells netting that fixes on to the poles of the tent so I'm gonna buy four to double support it like I've seen here.

Recommend any strains?

I've a small veg cab I can use to get them going once this current run is dried and jarred.

Send us a link when you do i`ll pop in and follow it on :)  But take your pick on strains it depends what you looking for, ?  but one i smoked recently that my m8`s got growing now is g13 labs blue venom, i have raved on about it a bit, but it`s one i liked lots, i gonna grow some skunk number 1 next and a few of the seeds from the guys off here that i had sent, but if you wan`t a nice tasting Haze try Dutch Passions >Outlaw, it`s cheap and buzz is bang on and it tastes and stinks great for a haze.

• Bazza Daley and Dutchy like this

#30 KrazyDave

KrazyDave

Organic Grower

• Respected User
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 06:21 PM

Yeah sound Jimmi. Think I'll just stick to hand fed soil and training techniques lol
  • 2scoops likes this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.