• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 01:28 PM

hi all as some of you know i have for a while now been making and using cannabis oil for my tina and some friends for various medicinal needs and have now experimented a lot with various old and new methods of oil making with various degrees of success ,
but have now settled upon the method i shall attempt to describe here as being the most productive and still making a very clean product at the end.
this method is mainly for medical use but could be adapted as well for recreational use the main point being this is going to be used on human skin and needs to be as clean and free of both chemicals and natural colour as much as possible as patients do not like being dyed green(ask tina)
this method is not good for trim and should be used only for clean well flushed bud from mature bud with a good number of amber trichs for best results.
1.first we need good clean mature bud
2.decarboxylate or activate the thc by oven drying at 100 degs c for 3 hours and break up as much as possible.
3.freeze bud and isopropyl for 24 hours also any utensils you will use ie funnels mixing vessel etc 
4.as quick as possible remove from freezer and using a plastic tuperware with lid idealy 1-2 ltr works best mix your frozen bud and iso together (the point here is speed keep everything frozen whilst extraction takes place)
5.return your now mixed weed/iso to the freezer after mixing shaking it well and leave for 30 minutes(yes thats half an hour)sounds mad dont it?
6.right we now as quick as we can run the mix through a sieve(previously frozen so wear gloves)
7.now use your coffee filters to clean the mix and return the now light amber coloured iso to the freezer for another 24 hours
8.now after 24 hrs in the freezer run the iso mix through another coffee filter this will remove excess wax from it.now i put in a clear sealed container outside in good sunlight for 12 hours to remove the green colour this is called solarisation.
9.using a rice cooker ban marie style with a fan blowing the fumes outdoors and no naked flames lit boilers or spliffs evap your mix in the normal method until no bubbles are visible and when cooled the oil should be quite thick but very clean free from green colour and also needing only the single wash to extract most of the goodies a saving in iso use as well.
10.warm the oil through gently and suck into a syringe and allow to cool before use,store out of the light in a cool place.
i will add pics later as i forgot to take them last run! any questions or suggestions(clean ones) welcome,peace
hi all heres some pics of the method i will try get them in some sort of order so you can see the benefit of the frozen soak and the beautiful clean amber oil it makes,pic1 shows the iso and containers i use Attached File  oil making 001.JPG   145.77KB   9 downloads
next shows the trim in mixing vesselAttached File  oil making 002.JPG   149.62KB   9 downloads
this pic shows the label and note this is uk product medical grade isopropyl 99.9%Attached File  oil making 004.JPG   201.04KB   9 downloads
next shows the frozen trim and iso in mixing vessel ready to return to the freezer for 30 minutesAttached File  oil making 005.JPG   191.94KB   9 downloads
the big sieve and glass bowl for draining the iso from our trim(both deep frozen)Attached File  oil making 006.JPG   285.31KB   9 downloads
this pic shows the funnel and filter pre soaked with frozen iso this aids filtering and stops them clogging so quickAttached File  oil making 008.JPG   43.83KB   9 downloads
this pic shows a few funnels and bottles ready for use again these have been frozenAttached File  oil making 009.JPG   106.4KB   9 downloadsthe trim ready for draining out the iso after 30 minutes frozenAttached File  oil making 010.JPG   332.94KB   9 downloads
this one shows the iso draining into bowlAttached File  oil making 011.JPG   251.91KB   9 downloads
this one shows the iso after draining note how little green colour is carried through by the frozen method we are usingAttached File  oil making 013.JPG   89.07KB   9 downloads
this shows the iso after a further freezing and filtering again even clearerAttached File  oil making 019.JPG   71.75KB   9 downloadsthe clean and ready for use oilAttached File  oil making 018.JPG   31.82KB   9 downloads
i will add a pic and some figures for anyone interested when i can get the oil tested from this method,i hope this makes sense if not sing out and i try fix it,peace all

• Mrs Willy, Budgie, mellowed and 29 others like this

#2 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:09 PM

there you go i even done the pics now!peace
  • Budgie, The Dude Abides, FoxyLady and 7 others like this

#3 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,602 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:38 PM

Nice bit of info m8, very informative this is. :)

• duke, Petal and K.D.R.G.M like this

#4 Lab Rat

Lab Rat

Silent runningz

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 07:47 PM

Quality mate, you must have a lot of patience. :hattip:

• duke and K.D.R.G.M like this

#5 K.D.R.G.M

K.D.R.G.M

Has dirty fingernails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 05:06 PM

cheers buddy :hookah:

even a n00b like me understood it.Very informative

:hookah:

• duke likes this

#6 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,602 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 07:39 AM

I suppose i could use the slow cooker ban marie style to evaporate the iso instead of a rise cooker :)

How long does the isopropyl take to evaporate ban marie style as iv`e only ever done it by boiling off the isopropyl straight on the leccy cooker type hob and this takes about 4 hours. :) cheers Duke`ster. :)

• duke, olmec and Dutchy like this

#7 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 10:35 AM

I've only ever used the slow cooker m8, water sits at 76c on low with the iOS in a Pyrex bowl floating on the water and takes about 3 hrs for half a litre of iso to evaporate
  • 2scoops, duke and Dutchy like this

#8 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,602 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 11:19 AM

I've only ever used the slow cooker m8, water sits at 76c on low with the iOS in a Pyrex bowl floating on the water and takes about 3 hrs for half a litre of iso to evaporate

Probably gonna be about 2 litres when i do it, i may just stick it straight onto the slow cooker pot without water or lid on and put it on high, it should evaporate quicker then ? and the iso never gets hot enough to evaporate the thc cus i always used a hotplate in the past on high with a temp gage in the mix pyrex bowl, i cant remember temp now off hanf, but it always worked well and boiled of the alcohol quicker without combustion or vaping the thc off as it was a much less temp the boiling point of the isopropyl, cheers m8.

• duke likes this

#9 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,602 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 11:21 AM

I gonna decarb the weed straight outa freezer for 45mins on gas mark 9 (245c) sounds good yes ? im looking at doing this quicker hence the higher heating @ duke.

• duke likes this

#10 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 12:00 PM

I gonna decarb the weed straight outa freezer for 45mins on gas mark 9 (245c) sounds good yes ? im looking at doing this quicker hence the higher heating @ duke.

hi jimmi thats far to hot you will burn of any goodies at that temp 110c for 2-3 hours is best depending how wet the starting material is with wet trim 3 hours is right dried and then frozen bud 2 hours at 110c anything higher than that risks ruining your oil and ending up with nought but cbg which will make you go to sleep and give you headache!good luck with it,peace

• Dutchy and Nefarious Shenanigans like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: medical cannabis oil, extraction, frozen soak, winterisation, decarboxylation

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.