20 replies to this topic

#11 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 01:49 PM

hi jimmi thats far to hot you will burn of any goodies at that temp 110c for 2-3 hours is best depending how wet the starting material is with wet trim 3 hours is right dried and then frozen bud 2 hours at 110c anything higher than that risks ruining your oil and ending up with nought but cbg which will make you go to sleep and give you headache!good luck with it,peace

I may have got farenheight and celcius mixed up their. But sound that is m8. The weed is just slung in a bag at chop and straight into the freezer, so it may take longer, but 30 to 40 mins and just keep an eye on it, i wont be able to break it up properly till it`s started to dry, but i`ll get it done, pretty soon in the coming week me thinks :) .

I watched this video earlier on it.

• duke likes this

#12 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 01:53 PM

@jimmi2scoops i did a post on using mouldy bud copied from skunkpharma its quite detailed stuff and i learnt much from reading it,the fact that one of the most dangerous aspergillis has been found to treat some cancers but only after it has been killed by heat i found fascinating,peace

• Nefarious Shenanigans likes this

#13 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 01:56 PM

What you did a post on here m8 ?

I found this i was looking at as well it may help a few peeps.

decarboxylation graph

@duke i`m just looking at my cooker and gas mark one converts to 140c, then theirs a setting below which just says low, maybe i wont be able to do it in the cooker. :/

• duke, Dutchy and Nefarious Shenanigans like this

#14 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 02:24 PM

What you did a post on here m8 ?

I found this i was looking at as well it may help a few peeps.

@duke i`m just looking at my cooker and gas mark one converts to 140c, then theirs a setting below which just says low, maybe i wont be able to do it in the cooker. :/

Isopropyl alcohol forms an azeotrope with water, which gives a boiling point of 80.37 °C (176.67 °F) and a composition of 87.7 wt% (91 vol%) isopropyl alcohol. Water-isopropyl alcohol mixtures have depressed melting points.[6] It has a slightly bitter taste, and is not safe to drink.[6][7]

Isopropyl alcohol becomes increasingly viscous with decreasing temperature. At temperatures below −70 °C (−94 °F), isopropyl alcohol resembles maple syrup in viscosity.

this is from wiki but i find skunkpharma the best source of verified data but bassicaly you want ideal evap temp of 87 degs c that guarantees iso evap and no loss of thc etc due to burn of,and yes posted in stickys on medical section,peace

• Dutchy and Nefarious Shenanigans like this

#15 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 02:29 PM

Sorry Duke i meant for decarbing the weed in the oven, i dont think temp goes down low enough

• duke likes this

#16 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 03:03 PM

Sorry Duke i meant for decarbing the weed in the oven, i dont think temp goes down low enough

in that case you still have a couple of options,being as you need to dry it first anyway you can use a cake tin and set oven low and put it on bottom shelf and it should be crumble dry in an hour or 2 in which case just put it back in the oven for another hour once its dry,or just dry it enough in the oven to remove the moisture and run it then when you do the evap ban marie style till all bubbles cease when stirred by this point it is as decarbed as you get and ready for use and allthough bain marie method takes a little longer it does the trick nicely with no danger of burning of the goodies,110c is what i aim for decarbing,peace

• 2scoops likes this

#17 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 03:24 PM

Yes i like that idea m8, nice. :)

• duke likes this

#18 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 07:25 PM

Can I get any 10ml syringes to store the oil in?

cheap 10ml ones on ebay disposable ones are fine just let the oil warm up a bit before you squeeze it to hard is all,peace

• FoxyLady, 2scoops and LegalizeMe like this

#19 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 07:33 PM

Can I get any 10ml syringes to store the oil in?

Don`t go syringe`ing it up as soon as it`s done or you will lift the syringe out with no end on, melted off into the oil, give it a minute ir two to cool but still syringe`able

• Lab Rat, duke, LegalizeMe and 2 others like this

#20 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 07:43 PM

Silicon pots are the way forward I can't imagine the hassle of a syringe, silicon pots are just amazing just dollop it in and it never sticks! Can't rate them high enough!!! @LegalizeMe @jimmi2scoops @duke about £6 for five pots " oil slick " I can recommend
  • duke, LegalizeMe, Petal and 1 other like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: medical cannabis oil, extraction, frozen soak, winterisation, decarboxylation

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.