• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#1 Up2nogood

Up2nogood

Just call me Sir

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:31 PM

I thought I would open a thread about photographic equipment and what equipment you all have? Any pro's here? Amateurs etc...

I am a amateur myself and still learning and yes it can get bloody confusing :)

With all the apertures/ fstops / shutter speeds etc and getting the right exposure right for your camera.

What type of scenes do you like taking shots off ? Landscapes ? Portraits ? Astrophotography even?

Lets have a chat and see what tips we can give each other..Show us some of your camera pics..

No mobile pics..We have a thread already :)

What cameras have you got ? Do you prefer Nikon? Canon ? Fuji etc?

What lenses do you like to use?

I will start..  I have a

Nikon D5500 with a 18mm-140mm zoom lens used for portaits and scenery etc

2qbszza.jpg

This guy is hilarious lol

My fav pic 

mrtf94.jpg

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, hazed bunny and 6 others like this

#2 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,602 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:52 PM

Good thread @Up2nogood i like pikeing at nice pictures and i am interested lots in the do`s and dont`s about photography. Theirs gotta be more budding photograpgers around here so ome on guys get those pictures posted and all the tips and tricks you know. My camera`s are a fuji fine pix, point aim and shoot is all i know but i may invest in summink a bit more semi pro like at some stage, it`s just knowing howto. :D

• Up2nogood, KiefKat, the old lady and 1 other like this

#3 Up2nogood

Up2nogood

Just call me Sir

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:39 PM

Macro shot of a daisy

24ozv5w.jpg

• 2scoops, KiefKat and Paulie like this

#4 Up2nogood

Up2nogood

Just call me Sir

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:44 PM

qxnldv.jpg

213kygo.jpg

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 4 others like this

#5 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,602 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:01 PM

Some great pictures m8, how much are those nikon camera`s, expensive ? i`m just wondering if you could get summink with similar specs cheaper, you know all chinese`y. :)

• Up2nogood and Paulie like this

#6 Up2nogood

Up2nogood

Just call me Sir

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:11 PM

Some great pictures m8, how much are those nikon camera`s, expensive ? i`m just wondering if you could get summink with similar specs cheaper, you know all chinese`y. :)

Jimmi if you look on ebay or Amazon.preferebly Ebay you can get some bargains,,All you probably need is a older dslr with a wide lens if you just want to take close ups of people or plants etc,if you want to do landscape you would need a zoom lens but you could get one for under a hundred I guess

• 2scoops and Paulie like this

#7 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,602 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:22 PM

Well yes i like the macro shots part of photography lots even though i clueless theirs some great pictures taken macro style. But yes so you saying a cheap dslr and i suppose it`s all about your lenses then , like you could use the same dslr camera with the right lense to take macro, potraits etc etc , basically it`s all about getting the right lense, or am i miles away with that ?

• Dekay, Up2nogood, KiefKat and 1 other like this

#8 Up2nogood

Up2nogood

Just call me Sir

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:23 PM

Some cost thousands Jimmi lol but mid range are around £500 plus,too expensive though. You get what you pay for I guess but you can still get some good shots with a shoot and go digi cam

• Dekay, 2scoops, KiefKat and 1 other like this

#9 Up2nogood

Up2nogood

Just call me Sir

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:39 PM

Well yes i like the macro shots part of photography lots even though i clueless theirs some great pictures taken macro style. But yes so you saying a cheap dslr and i suppose it`s all about your lenses then , like you could use the same dslr camera with the right lense to take macro, potraits etc etc , basically it`s all about getting the right lense, or am i miles away with that ?

You can take pics of anything really with a wide lens but obviously landscapes will look small in your frame.

You can buy special macro lenses but you're talking a lot of money but you can still use a normal lens for macro but won't be no where as good as the real macro lenses.

Have you thought about a bridge camera? I used to have one but couldn't get used to it as I like to change lenses..With bridge cameras you are stuck with one lens but one I had a really good range of wide and zoom all in one..

• Dekay, 2scoops and Paulie like this

#10 Ken Erbis

Ken Erbis

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:41 PM

Thanks to jimmi for inviting me to the thread and same to up2noggod for starting it.  Im currently using a canon hs50 and when I go super macro I clip on a raynox 250 macro lens. A good tip for macro is lens length, the longer the lens the closer your going to get. So with the hs50 at 50x zoom optical clip on the raynox 250 and you have something very functional and usable even without a tripod on super macro shots.

I wont bore you with canna pics but show you what I mean with some of my nature macros and other stuff.. Many were taken with the same raynox on a fuji hs10 30x zoom.  Theres so many photographic techniques represented in these pics from HDR, light painting, macro, focus stacking etc and theyre not even my good pics. Enjoy

• Dekay, Up2nogood, 2scoops and 4 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.