• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#11 Up2nogood

Up2nogood

Just call me Sir

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:45 PM

Very nice Ken..I like the insect..very clear..The one with the weird lines I used to do that too,I put my on a second exposure and moved it about,you get some good shots

• 2scoops, Paulie and Ken Erbis like this

#12 Up2nogood

Up2nogood

Just call me Sir

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:49 PM

Not seen those

Raynox DCR-250 Macro Conversion Lens

before..They look pretty good..I don't have a steady hand but insects never seem to stay still long enough for me lol

• 2scoops, Paulie and Ken Erbis like this

#13 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:51 PM

My favourite cameras are my Pentax MX and my Canon T90 ;)

I used to take quite a lot of photos back in the days of film, but since the general switch to digital I've taken fewer and fewer*, and I print even less :(

I think I used to be quite good, in my own way, with a decent grasp of f-stops, shutter speeds, ISO ratings, etc., and my composition was usually fair, as well.

I was also competent at processing and printing black and white stock in a darkroom, which I learned at school, and which I then carried on messing about with into my late-teens/early-20s.

I was probably a fairly early adopter of digital — I still have my original Olympus C3030Z, which has a lovely Zeiss lens, and takes 3.3 MPix images.

My current digital camera is a Lumix FZ-30 which, for a fixed-lens camera, is pretty decent by most standards, but it's just not the same as film somehow :(

*Like many people, I took loads at first, but often lots of the same thing.
  • Dekay, Up2nogood, 2scoops and 2 others like this

#14 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:57 PM

Hmmm... I think that with film I pay more attention to what I'm doing, probably because I get fewer tries, and it's more expensive.

With digital I have more of a "take a few and hope one's good" attitude, but they still usually arent as good as the single film shot.
  • Dekay, KiefKat, the old lady and 1 other like this

#15 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:58 PM

Those super macro shots are ferking awsome, i need a cheap set up that does summink half as good as those beauties.

• Up2nogood, the old lady and Paulie like this

#16 Up2nogood

Up2nogood

Just call me Sir

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:03 PM

Zeiss lenses are superb quality Anonymiss.. I may have to invest in one of those macro snap on things,I have a 67mm lens so it will fit,decisions again lol

• Dekay, 2scoops, KiefKat and 1 other like this

#17 Ken Erbis

Ken Erbis

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:20 PM

Some great pictures m8, how much are those nikon camera`s, expensive ? i`m just wondering if you could get summink with similar specs cheaper, you know all chinese`y. :)

Must be patient for insect macro or make sure they are dead

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 3 others like this

#18 Up2nogood

Up2nogood

Just call me Sir

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:25 PM

Yeah..I found a dead Bumble Bee but it was a bit past decomposed..not good for macro lol

• Dekay, 2scoops, KiefKat and 2 others like this

#19 Ken Erbis

Ken Erbis

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:37 PM

• Dekay, 2scoops, revert and 1 other like this

#20 Up2nogood

Up2nogood

Just call me Sir

• Sleeping Mods
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:39 PM

I haven't tried much macro Ken because I haven't the patience. I have tried but the slightest of winds and it's blury..

I have had my aperture on the highest to let more light in,had it on a slower shutter speed to get more light in and forget about having the ISO on more then 400 as it will look too noisy (grainy)

I will buy this snap on macro lens and see how it goes,have to save money up for it first though..

• Paulie and Ken Erbis like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.