40 replies to this topic

#1 A1 Sativa

A1 Sativa

Has dirty fingernails

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:15 PM

Am looking for a purple sativa strain to do in a scrog grow in a few months when the critical super silver haze are done as i should be in late flower in the winter and can easily make it colder in tent to bring out the colours. Something dark purple with bright orange hairs be pretty cool.

The Caramelo I have recently grown is a really nice smoke but because flowered in the warmer months didn't get the purple you'd expect from a cross of two Lavender strains.

Purple haze shouts out as the obvious choice but there are a few versions out there so not sure who's got the best. Had a quick look and Postronics and G13 versions look nice. Sensi do one through WhiteLabel but i had germing probs with there seeds before so reluctant to use again 

Purple crack sound interesting too green crack x Blackwater but a bit too much indica for what i like id really want a minimum of 70 percent Sativa genes

Caramelo and Cotton Candy both really cracking strains and I'll no doubt do again but fancy trying out new things

Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions. fem seeds ideally as not really got room to sex them first

#2 WanderinBloke

WanderinBloke

They see me wibblin'

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:39 PM

Nope, sorry bud, no idea on a purp sativa. Bump for ya.

• A1 Sativa likes this

#3 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 04:25 PM

Trifles are sat dom with a bit of colour to them sometimes?, not fems though.

• Cybes and A1 Sativa like this

#4 A1 Sativa

A1 Sativa

Has dirty fingernails

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 04:29 PM

@ WanderinBloke how would that godbud do in a scrog? how sativa is it?  there is a canadian company selling a strain called gods gift and some pictures on google of a purple gods gift

#5 BudMan

BudMan

Old School

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 06:25 PM

I grew out Barneys Farm Red Dragon and it turned lovely hues of red and purple. No need for temperature drops or waiting near the end for the colour, it come on strong straight away.

Think its a 70 / 30 mix, deffo leaning towards sativa thats for sure.

Its a West Himalayan Kush crossed with a Brazilian Haze 

Nice old school smoke, proper creeper. Don't think its doing much but your smashed out your face 15 minutes later

• A1 Sativa likes this

#6 BudMan

BudMan

Old School

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 06:41 PM

gallery_120_254_553222.png

Found a picture of it for you about a week into flowering  :stonedsmilie:

• Budgie, The Dude Abides, A1 Sativa and 3 others like this

#7 WanderinBloke

WanderinBloke

They see me wibblin'

• Respected User
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:14 PM

@ WanderinBloke how would that godbud do in a scrog? how sativa is it?  there is a canadian company selling a strain called gods gift and some pictures on google of a purple gods gift

She's pure indica mate, short, squat, useless in a scrog.

• A1 Sativa likes this

#8 A1 Sativa

A1 Sativa

Has dirty fingernails

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 04:09 PM

@ BudMan thanks for that. The purple hazes on market apart from ace seeds i believe are just breeders interpretations of a purple haze.  purple haze from the hendrix days was a pure haze that had just turned purple and that clone was kept. A  long flowering outdoor haze a purple version of old timers haze.

The one I'm looking at in detail at the moment is Killing fields by Sannies seeds as its now available in F4 generations the colouring trait high. Never used sannies seeds but i think @ Mrs Willy some members have on another forum before if my memory correct?

Attached Files

Edited by Azza, 16 July 2015 - 04:10 PM.

• Budgie and Scone like this

#9 WanderinBloke

WanderinBloke

They see me wibblin'

• Respected User
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 06:48 PM

No answers from me but bump for ya, azza.

#10 Mrs Willy

Mrs Willy

Flump no1

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 08:12 PM

Hi, no ive never grown em azza. not sannies seeds anyway.

Whilst this is not a sativa, if its pretty planst you are after.. doing a bag of shiva shanti is not a bad call. Would need to do a run to find the pink pistils but appears to be ok on a bag of 10 beans.

http://www.rollitup....pistils.494030/

scroll  10 inches down...

Its on my list of pretty plants to do.

If sativa is a must, then reiterate GB recommendation..

The trifles are excellent and most will go pink/purp. Ive seen a real black one as well which were a stunner.

Its just black rose X MMG but the MMG chucks the yield and long pistils in.The smoke is clean sativa hit and many people(myself included, really rate it, but understand why people dont.)

Do drop us a pm if you fancy some trifle azza. There are prob about 5 bags left and that is last of orig uk stock.

• Budgie, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 2 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.